Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Re: Verbal abuse and cyber-bullying on Philosophy Now forums

Post by Nick_A »

Arising wrote
Your Trumpette won't even post his tax-returns like previous presidents have but a 'black' president has to have his nationality questioned because hey how can a black man be so erudite, he just can't be a Yank.
This is what the politicians, media, courts, and people in power all believe. An American citizen is both unworthy of and too stupid to deserve proof of a black man's constitutional eligibility. When there is unanimous agreement on this opinion of American citizens all they deserve is verbal abuse and cyber bullying when they dare to question their progressive superiors.

Under these circumstances the intent of America has been destroyed. The potential for freedom has been lost and the great American experiment has been a failure. The American people have been ruled both unworthy of and too stupid to deserve it
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:14 am
Nick_A wrote:Christianity is part of a perennial philosophy and this philosophy always was. ...
Always was what?
The essence of Christianity didn't begin with Jesus: he actualized it. ...
I think you'll find the clue is in the name.
The very thing which is now called the Christian religion existed among the ancients also, nor was it wanting from the inception if the human race until the coming if Christ in the flesh, at which point the true religion which was already in existence began to be called Christian. -ST. AUGUSTINE, Retractiones
Just another christian sectarian trying to claim the past.

Which 'ancients'?

Still not hearing a single word from you about what it is you would actually be teaching the kids if you had your way?
You have convinced me that one of the most essential techniques to teach is how to avoid the psychologically damaging effects of radiations from the irate secular progressive personality
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:14 am
"even if we can't prevent the forces of tyranny from prevailing, we can at least "understand the force by which we are crushed." Simone Weil
One way of preventing the forces of tyranny from prevailing is to not vote for the biggest autocrat and environmental vandal! The claim about freedom and avoiding regulation is ironic.

I look forward to women's freedom over their own bodies.

Or everyone's freedom to die with dignity rather than suffering through ineffectual palliative care.

Or the freedom for people to take the substances they want for their own body.

The freedom for gays to marry.

The freedom from being surrounded by reckless fools with guns.

The freedom from abject poverty for people working full time on minimum wage

The freedom of our children to enjoy nature rather than knock it all down for developments.

The freedom for our children to not be forced to clean up ALL of our environmental mess.

The freedom for non-conservative women to aim for high office without the Murdoch media hunting them down.

What of freedom of knowledge, rather than the dodgy filtered conservative version fed to us by the media?

The list goes on. Conservatives have always been anti-freedom towards those they deem to be underlings, and they have become ever more extreme and immune to reason.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:This is what the politicians, media, courts, and people in power all believe. ...
And this'll be what then?
An American citizen is both unworthy of and too stupid to deserve proof of a black man's constitutional eligibility. ...
So essentially you're saying that black men are not American citizens even when born in America.
When there is unanimous agreement on this opinion of American citizens all they deserve is verbal abuse and cyber bullying when they dare to question their progressive superiors. ...
It wasn't even an issue for American citizens, it was raised as a ploy by racist republicans, and supported by your current president, who just couldn't stand seeing a black face as president and one more erudite than them to boot.
Under these circumstances the intent of America has been destroyed. ...
It surely has as once more the far-right have undermined faith in the civil services that underpin democracy. By challenging Obama's right to preside by questioning his nationality they've effectively said they don't trust their own democratic processes. No surprise there tho' as really you and them would prefer an oligarchy allied with a white christian theocracy.
The potential for freedom has been lost and the great American experiment has been a failure. ...
Has been from the start as it's never been a democracy.
The American people have been ruled both unworthy of and too stupid to deserve it.
Your parties have always been for the rich and powerful and never for your 'people', hence the trumpette at present.

I wonder why he didn't want to show his tax returns?
Last edited by Arising_uk on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:You have convinced me that one of the most essential techniques to teach is how to avoid the psychologically damaging effects of radiations from the irate secular progressive personality.
So basically you'll be teaching them to avoid answering questions about what they believe or what they would do in certain situations. Teaching them to kiss with lies so to speak and avoid the slap of truth like the plague. I'm amazed you have the gall to be on a philosophy forum.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Arising wrote:
When there is unanimous agreement on this opinion of American citizens all they deserve is verbal abuse and cyber bullying when they dare to question their progressive superiors. ...

