I hope Football dies off

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

artisticsolution

Re: I hope Football dies off

Post by artisticsolution »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:58 am
artisticsolution wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:27 pm
Impenitent wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:43 pm when football dies off, the bloodlust of American spectators will find fresher targets

-Imp
Football won't "die off" its just not trendy now, because of all the kneeling for humanity. Its trendy to hate kindness...has been for awhile.

Fast forward several years or decades it will be trendy to love one another...black, white, man woman....will have peace.

Just as soon as putin or some other jackass nukes your ass into oblivion, who's ever left will have their stupid ass eyes open....and it will be trendy to be kind.
Of course. It would have to be Putin. Not an American, even though the US is the only country that has ever 'nuked anyone's arse to oblivion' (such a cute way to put it). Do you think of yourself as 'kind' then? How so?
Well, as for why is see Putin or some other country nuking america is because I think it would be a rare thing for a country to nuke itself...duh...right? LOL On the other hand, I guess if trump was pushed in a corner, he might take everyone out with him...cause that's the kinda guy he's shown himself to be..so yeah...it might just be the US that nukes the US...wouldn't THAT be ironic.

As for being kind, I think I am as kind as the next guy...but more than kind I am fair minded. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. I can separate my self interest in order to think clearly about the facts presented. It's not always about me or my prejudices.

How about you? Do you think of yourself as kind?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

artisticsolution wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Football won't "die off" its just not trendy now, because of all the kneeling for humanity. Its trendy to hate kindness...has been for awhile.

Fast forward several years or decades it will be trendy to love one another...black, white, man woman....will have peace.

Just as soon as putin or some other jackass nukes your ass into oblivion, who's ever left will have their stupid ass eyes open....and it will be trendy to be kind.
Of course. It would have to be Putin. Not an American, even though the US is the only country that has ever 'nuked anyone's arse to oblivion' (such a cute way to put it). Do you think of yourself as 'kind' then? How so?
Well, as for why is see Putin or some other country nuking america is because I think it would be a rare thing for a country to nuke itself...duh...right? LOL On the other hand, I guess if trump was pushed in a corner, he might take everyone out with him...cause that's the kinda guy he's shown himself to be..so yeah...it might just be the US that nukes the US...wouldn't THAT be ironic.

As for being kind, I think I am as kind as the next guy...but more than kind I am fair minded. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. I can separate my self interest in order to think clearly about the facts presented. It's not always about me or my prejudices.

Why Putin anyway? Why is the US always inventing 'enemies'? Do you think there might be a reason for that? Why should Russia be your 'enemy'? Does it talk about you behind your back? Say catty and spiteful things to/about you?
I've found that the people who like to attribute all kinds of admirable qualities to themselves are generally just egotists and often deluded. It's called 'blowing one's own trumpet'. (Even countries are known to do it eg. 'land of the free', 'Greatest country on earth' etc. etc.:)) Genuine kindness is actually pretty rare, which is why we like to look for 'acceptable' ways to murder each other eg GB's murderous RAF bombers and their 'strategic bombing' of residential areas are now revered as 'heroes'. Yet if you kill one person without the blessing of your Govt. you are locked up for a very long time (or in some barbaric places killed by your Govt.)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:... eg GB's murderous RAF bombers and their 'strategic bombing' of residential areas are now revered as 'heroes'. ...
They were revered as heroes back then, now the PC wish to change that.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:16 pm
artisticsolution wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Why Putin anyway? Why is the US always inventing 'enemies'? Do you think there might be a reason for that? Why should Russia be your 'enemy'? Does it talk about you behind your back? Say catty and spiteful things to/about you?
I've found that the people who like to attribute all kinds of admirable qualities to themselves are generally just egotists and often deluded. It's called 'blowing one's own trumpet'. (Even countries are known to do it eg. 'land of the free', 'Greatest country on earth' etc. etc.:)) Genuine kindness is actually pretty rare, which is why we like to look for 'acceptable' ways to murder each other eg GB's murderous RAF bombers and their 'strategic bombing' of residential areas are now revered as 'heroes'. Yet if you kill one person without the blessing of your Govt. you are locked up for a very long time (or in some barbaric places killed by your Govt.)
I mentioned Putin because i just heard that Russia had tested a long range missle that could take out an entire country. I didnt realize that one missle could do that...seems a little far fetched but im not a 'war' expert.

But, i suppose to you, i have the blood of hiroshima on my hands.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:09 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:... eg GB's murderous RAF bombers and their 'strategic bombing' of residential areas are now revered as 'heroes'. ...
They were revered as heroes back then, now the PC wish to change that.
Something only becomes PC when it's not genuine. The PC go with whatever viewpoint is 'fashionable' at any given time. At the moment it's PC to idolise the military. Why do you think all those idiot 'Brit' celebrities wear red poppies on chat shows etc.?
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

artisticsolution wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:12 pm
But, i suppose to you, i have the blood of hiroshima on my hands.
That would depend on what your feelings about it are. Does anyone ever criticise the 'heroes' of the Manhattan Project btw?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Something only becomes PC when it's not genuine. ...
What's genuine about critical hindsight?
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:09 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Something only becomes PC when it's not genuine. ...
What's genuine about critical hindsight?
Seems like a contradiction in terms. Not sure what you mean.
vegetariantaxidermy

Impenitent wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:43 pm when football dies off, the bloodlust of American spectators will find fresher targets

-Imp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU6RG6Dk890

Not sure why the Gregorian chant is on here or why they have the stupid logo blocking the text, but there only seems to be one other video of it, and that's worse. Strange.
The US=The most amoral and hypocritical country by a mile.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Football is the only sport I can watch without being bored out of my mind.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

nothingtosay wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:33 pm Football is the only sport I can watch without being bored out of my mind.
You don't need to watch football for that.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

This video is unavailable
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:47 am
This video is unavailable
In the US? How surprising.