~ If ~

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ken

Re: ~ If ~

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:46 am
ken wrote:
The reason I say do not use words like myself is because the my implies an owner or another - in separation to some thing else. If you were to use the words My self or my Self then it is obvious to see the separation or detachment but when the word myself is used then there is no separation nor detachment at all. There is no obvious separation literally AND so there is no detachment in truth also. Myself and My self are obviously very different indeed. One way in for you to learn how to truly detach is by us looking at this in much greater detail if you are interested
Can you explain this in greater detail and especially in relation to the origin of Mind so is Mind a human idea or is it something else
First we would have to come to an agreement on what the actual definition of 'Mind' is before I could even begin to explain in greater detail, and especially in relation to the origin of Mind, and/or, if the Mind is a human idea or some thing else.

My definition of Mind is some thing along the lines of a part of us that is completely open to any thing. You will have to let Me know if this definition is suffice or if you want to use another definition.

But in lesser detail the Mind IS always in existence, the human brain, however, obviously is not. The word 'Mind' is obviously a human idea, just like every other word that came into existence from human beings is a human idea. But just like all actual things, like the human brain, were in existence before the human idea of things came into existence, so was the Mind and the brain in existence prior to the human idea of them. The Mind, however, IS always in existence whereas the human brain came to be in existence whenever the species evolved, which we call human beings.

This is a bit like the chicken and the egg; what came first is solely depended upon the names, labels, or language we use. Obviously an egg was laid and just as obvious is an animal/bird came out of it. Was it a chicken egg that was laid or a chicken that came out of the egg? When definitions are agreed upon, and accepted, by every one, then the truth is revealed. If this is not yet understood, then imagine there are two dogs a labrador and a poodle, they mate and have puppies. To you, what came first the labradoodle (which could be seen as the chicken in the other example) or the puppies (the egg in the other example)?

Obviously at least two things come together in order to create some thing, an thing, and EVERY thing, but what those things are called is solely depended upon human beings and what language they use. Every animal, including the human animal, has come from another "type of" animal and/or changed into another "type of" animal, which is just evolution in process, but when a "type of" animal comes into existence is solely depended upon human beings interpretation and of course the language they use for this interpretation.

When we come to an interpretation, and agreement of, what the Mind is, then we can much better discuss this issue.

To Me, only when the definitions (the language) of the labels (the names) we are going to use is accepted and agreed upon, then we (both or all) look into things with much greater detail, exposing the truth of things.
surreptitious57 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:46 amI like the idea of complete detachment by using my Self or My self instead of myself but as I am too detached I can never use them
Do you mean you can "never use them" now? Obviously, if you come to understand this, then you could use them.

Imagine the label surreptitious57 is defined as self. There are as many selfs as there are human beings who have been labeled. A human body already has the label human body but to separate these bodies into individuals they are each given separate labels, that is names, surreptitious57, ken, and dontaskme, are just but some of those labels or names. I use a small s for these labeled separated, individual, and divided ones because they are NOT worthy of a big S like the united One of ALL of us is. This becomes self-explanatory later on.These labeled ones are the ones who become egotists, in the negative sense, and the one that most people like to become detached from. However, these egotists are people, themselves, and people can NOT become detached from people or themselves.

Just like ALL animals evolved from one "type of" animal and/or changed into another form of animal, the human being animal itself will keep evolving. There is NO stopping that change in form from happening. Just look at ALL animals, they came from some other thing that human beings nowadays do not label and call animals. Because there is a part in human beings that is completely open to any thing, then that has allowed them to look and see that even the earth itself and ALL things on it have come from some thing else, with the evolving process going on for as far as human beings can look and thus see, in the "past" and into the "future". When looking from this open to any thing point of view human beings, and thus people, could just as easily evolve into some other "type or" animal or form. Only when that happens people will be some thing else and thus only then be able to detach from the egotistical person. In other words when people discover who they really are, which for a hint is NOT a person nor a human being, then they can completely detach from that self, and discard them completely, in order to become, for all intention purposes what they are meant to BE.