It wasn't even an issue for American citizens, it was raised as a ploy by racist republicans, and supported by your current president, who just couldn't stand seeing a black face as president and one more erudite then them to boot.

Under these circumstances the intent of America has been destroyed. ...

It surely has as once more the far-right have undermined faith in the civil services that underpin democracy. By challenging Obama's right to preside by questioning his nationality they've effectively said they don't trust their own democratic processes. No surprise there tho' as really you and them would prefer an oligarchy allied with a white christian theocracy.
The situation clarifies. We can see more clearly why American citizens are considered by secular progressives to be unworthy of and too stupid to deserve essential Constitutional protections.

In earlier times Americans as a whole agreed with the concepts of blind justice and equality under the law along with the concept that the government works for the people. Now America has apparently evolved to believe in justice determined by political correctness and people working for the government.

We’ve learned that because I am unworthy and undeserving of Constitutional protections, secular progressives must determine my motives for questioning rather than support my right to question. My right to question is considered secondary to my motives for questioning. I for example cannot question Obama’s credentials as part of the process of casting an educated vote. Because of my fallen nature, I need a progressive expert to determine my motives. Blind justice and equality under the law are now archaic concepts replaced by the dictates of political correctness determined by secular progressive superiors

I used to think there would never be another hoax to possibly rival Jean Shepherd’s class I, Libertine hoax. Can you imagine all these experts arguing over a book that doesn’t exist just because they cannot admit they haven’t read it. How do you beat that? What could be a better example of human gullibility? But the great Obama eligibility hoax has done it. It has beaten out Shep’s extraordinary I, Libertine hoax. I guess all records must fall.

If you are a kid lurking I will now introduce you to I, Libertine even though it could be dangerous for you. Never let the educated progressives know you are aware of it. It is too insulting for their image. But when no one is looking, if you read it you may find yourself having a good laugh. So read at your own risk and shudder over the fact that the Obama eligibility has beaten it out.

http://www.bobkaye.com/ilibertine.html
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:56 am
"even if we can't prevent the forces of tyranny from prevailing, we can at least "understand the force by which we are crushed." Simone Weil
One way of preventing the forces of tyranny from prevailing is to not vote for the biggest autocrat and environmental vandal! The claim about freedom and avoiding regulation is ironic.

Or everyone's freedom to die with dignity rather than suffering through ineffectual palliative care.

The freedom of our children to enjoy nature rather than knock it all down for developments.

The freedom for our children to not be forced to clean up ALL of our environmental mess.

The freedom for non-conservative women to aim for high office without the Murdoch media hunting them down.

What of freedom of knowledge, rather than the dodgy filtered conservative version fed to us by the media?

The list goes on. Conservatives have always been anti-freedom towards those they deem to be underlings, and they have become ever more extreme and immune to reason.
What obligations have you voluntarily adopted that will support your list of freedoms?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:30 pm

What obligations have you voluntarily adopted that will support your list of freedoms?
I voted, worked, I paid taxes and supported various causes.

Do you disagree with the freedoms listed above?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

I agree with some and disgree with others. For example:
Why just women? Why shouldn't people of all ages be free to contaminate their bodies with all sorts of drugs rather than making them illegal? This isn't so simple.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:...
If you are a kid lurking I will now introduce you to I, Libertine even though it could be dangerous for you. Never let the educated progressives know you are aware of it. It is too insulting for their image. But when no one is looking, if you read it you may find yourself having a good laugh. So read at your own risk and shudder over the fact that the Obama eligibility has beaten it out.
You are quite clearly mental Nick_A.

I'm British and as such don't give two tosses about any of your right-wing American citizens whether on the Democrat or Republican wings as to me they are both right-wing parties and your 'secular-progressives' is just a far right-wing nutjob playing sectarian games. However, this is a philosophy forum and as such epistemology and politics are of interest to me so I find it fascinating watching the far-right destroy US public confidence in their own democratic processes as I presume one of the functions of the civil service over there is to impartially check if a candidate for presidential office is an American and I presume they have done that for pretty much every candidate since the office started and can only assume why the last president has to publicly publish his birth certificate is the inherent racism evident in your post that thinks a black man can't be an American, ignoring of course that he had a whiter than white mother. The epistemological side comes in because you appear to be blind to any evidence that contradicts your beliefs, no surprise there given everything you've posted upon this forum, but I wonder how you would go about proving that you are an American if your citizenship was questioned, a birth certificate by any chance? And if that was said to be a forgery what would you do then. That Obama had to show the 'public' that he was an American may be 'their' right but why he had to do it shows 'they' really had no right on their side as it was just sectarian politics of the nastiest type.

