President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson
Posts: 7341
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by bobevenson » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:46 am
I think it's so weird that you're openly against the 'pledge of allegiance', and assumable, standing for the anthem - but within the same thread you (quite passionately) think the NFL should sternly reinforce the admittedly arbitrary rule dictating that they need to stand for the flag. I can see why you'd want a company to reinforce its rules, but I don't see how you'd want a company to reinforce a rule you don't even care about. It seems like you're in a deep, and strangely pragmatic battle with your own mind.
I don't give a rat's ass what the fuck players do, on or off the field. What I am saying is that if the owner of a team feels a player is harming profitability in some way, he has the absolute right to immediately shit-can that player and prevent other teams from signing him up.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4556
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:26 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:14 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:46 am
I think it's so weird that you're openly against the 'pledge of allegiance', and assumable, standing for the anthem - but within the same thread you (quite passionately) think the NFL should sternly reinforce the admittedly arbitrary rule dictating that they need to stand for the flag. I can see why you'd want a company to reinforce its rules, but I don't see how you'd want a company to reinforce a rule you don't even care about. It seems like you're in a deep, and strangely pragmatic battle with your own mind.
I don't give a rat's ass what the fuck players do, on or off the field. What I am saying is that if the owner of a team feels a player is harming profitability in some way, he has the absolute right to immediately shit-can that player and prevent other teams from signing him up.
I question that the owner has the absolute right to keep other teams from signing up that player under league rules. I also question if that player can be blacklisted.

Since "President Trump" is part of this thread's title, this implies that he is acting like a boss (although he doesn't pay the player's salary) and is only stirring up controversy while seeking to make political points. Furthermore Trump is overstepping his bounds in trying to limit others freedom of speech (while keeping his trap shut on violent right-wingers).

PhilX 🇺🇸

Walker
Posts: 4098
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by Walker » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:48 pm

Rules? We don’t need no stinking rules!...
… until revenue begins to drop.

The Rule

“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”


Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 5835aab89d

Walker
Posts: 4098
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by Walker » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:43 pm

Nick_A wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:01 am
Do you remember how Tim Tebow used to get down on one knee as a moment of prayer? Can you imagine if the religious players after introductions would all get down on one knee for Jesus? You would never hear the end of it. All that free speech nonsense would be gone and the cry of "who do these players think they are" would resonate through corrupt mainstream media.

Now how do I talk Tim Tebow into starting a movement?
Tebow’s kneeling was a yes.
Protest kneeling is a no.
Night and day.

Folks who said no to yes now say yes to no.

bobevenson
Posts: 7341
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by bobevenson » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:26 pm
bobevenson wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:14 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:46 am
I think it's so weird that you're openly against the 'pledge of allegiance', and assumable, standing for the anthem - but within the same thread you (quite passionately) think the NFL should sternly reinforce the admittedly arbitrary rule dictating that they need to stand for the flag. I can see why you'd want a company to reinforce its rules, but I don't see how you'd want a company to reinforce a rule you don't even care about. It seems like you're in a deep, and strangely pragmatic battle with your own mind.
I don't give a rat's ass what the fuck players do, on or off the field. What I am saying is that if the owner of a team feels a player is harming profitability in some way, he has the absolute right to immediately shit-can that player and prevent other teams from signing him up.
I question that the owner has the absolute right to keep other teams from signing up that player under league rules. I also question if that player can be blacklisted.

Since "President Trump" is part of this thread's title, this implies that he is acting like a boss (although he doesn't pay the player's salary) and is only stirring up controversy while seeking to make political points. Furthermore Trump is overstepping his bounds in trying to limit others freedom of speech (while keeping his trap shut on violent right-wingers).

PhilX 🇺🇸
An owner could sue the NFL and the other teams if another team picked up a player fired for cause. However, no team has picked up the player who originally started the controversy and was fired.