There is some trouble in trying to explain this in greater detail because of what I am saying needs to be looked at from a completely open perspective, without any religious or previous teaching overtones to it. But because of the damage religion, or more correctly, the damage that misinterpretation of religions and the language from them that has already been done and caused, then being able to see what I am saying is NOT related to any thing previously taught nor learned is harder to see and follow. For you trying not to look at this from an already preconceived and/or preordained outcome, which was naturally taught to you, can be hard, especially if you are trying to compare this and put it into perspective with what you have already been taught and learned.

There are just as many different ways to explain this so that it will be fully understood as there are human beings with already taught thoughts and preconceptions. The reason I ask so much for clarifying questioning and to be challenge because it is only when I KNOW from what perspective FULLY where the person is coming from, that I am then able to fully explain all of this to that person.

I need to know from what perspective each person comes from to be able to put this into a language that they, them self, will fully understand. They need to be fully open and honest first in order for this to happen and that is why only from a truly Honest, Open and inquisitiveness, thus Wanting to learn person, HOW all meaningful answers are found, almost instantly.

Intelligence is related to how much one is able to learn, and to how much one is open to exactly determines how much one can and will learn. Looking from a truly open perspective just means looking from the Mind and because the Mind is always open to any thing and every thing, then every thing can be learned, understood, and reasoned.
Inquisitiveness just dictates how much one learns, understands, and reasons.
Intellect is related to how much one has already learned, understood, and reasoned. This grasping and obtaining information or knowledge is the brains job. You can become completely detached by looking from the truly open Mind always, or you can persist being attached to the already held opinions and beliefs, which have obviously come from the already obtained information and knowledge that the body has experienced.

surreptitious57 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:46 amThe best that I can do is listen to ken even if I do not agree or disagree with anything he says though that alone is not good enough
I do not understand what is being said here. Not good enough for what?
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:23 am
surreptitious57 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:58 am
Dontaskme wrote:
One simply cannot teach another the Non dual truth using words
One can teach non duality to someone who is completely open to the idea but not to anyone who does not understand it or does
not want to understand it and so the problem is not one pertaining to the limitation of language but to not having an open mind
I agree.

It can't be put into words in it's entirety though.
WHY do you persist with this belief?

Is it solely because the one labeled dontaskme has NOT yet experienced it put into words in its entirety yet, or is there some other reason? If there is some other reason, then please give the details.

Persisting with this belief is just a self-fulfilling prophecy, for you.

Until I am shown how it is impossible to be put into words, then what you are saying, to Me, is just your own "distorted" thinking and/or belief.

To Me, to be able to put this into words in its entirety just takes some time to learn HOW to do it. But this might be because I have seen ALL of this in its entirety, already, and so I KNOW that it can and will be done.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:23 amOnly in fragments of understanding, discernment is the key toward understanding what's being pointed to using the only tool available which are words and their obvious limitation.
To Me, here it sounds like you are trying to blame others?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:23 amBut we do try and do our best for the good of the whole.

What I despise is when the teacher puts the student down and makes it feel small.

Which, if we look at honestly, some would say is how you come across some times. Do you really think calling a student an it, does more to uplift that person or more to make them feel small?

The very reason I am here is to NOT express what you are trying to say but instead to learn how to express to others how they can find, what you are trying to express, by themselves. Just like you did. I only know of one way to express how to find what you have and that is by the way i found it also. I am learning how to express this process better, so that they can come to the same understanding as you and I have, which obviously as you already KNOW brings with it a heightened sense of KNOWING the truth. Finding the truth, by your own self, brings with it a greater sense of satisfaction, of fulfillment, and of achievement, although, and as you are already well aware discovering it by yourself also brings with a somewhat great deal of annoyance and frustration also. The want to share this wonderment and excitement can be overwhelming at times. I understand, but patience is needed.