I'm also not amazed that you think it fine that a possible tax-dodger should be in charge of a system that imprisons or fines the average American citizen for dodging their taxes, after all he is an rich orangey white man and we know how much you love hierarchies and knowing your place below your betters. Which coincidentally also explains why you hated having an erudite 'black' American in an obvious position of power above you.
p.s.
Still hearing a big fat nothing from you about what you would be teaching the kids if you got your way, why so coy?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:21 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:42 pm
Greta wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:49 pm Aww Eodnhoj7, I was hoping to stay off the point of the OP - that horse has well and truly been flogged (and it turned out just to be a guy in a horsey suit anyway) and I quite enjoy dimensional chit chat :)
Just start a thread in the metaphysics or math section on whatever topic you can think of, you know I will be there faster than Nick and his judgements on us all.
Nonsense. You will be judged before you finish the first post and before Greta can write the name "Trump". I received my degree in Judgmentalism and astounded my professors with my thesis "How to Judge Women." I'm an old hand at this stuff.
So we are judged, okay...so what...that is the moral custom of our times. You have your standard, other people have theirs. In many respects you are just fitting in with those you disagree with. What judgement do you hold upon yourself?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:08 pm
Nick_A wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:21 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Just start a thread in the metaphysics or math section on whatever topic you can think of, you know I will be there faster than Nick and his judgements on us all.
Nonsense. You will be judged before you finish the first post and before Greta can write the name "Trump". I received my degree in Judgmentalism and astounded my professors with my thesis "How to Judge Women." I'm an old hand at this stuff.
So we are judged, okay...so what...that is the moral custom of our times. You have your standard, other people have theirs. In many respects you are just fitting in with those you disagree with. What judgement do you hold upon yourself?
I plead guilty to being the wretched man as descried by St. Paul in Romans 7
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:19 am I agree with some and disgree with others. For example:
Why just women? Why shouldn't people of all ages be free to contaminate their bodies with all sorts of drugs rather than making them illegal? This isn't so simple.
Yes, they should be allowed, especially since it's already the case and most drug deaths are from prescription drugs.

Yes, let us all be free to do what we will with our minds and bodies - they are ours. It's nobody else's business what we do with the only things that are truly our own.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:52 amI'm British and as such don't give two tosses about any of your right-wing American citizens whether on the Democrat or Republican wings as to me they are both right-wing parties and your 'secular-progressives' is just a far right-wing nutjob playing sectarian games.
I relate to this! The major parties have long decided to prioritise business over individuals through a combination of reasonable utilitarianism and unreasonable lobbying and corrupt influence. To some extent, it's probably been thus since the first time a chief got together with some strongarm supporters to dominate the tribe and treat the tribe's women, food, shelter and resources as their own.
Arising_uk wrote:... I find it fascinating watching the far-right destroy US public confidence in their own democratic processes ...

... can only assume why the last president has to publicly publish his birth certificate is the inherent racism evident in your post that thinks a black man can't be an American

... you think it fine that a possible tax-dodger should be in charge of a system that imprisons or fines the average American citizen for dodging their taxes ...
Again, I could not agree more. I still have not got my head around the fuss made over Obama birth certificate and the non-fuss made about Trump's tax returns. Priorities??
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:30 pm

To pay my taxes - unlike your orange hero.

To conduct my business ethically. Unlike your orange hero.

To not grab strangers by the crotch. Unlike your orange hero.

To lobby for legalised euthanasia.

To give to charities. Unlike your orange hero.

To not discriminate. Unlike your orange hero.

To not use lethal weapons on others.

To recycle and be careful with consumption. To care about the environment - unlike your orange hero.

To not give credence to excessively biased sources of information. Unlike both you and the orange one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What obligations do you demand for your planned patriarchal Christian caliphate?