Yikes looks like we're all going to get fried alive.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Yikes looks like we're all going to get fried alive.

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:17 pm ...we have the strongest military - although, it's not as strong relative to the money we put into it - it doesn't mean we're the best in every single regard.

Which is why you are always being beaten by 'simple' villagers with primitive weapons.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Which is why you are always being beaten by 'simple' villagers with primitive weapons.
Where has the US been beaten like this?
vegetariantaxidermy

I will leave you to ponder it, but those spoilt, McDonald's stuffed morons they call their military are too thick to understand guerilla warfare.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:34 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:17 pm ...we have the strongest military - although, it's not as strong relative to the money we put into it - it doesn't mean we're the best in every single regard.

Which is why you are always being beaten by 'simple' villagers with primitive weapons.
Just an uninformed opinion.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:56 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Which is why you are always being beaten by 'simple' villagers with primitive weapons.
Where has the US been beaten like this?
Vietnam?
The Vietnamese could do more with a bicycle than the US could do with a Chopper.
Afghanistan has not turned out too well either.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Vietnam?
The Vietnamese could do more with a bicycle than the US could do with a Chopper. ...
I hardly think rifles, submachine guns, RPGs, mortars, grenades, anti-air missles, mines, etc were primitive?
That was the 'peace', they could flatten the country back to the stone age if they wished.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:42 pm Humans are so depressingly easy to manipulate. Just look at how easily the US has whipped up world paranoia over North Korea, its next victim of choice.
I so agree with this! There always has to be a new enemy somewhere in the world. They thrive off of stirring a frenzy in themselves and others.

Shut the fuck up and be nice until you are attacked...anything else is bullying.

If I was a dick to a neighbor I would expect to have my house egged. The chances of getting my house egged by the neighbor is slim to none if I am kind and or mind my own business.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:58 pm
The Vietnamese could do more with a bicycle than the US could do with a Chopper. ...
I hardly think rifles, submachine guns, RPGs, mortars, grenades, anti-air missles, mines, etc were primitive?
That was the 'peace', they could flatten the country back to the stone age if they wished.
Vietnam's weaponry was a generation behind the US. They had fewer arms, and some classes of weapons such as aircraft were completely absent from their armouries. Most Vietnamese soldiers did not even have boots or helmets.
The US failed in Afghanistan. If, as you say they could flatten it to the stones age then why not?
My case is basically made.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:58 pm
It was the way in which they used what they had, and vastly superior tactical skills. All the bastard yanks could think of was to destroy the exquisitely pristine environment and administer LSD to the soldiers.
They've been trying to all but 'flatten' Afghanistan for nearly two decades and still the Taliban prevails. Or do you think it should be 'nuked'? Can't do that--it would destroy the poppy trade--their reason for being there. And useless fucks like your Harry would have had nothing to do for all those years.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Vietnam's weaponry was a generation behind the US. ...
AK47's are timeless, carbines are timeless, RPG's were not behind times, neither were anti-air missiles.
They had fewer arms, and some classes of weapons such as aircraft were completely absent from their armouries. ...
Not heard of their MiGs then?
Most Vietnamese soldiers did not even have boots or helmets.
I think you're confusing the VC with the NVA.

I'm not downplaying their achievement but America was also constrained by not wanting to bring the Chinese or the Soviets actively into the equation, hence they didn't put their full force to bear in the North but the Vietnamese would not have won without China or Russia.
The US failed in Afghanistan. If, as you say they could flatten it to the stones age then why not?
Because their main aim was getting Bin Laden. The Taliban were completely ineffective whilst the US was there, hence they aren't running the country but no doubt they'll be back in charge when the US goes.
My case is basically made.
Not quite but then I'm only putting the point that people appear to underestimate what the US military is actually capable of if they were allowed to just wage a war to win no holds barred. It might irk many but comparatively the US military acts with restraints or at least under some restraint.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:It was the way in which they used what they had, and vastly superior tactical skills. All the bastard yanks could think of was to destroy the exquisitely pristine environment and administer LSD to the soldiers. ...
Touch more complicated than that I think.
They've been trying to all but 'flatten' Afghanistan for nearly two decades and still the Taliban prevails. Or do you think it should be 'nuked'? Can't do that--it would destroy the poppy trade--their reason for being there. And useless fucks like your Harry would have had nothing to do for all those years.
You think they'd have been there without 11/9?

