Suicide by Cop by Troubled Activist

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

tbieter

Suicide by Cop by Troubled Activist

Post by tbieter »

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/26790 ... greenfield
This guy was really troubled. What could be the causes? Political activism? Sexual dysfunction? Science studies?
FlashDangerpants

Re: Suicide by Cop by Troubled Activist

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Another enlightening outbreak of those who pretend to be good Christians publicly revelling in other people's misery?
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:16 pm Another enlightening outbreak of those who pretend to be good Christians publicly revelling in other people's misery?
Why not discuss causation relative to this event? See http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olice.html
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

You proposed that studying science causes suicide, you aren't discussing causation in any plausible way, you're just being a fatuous wanker to celebrate the death of child whose sexuality you don't like.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

What's a 'campus cop' when they are at home?

And how the hell are they just allowed to shoot someone who poses no real threat, surely they also have tasers or pepper-spray? Your country is insane.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

You have to get pretty close to someone with either a stun gun or a taser, which is why cops ideally use when the perpetrator is fleeing, and not to disarm them of a weapon. In fact, I don't believe they're ever used to disarm someone of a weapon. Regardless, I think it's pretty clear to most conscionable people that this situation could have been handled in a better way, especially as it turns out that his pocket knife was still folded, and his openly-stated intention of wanting to die.

As for what drove him to suicide, I think it's hard to say, and harder to see what it is you're trying to say. I don't doubt that him being trans played a part in those suicidal tendencies, but what's your solution?

I mean, I don't agree at all with this modern-progressive concept of "non-binary" gender identities, or trans people outside of male-female or female-male, but to shift the blame in order to propagate your own political message, because it can vaguely be lead off into another discussion, frankly comes across as a bit hacky to me.
Last edited by Sir-Sister-of-Suck on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greta

Post by Greta »

It's clear that the kid was killed by homophobia. I have to admit that 20 years ago I thought homophobia would be a thing of the past by now. However, there has been a resurgence of homophobia on the wave of resurgent evangelist and fundamentalist religion. This dead kid is collateral damage in the political battle centred around current challenges to separation between church and state.

It would obviously be tragic for his friends and family, especially the unfairness, with this seemingly harmless and gormless young person dying in misery while those responsible for the homophobia that ultimately killed him carry on, oblivious to (or uncaring of) the tragedies they contributed towards.

It's been illustrative and disappointing to see societal regression occurring in my lifetime; it's very easy to presume a steady pressing onwards and upwards (even if nothing in nature ever works that way)
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

This doesn't have anything to do with homosexuality, but okay.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:37 amThis doesn't have anything to do with homosexuality, but okay.
Homophobia hurts both gays and transgenders, not to mention their families, partners, friends and associates.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:23 am You have to get pretty close to someone with either a stun gun or a taser, which is why cops ideally use when the perpetrator is fleeing, and not to disarm them of a weapon. ...
Er!? I'd have thought this would mean they were getting further away. Police tasers work up to 30 feet more than enough to tackle someone standing still with a knife.
In fact, I don't believe they're ever used to disarm someone of a weapon. Regardless, I think it's pretty clear to most conscionable people that this situation could have been handled in a better way, especially as it turns out that his pocket knife was still folded, ...
You have got to be joking!! Your country's police-force are out-of-control.
and his openly-stated intention of wanting to die. ...
So police procedure is to assist suicides over there, handy for the terminally ill then.
As for what drove him to suicide, I think it's hard to say, and harder to see what it is you're trying to say. I don't doubt that him being trans played a part in those suicidal tendencies, but what's your solution?

I mean, I don't agree at all with this modern-progressive concept of "non-binary" gender identities, or trans people outside of male-female or female-male, but to shift the blame in order to propagate your own political message, because it can vaguely be lead off into another discussion, frankly comes across as a bit hacky to me. ...
According to the young I talk to the idea is to do away with the idea of engendered roles altogether, they think this fracturing of identities is just a stage in the process although I disagree with them about this as I think it a retrograde step which will be hard to change.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:39 am According to the young I talk to the idea is to do away with the idea of engendered roles altogether, they think this fracturing of identities is just a stage in the process although I disagree with them about this as I think it a retrograde step which will be hard to change.
Do you mean 'gender' roles? Whatever a gender role is. If they are so obsessed with doing away with the idea of gender then there will be no such thing as so-called 'trans-genders'. Frankly I think it's rather insulting that men think all it takes to be a woman is high heels, a long wig and a tight dress. Most women don't even dress that way.
The PC would like humanity to be a genderless, colourless, homogenised milk of a species. Oh, I suppose species will be next on the hit list. Ok, just bunches of nondescript cells then. 'The police are looking for a fairly large bunch of cells in connection with the abduction of a smaller bunch of cells from its home on Sunday'.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Those cops must have been terrified for their lives. I mean a depressed bunch of cells weilding a closed pocket knife (generally blunt as fuck). You can't even flick them open. By the time he opened it they could have had him back at the station house.
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop
"Suicide by cop" is a recognized pattern of behavior, as the above Wiki article discusses.

Why haven't any of you discussed this alleged cause and the implications therefrom?

From the above Wiki article:

"The idea of committing suicide in this manner is based on trained procedures of law enforcement officers, specifically the policy on the use of deadly force. In jurisdictions where officials are readily capable of deadly force (often by being equipped with firearms), there are usually set circumstances where they will predictably use deadly force against a threat to themselves or others. This form of suicide functions by exploiting this trained reaction. The most common scenario is pointing a firearm at a police officer or an innocent person, which would reasonably provoke an officer to fire on them in defense. However, many variants exist; for example, attacking with a knife or other hand weapon, trying to run an officer or other person over with a car, or trying to trigger a (real or presumed) explosive device.
This entire concept hinges on the person's state of mind, and their desire to end their own life" (Emphasis added)
vegetariantaxidermy

tbieter wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:57 pm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop
"Suicide by cop" is a recognized pattern of behavior, as the above Wiki article discusses.

Why haven't any of you discussed this alleged cause and the implications therefrom?

Probably because your faux concern is smug, with decidedly nasty undertones.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Greta wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:15 am
Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:37 amThis doesn't have anything to do with homosexuality, but okay.
Homophobia hurts both gays and transgenders, not to mention their families, partners, friends and associates.
I think it's a bit far-fetched to say homophobia is to blame because it offhandedly effects a group of people who can very loosely be fit into it, and not only the typical trans people, but people who broadly fall into a fringe of that group as well.
Last edited by Sir-Sister-of-Suck on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.