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:27 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:05 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:36 am
Maybe you don't care that the sitting US president is making passing comments that dabbles in censorship.
Please, expressing an opinion is not dabbling in censorship.
If it was simply that, I wouldn't have as much a problem with it. His opinion, is about censorship though, he's called for these players to be fired. Which is putting an action onto expressions, and why I say it goes against the 'spirit' of free speech.
bobevenson wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:14 pm
what the fuck players do, on or off the field. What I am saying is that if the owner of a team feels a player is harming profitability in some way, he has the absolute right to immediately shit-can that player and prevent other teams from signing him up.
You seem to be saying that he (the owner) should shit-can that player. I also don't know that the kneeling debacle has really affected all that much viewership. I'm more inclined to think that the TBI controversy has more to do with the falling numbers we've seen.

bobevenson
Posts: 7341
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by bobevenson » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:16 pm

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:27 pm
bobevenson wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:05 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:36 am
Maybe you don't care that the sitting US president is making passing comments that dabbles in censorship.
Please, expressing an opinion is not dabbling in censorship.
If it was simply that, I wouldn't have as much a problem with it. His opinion, is about censorship though, he's called for these players to be fired. Which is putting an action onto expressions, and why I say it goes against the 'spirit' of free speech.
Are you suggesting the president doesn't have freedom of speech?

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:06 am

bobevenson wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:16 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:27 pm
bobevenson wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:05 pm

Please, expressing an opinion is not dabbling in censorship.
If it was simply that, I wouldn't have as much a problem with it. His opinion, is about censorship though, he's called for these players to be fired. Which is putting an action onto expressions, and why I say it goes against the 'spirit' of free speech.
Are you suggesting the president doesn't have freedom of speech?
No, the sort of paradox to 'freedom of speech' is that we allow even those with the sentiments that would do free speech harm, to have it. The problem comes when that speech is indicative of an actual action, and when that harmful action gets enacted. It's a matter of what he 'shouldn't' say or believe, and he shouldn't be allowed to enact this, but I'm not implying that he should be executed or imprisoned for simply saying what he has, as you apparently thought I meant.

bobevenson
Posts: 7341
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by bobevenson » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:36 pm

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:06 am
bobevenson wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:16 pm
Are you suggesting the president doesn't have freedom of speech?
I'm not implying that he should be executed or imprisoned for simply saying what he has, as you apparently thought I meant.
I'm not implying the players should be executed or imprisoned either.

davidm
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by davidm » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:01 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:59 pm
An owner could sue the NFL and the other teams if another team picked up a player fired for cause.
I know a good lawyer. Want me to run this drivel by him? :lol:

First, you can't fire a player without paying off his contract. Understand, dummy?

Second, failing to stand for the fascist "national anthem" is not a cause to be fired for. Does anyone know the buried lyrics to that moronic song that praise slavery? Probably not; they've been conveniently buried.

I used to to think your posts were vaguely amusing. Now I understand that you are an ignorant fascist ass. 8)

davidm
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by davidm » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:08 pm

I wonder if this dummy understands that there is no law that requires anyone to stand for America's moronic and racist national anthem? Nor could there be such a law; it would immediately be ruled unconstitutional.

Well, maybe not by the Supreme Court, after Herr Drump finishes fashioning it, after being voted into office by a bunch of ignorant rubes like Bob.

davidm
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by davidm » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:28 pm

Oh look at this pleasant little racist lyric to the moronic "star-spangled banner" that has so been conveniently airbrushed out of history:

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

It was a lyric attacking freed slaves for fighting for the British empire against their slave masters (that would be Americans).

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:41 pm

bobevenson wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:36 pm
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:06 am
bobevenson wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:16 pm
Are you suggesting the president doesn't have freedom of speech?
I'm not implying that he should be executed or imprisoned for simply saying what he has, as you apparently thought I meant.
I'm not implying the players should be executed or imprisoned either.
I'm not implying that you did

bobevenson
Posts: 7341
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by bobevenson » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:02 pm

davidm wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:01 pm
bobevenson wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:59 pm
An owner could sue the NFL and the other teams if another team picked up a player fired for cause.
First, you can't fire a player without paying off his contract. Understand, dummy?
Please, you know nothing about the law. Do you seriously think a player can take a dump on the field, publically call his boss a son-of-a bitch and still get paid? Go back to dum-dum school for a refresher course!

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: President Trump's Comments About On-Field Political Protests by NFL Players

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:09 am

What the hell is with these bombastic, playground-level insults I always see getting thrown around by the people on this site? I've seen at least 4 different people use 'dum-dum' as a legitimate comeback, like they think they're pulling out the big guns. In reality, it's just about a notch above calling someone a 'big poopy head'.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests