Trump's verbal diarrhoea

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Trump's verbal diarrhoea

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Love him or hate him you've got to laugh.

Puerto Rico today.
Apparently Puerto Rice is an island.
Not only that but Puerto Rice is an island surrounded by sea.
Lots of sea, Big Sea.
Hobbes' Choice

Re: Trump's verbal diarrhoea

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Last week

Apparently Nambia has pulled out of the Covfefe agreement.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

To be fair, it was a 10 second clip taken out of a 45 minute press hearing.

I mean, I don't disagree that he's clearly no proper orator like Obama, but much of the media thinks they can get away with clustering the statements that are actually true, with the genuinely stupid ones in order to charge their political messages. It's like when he said 'both sides' were involved in Charlottesville - even though it was 100% true that ANTIFA was responsible for much of the damage in the city - everyone will cluster a statement like that into a genuinely stupid thing to say, like saying that "Global warming is a Chinese hoax", which leads someone like me to come out and defend the guy, even though I don't completely disagree with them.

I think many of the people who are pegging him to stop saying stupid things, need to stop making stupid observations. I don't mean you in particular, to be clear.
Last edited by Sir-Sister-of-Suck on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

I thought the bad thing he said about Charlottesville was that there were fine people on both sides ... even though one of the sides was a baying crowd of nazis? Sure there are naughty people in the antifa movement, but there probably are no very good people in the nazi movement.

Nobody made him say the Mexican rapist thing, or the pussy grabbing thing, or do that bit where he mocked the journalist's disability. Nobody forced him to speak of blood pouring from her you know what, or to pretend that his inauguration crowd was the biggest ever, or to claim that NFL tv ratings are down because everyone is watching him instead.

It's not our fault that he spouts embarrassingly stupid shit every single day. But it is a shame that that sideshow got him all the way to the presidency without ever having to answer a single useful question about the policies he was going to implement.
Greta

Post by Greta »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:28 amIt's not our fault that he spouts embarrassingly stupid shit every single day. But it is a shame that that sideshow got him all the way to the presidency without ever having to answer a single useful question about the policies he was going to implement.
How true. They let him distract them every time. Mind you, he's very good at distractions - it's his main modus operandi.

I think the compilation clip of Trump's claim that "no one does it better" was astonishing - astonishing that he could lie so often and so brazenly and still garner so much support, and that's even discounting that he is incompetent enough to be a multiple bankrupt with all of his advantages in life.

Truth appears to be dead, in that there is no longer any agreement about just about anything, with science now openly derided by the clueless, with expertise in some US subclasses completely ignored.
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

Greta wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:39 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:28 amIt's not our fault that he spouts embarrassingly stupid shit every single day. But it is a shame that that sideshow got him all the way to the presidency without ever having to answer a single useful question about the policies he was going to implement.
How true. They let him distract them every time. Mind you, he's very good at distractions - it's his main modus operandi.

I think the compilation clip of Trump's claim that "no one does it better" was astonishing - astonishing that he could lie so often and so brazenly and still garner so much support, and that's even discounting that he is incompetent enough to be a multiple bankrupt with all of his advantages in life.

Truth appears to be dead, in that there is no longer any agreement about just about anything, with science now openly derided by the clueless and expertise now treated as less valuable than aggression.
I long for my favorite president, "Silent Cal"
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

You can't really blame him for being a product of the American idiocracy movement that has been gaining momentum for decades. You have to wonder where it will end. When the whole country becomes one huge amoeba blob? Hmm. AmOeba according to Wiki. I wonder how that particular word escaped American bastardising and idiocratising.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:28 am I thought the bad thing he said about Charlottesville was that there were fine people on both sides ... even though one of the sides was a baying crowd of nazis? Sure there are naughty people in the antifa movement, but there probably are no very good people in the nazi movement.
Some people were mad at him exclusively for blaming both sides, and others that he said there were 'fine people on both sides'. I still don't see anything wrong with saying that. There were plenty of 'true' conservatives simply objecting to the removal of the Robert E Lee statue out of principle, and many of them even denounced the 'neo-nazi's' from the particular 'unite the right' rally prior to the event happening. People like Baked Alaska, who I'm certainly no fan of, but certainly wasn't any nazi sympathizer.

