Blobby Blobby Blobby !!!

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Blobby Blobby Blobby !!!

Post by Dontaskme »

Ego is like a picture in a newspaper.

Viewed up close its just a pattern of blobs.

Dontaskme

Re: Blobby Blobby Blobby !!!

Post by Dontaskme »

Viewed from afar.

commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:06 pmEgo is like a picture in a newspaper. Viewed up close its just a pattern of blobs.
I'll bite (see next post).
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:51 pmViewed from afar.
I see that either you have employed an ingenious way of expression, or you have too much time on your hands. :lol: :lol:

Supposing the former, what is the message?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

the secret to life is a dancing spud...

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

commonsense wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:37 pm
what is the message?
As Walker would say, we've all got the same box of crayons with which we write our own messages. :lol: :wink: We are a blank canvas on which we paint our dreams.

For me personally, when ever I hear music, my body just wants to start wiggling and jiggling up and down, suppressing the urge to wiggle is really hard to resist. Sometimes I have to forcefully stop that urge because people just judge you don't they...you know, there's this weird self-conscious phenomena in them that seems to want to shy away and reject all the real crazy fun stuff in life.

commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:06 am
commonsense wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:37 pm
what is the message?
As Walker would say, we've all got the same box of crayons with which we write our own messages. :lol: :wink: We are a blank canvas on which we paint our dreams.

For me personally, whenever I hear music, my body just wants to start wiggling and jiggling up and down, suppressing the urge to wiggle is really hard to resist. Sometimes I have to forcefully stop that urge because people just judge you don't they...you know, there's this weird self-conscious phenomena in them that seems to want to shy away and reject all the real crazy fun stuff in life.
I take it, then, that the images above are the crayons you've selected from your box and the dream you are painting on the canvas is that you want to be free to act without the impediment imposed via self-censorship which, in turn, has been imposed due to an awareness of how others might judge you. I should also note that I consider wiggling and jiggling to be an example of a happy dance, not of a convulsive disorder.

This leaves a lot of room to discuss what kinds of behavior an individual would want to perform, but suppresses in order to conform to societal norms. I can only speak for myself, however if there are a statistically significant number of responders to this thread, one of them, or you or I may be able to describe a commonality among those responders. There is also room to explore pain and pleasure as motivational factors in choosing whether to suppress an urge or not. As well, we could examine why embarrassment exists, or the value of a serious life, or why a universal box of crayons can produce such diversity of pictures as we can assume there may be.

It is important to remember that these are happy dances that are under discussion. Thus, refraining from picking my nose (in public, anyway) would not qualify unless the behavior would make me happy. So, as for me, I would say I quite often suppress the urge to express my opinions (current rant aside). I believe that most people would rather give you their opinion than listen to you giving yours. Their own narratives are what peak the interests of some people. Their responses to anyone else’s story tend to be autobiographical (e.g., in response to a narrative about nose-picking, “Oh yeah, I once got an award for nose-picking, back when I was…”). If someone were interested in my narratives, they would ask me to tell them about my experience, say, with nose-picking. I value my opinions and narratives highly and am not given to have a low self-esteem. However, sometimes I forget that without being asked to speak, I am probably wasting the listener’s time, as well as my own. It’s my selfish desire to excite others with my boring, objectively anyway, tales that I must suppress.

Care to be more specific about the wiggly, jiggly things you must suppress?

And why did you choose "Blobby Blobby Blobby !!!" as a means to attract responders to your thread?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

commonsense wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:26 pm
Care to be more specific about the wiggly, jiggly things you must suppress?
The Suppression of any action is the cause of an artificially imposed self-consciousness suggesting there is a someone there who owns the feeling, and that someone is responsible for hiding unwanted unaccepted emotions that are in actual fact unforced, and naturally and spontaneously self-arising through no fault of anyone whatsoever. It's the beginning of a self-consciousness that lives in shame and fear of what other people might think. The shame is too great and must be eliminated by suppressing it.
commonsense wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:26 pmAnd why did you choose "Blobby Blobby Blobby !!!" as a means to attract responders to your thread?
Blobby is a fictional character in the Noel Edmonds TV show NOELS HOUSEPARTY ..A FICTIONAL character represents the ego.

The ego is always a representation of what is actually a naturally spontaneous occurring presentation.