The Women in Harvey Weinstein's Life

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

The Women in Harvey Weinstein's Life

Post by bobevenson »

All the women in Harvey Weinstein's life are high-priced call girls. No money ever exchanged hands, but I'll get
you that role, I'll make you a star! For the rest of us, it's the same thing, but at a lower price. If you want to find
out if a girl really likes you, take her out to dinner and suggest splitting the check.
Arising_uk

Re: The Women in Harvey Weinstein's Life

Post by Arising_uk »

I think you'll probably find it's more 'Don't sleep with me and you'll never work again'.

:lol: The thought of you actually leaving your house and getting a date.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Seems to be a fashion trend, 'outing' every past 'celebrity grope'. I find it difficult to take any pleasure in seeing a person publicly destroyed.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

I'm not quite sure what it is you're going on about, but in many of the allegations it's a bit more than simple bribery.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:49 pmSeems to be a fashion trend, 'outing' every past 'celebrity grope'. I find it difficult to take any pleasure in seeing a person publicly destroyed.
I find it difficult caring about celebrities in general.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

My main problem with this sort of Hollywood 'safety in numbers' approach is that it's really all just an attempt to avoid a defamation lawsuit, while also avoiding a tedious legal process. The end result is having the media do all the justice for them, because they themselves weren't willing to actually go to court over it - or even file a police report when it happened. Overall, I think this is a very toxic approach, and it also means that Weinstein is unlikely to face any legal repercussion for what he has done. It's really just another example of how Hollywood thinks they're above the law.

Perhaps it's also predicate to a larger issue, because I think Americans in general have a problem in reporting a crime when it actually occurs, and I wouldn't be surprised if many of them didn't even know how. But I don't think the celebrities have any excuse.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:49 pm Seems to be a fashion trend, 'outing' every past 'celebrity grope'. I find it difficult to take any pleasure in seeing a person publicly destroyed.
And what's so pathetic it's always 20 years ago, but why stop there, go back to his childhood!
vegetariantaxidermy

bobevenson wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:15 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:49 pm Seems to be a fashion trend, 'outing' every past 'celebrity grope'. I find it difficult to take any pleasure in seeing a person publicly destroyed.
And what's so pathetic it's always 20 years ago, but why stop there, go back to his childhood!
They do. With Rolf Harris it was even more pathetic. He was obviously one of those annoying men who go around 'cuddling' women. Yes he's a sleaze, but I'm buggered if I would publicly destroy someone and his family over some sleazy act in my distant past that I'd forgotten about--that's how much it 'traumatised' me. It always reminds me of the Salem witch hysteria 'for some reason'.
It was a different era anyway, when men got away with groping women all the time. And judging by all the giggling that went on at my workplace it seemed the gropees didn't mind all that much either. These men are being judged by today's rigid and oppressive standards.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:They do. With Rolf Harris it was even more pathetic. He was obviously one of those annoying men who go around 'cuddling' women. ...
Yeah! 13, 14 and 15 year-old 'women'.
... These men are being judged by today's rigid and oppressive standards.
No, he would have judged as a nonce back then but back then no-one in power would believe such allegations or if they did they knew they'd not get a charge through.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:57 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:They do. With Rolf Harris it was even more pathetic. He was obviously one of those annoying men who go around 'cuddling' women. ...
... These men are being judged by today's rigid and oppressive standards.
No, he would have judged as a nonce back then but back then no-one in power would believe such allegations or if they did they knew they'd not get a charge through.
Still not worth destroying a man and his family. Plus there was no crime, as much as the 'Daily Mail' would love everyone to believe there was. The English are weird with their witch hunts and 'beloved celebrities'. I mean Jimmy Saville? He had creepy perv written all over him, but that's hardly Rolf Harris' fault. After Ken was found not guilty a scapegoat was needed. I wonder if it's a coincidence that it was an Australian scapegoat?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Let's see, when do females start having their periods? Isn't that when Mother Nature declares them to be women?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Let's see, when do females start having their periods? Isn't that when Mother Nature declares them to be women?
It's against the law to have sex with a female under the age of sixteen in my country, it's also against the law to sexually harass them, but not surprised you agree with the fundamentalists bob but then you've never had a women eh! And I doubt you've got any sisters
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please, I was reacting to your sarcastic remark about when a female becomes a woman. Sorry, but nature trumps law.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Please, I was reacting to your sarcastic remark about when a female becomes a woman. Sorry, but nature trumps law.
So you'd have sex witha ten year-old would you bob? Not surprised how low you can go. I'd also not test that out in your Interweeb surfing if I was you nor in any sexual relationships(a highly unlikely event I'd admit). The term "woman" is a gender based one and as such the law trumps nature bobby.
vegetariantaxidermy

bobevenson wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:49 pm
Let's see, when do females start having their periods? Isn't that when Mother Nature declares them to be women?
Periods have nothing to do with emotional maturity. Girls are also having periods younger and younger due to the junk food and obesity epidemic, so I suppose the average age in the US must be about three or four by now.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:44 pm
bobevensoghn wrote:Please, I was reacting to your sarcastic remark about when a female becomes a woman. Sorry, but nature trumps law.
So you'd have sex witha ten year-old would you bob? (Please, don't degrade a logical argument by ascribing something in it to the person making the argument.) The law trumps nature bobby.(Man-made law never trumps God-made nature.)