I am learning HOW to teach, the ones who are interested, how they can find the answers by themselves, and from your help and others this is slowly, but surely, being achieved.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
ken wrote:
One way for you to learn how to truly detach is by us looking at this in much greater detail if you are interested
Can you explain this in greater detail and especially in relation to the origin of Mind so is Mind a human idea or is it something else
First we would have to come to an agreement on what the actual definition of Mind is before I could even begin to explain
in greater detail and especially in relation to the origin of Mind and /or if the Mind is a human idea or some thing else

My definition of Mind is some thing along the lines of a part of us that is completely open to any thing. You will have
to let Me know if this definition is suffice or if you want to use another definition
I define Mind as Consciousness existing throughout the Universe namely something that has always existed and will always exist so is not only
limited to human beings. Consciousness here does not mean brain function but simply ALL THERE IS which is the definition of Universe too so
therefore Consciousness is another word for Universe. Now I did recently say that the Universe is within Existence but Existence is more than
the Universe though this is wrong because the Universe is ALL THERE IS. The reason that I said that is because I was ONLY thinking of the non
conscious physical Universe not the conscious physical Universe that includes human beings. So I think the words Mind and Consciousness and
Universe and Existence all mean EXACTLY the same thing. To avoid confusion I will use just one of those words from now on. And that is Mind

I want you to tell me EVERYTHING you know about Mind and ANYTHING new you might learn about Mind in the meantime. Because when you
leave the forum I will only have the words you have already wrote. I will not be able to ask you any questions from that point on. So tell me
EVERYTHING you know about Mind no matter what it is. You do not have to do it all in one go unless you actually can or you want to. I know
your definition of Mind and my definition are not the same but that is not a problem. Simpy tell me EVERYTHING that YOU know about Mind
according to how YOU define it. The rest of this thread can be given over to this task until you decide to leave the forum and go else where
ken

Post by ken »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:56 am
ken wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:

First we would have to come to an agreement on what the actual definition of Mind is before I could even begin to explain
in greater detail and especially in relation to the origin of Mind and /or if the Mind is a human idea or some thing else

My definition of Mind is some thing along the lines of a part of us that is completely open to any thing. You will have
to let Me know if this definition is suffice or if you want to use another definition
I define Mind as Consciousness existing throughout the Universe namely something that has always existed and will always exist so is not only
limited to human beings. Consciousness here does not mean brain function but simply ALL THERE IS which is the definition of Universe too so
therefore Consciousness is another word for Universe. Now I did recently say that the Universe is within Existence but Existence is more than
the Universe though this is wrong because the Universe is ALL THERE IS. The reason that I said that is because I was ONLY thinking of the non
conscious physical Universe not the conscious physical Universe that includes human beings. So I think the words Mind and Consciousness and
Universe and Existence all mean EXACTLY the same thing. To avoid confusion I will use just one of those words from now on. And that is Mind

I want you to tell me EVERYTHING you know about Mind and ANYTHING new you might learn about Mind in the meantime. Because when you
leave the forum I will only have the words you have already wrote. I will not be able to ask you any questions from that point on. So tell me
EVERYTHING you know about Mind no matter what it is. You do not have to do it all in one go unless you actually can or you want to. I know
your definition of Mind and my definition are not the same but that is not a problem. Simpy tell me EVERYTHING that YOU know about Mind
according to how YOU define it. The rest of this thread can be given over to this task until you decide to leave the forum and go else where
Since neither of us started this thread I am not sure if taking over this thread and go our own way is the "right" thing to do, but if no one else cares, then why not?

I say 'Mind' is that part of us that is completely open to any thing, but this definition actually ends up fitting in perfectly with your definition anyway. But I like to start from this perspective because looking from a completely open viewpoint is where all introspective things are learned and discovered. Looking, from within and not the physical eyes, we can see, and obviously the further we can see the more we can discover and learn. I do not know if this helps at all but imagine putting two mirrors face to face and you are standing in between them. If you were just a mind looking into one mirror you could infinitely/eternally because there is no actual physical thing to block the vision. Now, If you have not tried, but when you stand there with the body attached it is impossible to see forever. The physical body blocks the view. I say this works with the physical brain also. When we try to see, internally, from the Mind, which is completely open, then there is nothing blocking the view. But when we try and look, internally, from the brain the vision is stopped. The vision stops exactly where the pre-gathered thoughts go to. Thoughts are just information gathered from the five senses of the body and are stored within the brain. Thoughts are not completely open to any thing like the Mind is. So, we can look from the brain, and its previously gained information or thoughts, or we can look from the completely open Mind.