Maybe you think that these 'neo-nazis' composed such a majority, it makes the other people who were there negligible, but you need to judge Trump's statement within its intent, because people made it out to be like he was specifically defending the white nationalists who were there, which is definitely not the case. He just believes that there were strong conservatives there simply protesting the statue removal, with none of the racism attached, and I actually agree with him that there were.
It's not our fault that he spouts embarrassingly stupid shit every single day. But it is a shame that that sideshow got him all the way to the presidency without ever having to answer a single useful question about the policies he was going to implement.
I think you're missing my point.
I'm not saying he doesn't say outlandish things, because he absolutely does, and he should be called out for them. But it's when you try to paint almost everything he says as 'outlandish', like when he was attacked for his statement on the O'Reilly interview: "(in relation to Russia) You think the US is so innocent?" There is absolutely nothing wrong with that statement, because America's history is certainly not one of innocence. No one who's not a hard-right wing political hack would try to say that it is. It's in fact a sentiment that has actually been mimicked from past presidents, with none of the following backlash Trump received.

When people try to group the truly absurd things Trump has said, in with the more questionable things it encourages his own audience to write off everything you're saying. It also divides, and drives away those with a more nuanced opinion like me. There's this fear that Trump has mostly just become the subject of ideologues, rather than people who object to him sheerly out of individual principle.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

nbc, cbs, abc, cnn, msnbc, AND hillary herself combined couldn't beat him

must have been the russians.

-Imp
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

If there was ever a Trump Roast, with all the material already available, it would take a day and a half.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:50 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:28 am I thought the bad thing he said about Charlottesville was that there were fine people on both sides ... even though one of the sides was a baying crowd of nazis? Sure there are naughty people in the antifa movement, but there probably are no very good people in the nazi movement.
Some people were mad at him exclusively for blaming both sides, and others that he said there were 'fine people on both sides'. I still don't see anything wrong with saying that. There were plenty of 'true' conservatives simply objecting to the removal of the Robert E Lee statue out of principle, and many of them even denounced the 'neo-nazi's' from the particular 'unite the right' rally prior to the event happening. People like Baked Alaska, who I'm certainly no fan of, but certainly wasn't any nazi sympathizer.

Maybe you think that these 'neo-nazis' composed such a majority, it makes the other people who were there negligible, but you need to judge Trump's statement within its intent, because people made it out to be like he was specifically defending the white nationalists who were there, which is definitely not the case. He just believes that there were strong conservatives there simply protesting the statue removal, with none of the racism attached, and I actually agree with him that there were.
I think you're missing my point.
I'm not saying he doesn't say outlandish things, because he absolutely does, and he should be called out for them. But it's when you try to paint almost everything he says as 'outlandish', like when he was attacked for his statement on the O'Reilly interview: "(in relation to Russia) You think the US is so innocent?" There is absolutely nothing wrong with that statement, because America's history is certainly not one of innocence. No one who's not a hard-right wing political hack would try to say that it is. It's in fact a sentiment that has actually been mimicked from past presidents, with none of the following backlash Trump received.

When people try to group the truly absurd things Trump has said, in with the more questionable things it encourages his own audience to write off everything you're saying. It also divides, and drives away those with a more nuanced opinion like me. There's this fear that Trump has mostly just become the subject of ideologues, rather than people who object to him sheerly out of individual principle.
I like him a lot more than I did Bush 2 (who I loathed, so even depising someone is akin to 'liking' them). Anyone who is genuinely anti-war preferred Trump to Hillary. At least there was some hope that he wouldn't annihilate us all. He was an unknown quantity. The wild card. He's a bit of a disappoinment though. He doesn't seem to know what he stands for, and hasn't found his Presidential identity yet. He doesn't really understand politics, only rhetoric that appeals to the mob. I wonder who's pulling his strings on the NK paranoia stir-up. Shame he turned out to be a weak character, for all the bluster.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

To be clear, I'm not a trump supporter by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't vote for him, in fact I've called him out continuously on this forum. I think he's generally an idiot.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:08 am To be clear, I'm not a trump supporter by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't vote for him, in fact I've called him out continuously on this forum. I think he's generally an idiot.
Who cares? I'm sick of hearing about your shit-hole of a country anyway.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:34 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:08 am To be clear, I'm not a trump supporter by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't vote for him, in fact I've called him out continuously on this forum. I think he's generally an idiot.
Who cares? I'm sick of hearing about your shit-hole of a country anyway.
Then change the channel. Nobody likes your shithole portion of Australia either.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:27 am You can't really blame him for being a product of the American idiocracy movement that has been gaining momentum for decades. You have to wonder where it will end. When the whole country becomes one huge amoeba blob? Hmm. AmOeba according to Wiki. I wonder how that particular word escaped American bastardising and idiocratising.
With all the spelling mistakes you make (not just mere typos), it's a wonder why you're so concerned about Americanism since it's not doing you any good.

PhilX 🇺🇸