Suicide

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

artisticsolution

Suicide

Post by artisticsolution »

Beautiful redhead shoots herself in the head. Gets taken to the hospital.

(At another location)Beautiful bartender ducks behind bar to save herself from the bullets flying around her.

Beautiful redhead lays in a hospital bed flipping off doctors with one of the few parts of her body that still works...her middle finger.

Beautiful bartender seeks safe way out of the mayhem for her barback who has just been shot in the chest.

Beautiful redhead gets visitors who sadly wonder " if she could understand them" but took solice that she raised her left eyebrow (the only one she had left) at the mention of a loved ones name.

(Same location)Beautiful bartender walks around hospital in shock as barback is in surgery and hundreds of survivors wait for the next doctor and hospital room...just trying to stay alive.

Barback lives.

Redhead dies 2 weeks later.

Why is suicide illegal? Why are there not caring places one could go to have a painless death if they so choose? Why make them take up much needed hospital beds for those who wish to live?

I dont get it.
attofishpi

Re: Suicide

Post by attofishpi »

artisticsolution wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:12 amWhy is suicide illegal? Why are there not caring places one could go to have a painless death if they so choose? Why make them take up much needed hospital beds for those who wish to live?

I dont get it.
The method of suicide should not be an easy choice for someone, the fact is that someone may be dealing with a lot of bad shit right now but down the track, life may turn out great, and that was just one of those really bad patches.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:29 am
artisticsolution wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:12 amWhy is suicide illegal? Why are there not caring places one could go to have a painless death if they so choose? Why make them take up much needed hospital beds for those who wish to live?

I dont get it.
The method of suicide should not be an easy choice for someone, the fact is that someone may be dealing with a lot of bad shit right now but down the track, life may turn out great, and that was just one of those really bad patches.
It might not too, and it's really none of your business.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:50 am

I dont get it.
What exactly is none of my business? Please be very clear.
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:01 pm

It's the individual's choice. It's not really up to you to decide that they need to hang around because they might win the lottery next week.
vegetariantaxidermy

artisticsolution wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:12 am Beautiful redhead shoots herself in the head. Gets taken to the hospital.

(At another location)Beautiful bartender ducks behind bar to save herself from the bullets flying around her.

Beautiful redhead lays in a hospital bed flipping off doctors with one of the few parts of her body that still works...her middle finger.

Beautiful bartender seeks safe way out of the mayhem for her barback who has just been shot in the chest.

Beautiful redhead gets visitors who sadly wonder " if she could understand them" but took solice that she raised her left eyebrow (the only one she had left) at the mention of a loved ones name.

(Same location)Beautiful bartender walks around hospital in shock as barback is in surgery and hundreds of survivors wait for the next doctor and hospital room...just trying to stay alive.

Barback lives.

Redhead dies 2 weeks later.

Why is suicide illegal? Why are there not caring places one could go to have a painless death if they so choose? Why make them take up much needed hospital beds for those who wish to live?

I dont get it.
What do they do with suicides then? Put them on death row? Didn't you know that several States in the US have introduced voluntary euthanasia?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:05 pm

It's the individual's choice. It's not really up to you to decide that they need to hang around because they might win the lottery next week.
I agree, it's the individuals choice - but we certainly should not be accommodating such an action as a society. A person can quite easily take their own life, fuck, if I lived in the US and had easy access to a gun I might not be here now.
I do believe euthanasia should be legalised where there is a serious terminal medical condition, but to have some setup where any jo can go and top themselves - nah.
If you think the lottery - money is an answer to someone contemplating suicide your really have no idea.
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:18 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:05 pm

I agree, it's the individuals choice - but we certainly should not be accommodating such an action as a society. A person can quite easily take their own life, fuck, if I lived in the US and had easy access to a gun I might not be here now.
I do believe euthanasia should be legalised where there is a serious terminal medical condition, but to have some setup where any jo can go and top themselves - nah.
If you think the lottery - money is an answer to someone contemplating suicide your really have no idea.
It might be, if you have money woes. Lots of people kill themselves over money. What's it to you if people want to off themselves? It's actually not that easy to kill yourself. People botch it up all the time. You can end up a cabbage like _____ There are too many people anyway. We should have clinics like the one in Soylent Green. No appointment necessary. Go into a room, have your favourite music playing, and gently drift off to sleep....forever. In fact it should be free. No. Not free. They should PAY you to use the service, with the money going to the family, or charity of choice. Bodies are then composted and spread on the delightful rooftop vegetable gardens.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:53 pm We should have clinics like the one in Soylent Green. No appointment necessary. Go into a room, have your favourite music playing, and gently drift off to sleep....forever.
I've thought this too! Perhaps there should be a counseling session right before you go in, though, (and/or even a sign-up phase followed by a week-long waiting period) just to make sure the person is taking everything into consideration.

If there were such a thing, people would probably stop threatening suicide as much. Maybe life would suddenly mean more to them if they could act on their suicide threats at any time.
vegetariantaxidermy

Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:26 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:53 pm We should have clinics like the one in Soylent Green. No appointment necessary. Go into a room, have your favourite music playing, and gently drift off to sleep....forever.
I've thought this too! Perhaps there should be a counseling session right before you go in, though, (and/or even a sign-up phase followed by a week-long waiting period) just to make sure the person is taking everything into consideration.

If there were such a thing, people would probably stop threatening suicide as much. Maybe life would suddenly mean more to them if they could act on their suicide threats at any time.
Do people often threaten suicide around you? I don't think I've ever encountered it. I think it's rarely an impulsive choice. People think about it for a long time until they feel the time is right and they have the courage.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:26 pm
Really? How can someone 'take everything into consideration'? How is one to consider their unknown future?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Since suicide is the only rational choice, those who don't commit suicide and every other organism on Earth are irrational.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:45 pm Since suicide is the only rational choice, those who don't commit suicide and every other organism on Earth are irrational.
Which means you're irrational too.

From the viewpoint of evolution, suicide doesn't seem rational as it tends to hinder evolution of a species since it reduces a population (albeit in a very minor way).

PhilX 🇺🇸
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:49 pm
bobevenson wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:45 pm Since suicide is the only rational choice, those who don't commit suicide and every other organism on Earth are irrational.
Suicide doesn't seem rational as it tends to hinder evolution of a species.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Suicide is totally rational since there really isn't any point to living since you die in a very short time as though you never even existed. Chalk one up for Mother Nature's little will-to-live ploy.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:27 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:49 pm
Suicide doesn't seem rational as it tends to hinder evolution of a species.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Suicide is totally rational since there really isn't any point to living since you die in a very short time as though you never even existed. Chalk one up for Mother Nature's little will-to-live ploy.
The point to living is to enjoy life as best as you can.

Are you looking for immortality?

PhilX 🇺🇸