The Taliban were deposed and still will be whilst the US is there, once they are gone they'll probably be back but thats more a consequence of the US not wishing or unable to be an imperial power.

If you're looking for conspiracy reasons the poppy-trade will not be one of them as they get their Heroin from S.America. Try the oil pipeline they wanted built.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:18 amSeen the latest stuff on how they used wastebook and twatter?
Not so much, no. Maybe I'm missing something from the newest devolopement, but what I do think of the "Russian troll" fiasco in general is that there's no real proof for it. However, I think a country known for publishing propaganda, continuing to do just that is very far away from a direct attack on another nation. I realize they're a foreign agency, but domestic places like Infowars or buzzfeed can spew their own obviously untrue and biased hit pieces, and no one bats an eye. I'm not trying to draw an exact similarity, because obviously there isn't one, but people tend to make a bigger deal about certain bits of information if it fits into their preconceived notion about something, without considering how it looks to other individuals. I think it's an attempt to project a 'smoking gun' where there just isn't one, based on a prior conception. The idea that Putin's associates hired a few thousand trolls to go on certain internet forums and make argument for trump or against Clinton, whether true or not, is honestly a pretty ludicrous idea. It's less of an actual problem, and more of a minor distraction. If Putin really did do this, maybe his intention was derived exactly from this advanced form of reasoning - to de-legitimize the media outlets which would inevitable cover this.
I think them pissing about big-style with wastebook and twatter and trying and seemingly succeeding in a small way to cause division and strife amongst the American people a fairly serious touch of espionage myself.
If your definition of 'espionage' is getting on an online forum to troll people and post dank memes. The humorous thing is that media outlets seem to have caused more division by covering it in the way that they have chosen to. I know far more people who have strayed away from places like the Daily Mail and CNN because they can't stand hearing about the Russian conspiracy 24/7. So I think that particular blame is in the wrong place.
Last edited by Sir-Sister-of-Suck on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:30 pm AK47's are timeless, carbines are timeless, RPG's were not behind times, neither were anti-air missiles.
They had fewer arms, and some classes of weapons such as aircraft were completely absent from their armouries. ...
Not heard of their MiGs then?
North Vietnam had no weapons manufacturing. They were basically peasants, with a couple of hours training using weapons they were able to get from Russia and China. Vietnam's most effective weapon was the bicycle with which their equipment was moved.
Many went into battle with limited supplies. At the start of the conflict they had WW1 equipment.
As time went on they did have some more equipment but I think your view is somewhat exaggerated.
I've heard of MiGs, but who are you kidding. The US had the air covered and flew without contest.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:42 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:It was the way in which they used what they had, and vastly superior tactical skills. All the bastard yanks could think of was to destroy the exquisitely pristine environment and administer LSD to the soldiers. ...
Touch more complicated than that I think.
You think they'd have been there without 11/9?

The Taliban were deposed and still will be whilst the US is there, once they are gone they'll probably be back but thats more a consequence of the US not wishing or unable to be an imperial power.

If you're looking for conspiracy reasons the poppy-trade will not be one of them as they get their Heroin from S.America. Try the oil pipeline they wanted built.
It's hardly a 'conspiracy' idiot. Afghanistan is the world's no. one supplier. It's not exactly a secret that the US is there to protect the poppy fields.
Why the hell do you think they are there? To rid Afghanistan of the Taliban? BWHAAA!! Why should they give a fuck about that? Funny way to 'protect' people--send drones to blow them to pieces and wreck their country.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:...
It's hardly a 'conspiracy' idiot. Afghanistan is the world's no. one supplier. It's not exactly a secret that the US is there to protect the poppy fields. ...
Why would they do that when they get most of their stuff from Mexico and S. America?
Why the hell do you think they are there? ...
They went to kill Bin Laden in the Tora Bora caves.
To rid Afghanistan of the Taliban? BWHAAA!! Why should they give a fuck about that? Funny way to 'protect' people--send drones to blow them to pieces and wreck their country.
Who said they went there for that?

If you really want your conspiracy take a look at the pipeline that was going to be built.