The open Mind is where imagination and creativity comes from. For example from the wheel up to nowadays and including every new invention along the way it was from the open Mind that the newly formed dream came from. Obviously if there had never been a wheel prior, then no one would have any information about it. But to dream up the idea, imagine it in use or working, and then proceeding to actually create the idea came from some sense of being open to it and open to making it happen.

We know the saying, to have an open mind, in relation to new ideas, well it is not that the Mind can be closed, but the ability to look from that completely open perspective can be closed, by the brain and more specifically from the thoughts that are held within it. If there is any thought like, that can not be done, or that is impossible, then people would have just walked away and every invention from the wheel hitherto would not have come into fruition. Of course the wheel was probably invented after seeing round things like logs or whatever made moving things easier but it was this openness that allowed the imagination and creativity to flow, which then allowed every human made creation to come into being. Just as obvious is that those people who lived back then could not have ever imagined, what we human beings have created together, this building on and creating from previous experiences is a work-in-progress, as you would say. But as long as people are looking from a truly open perspective, then any thing is possible. If, and when, time traveling has been created, then this will prove this point in of itself. However, I digress, being able to look from this completely open perspective, which can only come from the open Mind, is what allows ALL things to be discovered and learned.

Although the 'mind' word can be and has been said in relation to my mind, change your mind, what is on your mind, et cetera, et cetera, for centuries and is still used the same way today, what is actually meant is thoughts instead of mind. This use of the word mind can very simply be exchanged for the word thoughts. Although both are in distinguishable by the physical eyes when a human body and brain is cut open, as they can NOT been seen this way, they are actually two different things.

It is also very obvious within each and every body there are differing thoughts, we KNOW this by what is said and/or written and by the differing behaviors between human bodies. There is, however, no distinction between Mind in any human being. We could use the word 'mind' to mean the different thoughts within different bodies, but when we say, open your mind, what do we actually mean? How can a person open their or the mind? What is the actual Mind that we could open or close? To Me, we can either look, internally, from the already and always completely open Mind, or we can look from the already gained thoughts. To Me, there is no different mind in different bodies, but there is certainly different thinking or thoughts. To Me there is only one Mind, which is just a part of us that is always completely open for us to use.

I like to look from the completely open Mind first, and then, look from the already gained thoughts/thinking to verify if what I am seeing is correct or not. For example, with the, Do we need money to live, scenario that I use a fair bit. This body has grown up in a world where is seen as the be all and end all of everything. So, if i was asked that question, and i was looking from the brain only, then i would answer, "Of course". i can only, internally, see a certain distance with the brain, and as far as all the thoughts/information that had been obtained by this brain the thoughts/information only go as far as human beings living with money. Growing up from having no information/thoughts at all, of the outside of this body world, and only being taught that human beings need money to live, then from the brain perspective I could not of answered any other way. But from the Mind perspective I am able to, internally, see as far as I like and can see that obviously human beings did not even have money for thousands of millennium, then I use the brain to verify if this is true or not, and then I come to an instant KNOWING of what the truth actually IS. Instead of only what i THINK it is.

Because of the very nature of the Mind, that is being invisible to the physical eyes and be completely open to any thing, It is actually able to transcend absolutely every thing and this is what allows us to see as far into the past and into the future as we like. The Mind's Eye is able transcend and see absolutely EVERY thing. Like all things that can see are also able to capture a picture or snapshot of some thing, and that combined with being limitless is able to KNOW ALL-THERE-IS. This happens instantly, but there is almost instantly time delay with the workings of the brain, with the neurons firing if you like.

The always completely open Mind and the brain can work together or they can work in conflict. Although the Mind is doing no wrong it is the thinking, within the brain, that is doing the wrong. That is where the feeling of internal conflict comes from. The brain is trying to say it is right, when the Mind already KNOWS what IS right and the truth. The Mind is a completely invisible to the physical eyes thing and so has no way of being able to force any thing. The Mind has not need to press or push any point or issue. The Mind just lets things evolve as they do.
surreptitious57

I like the idea of not having fixed opinions about any thing or least not rigid enough to reject new knowledge whenever it becomes available
I also like the idea of listening to as many different voices as possible and especially those who think differently to me. And I can very easily
separate the thoughts of a human being from the human being themselves. Since one is not what they think as these are at all not the same
surreptitious57

I think it much better if I start a new thread about Mind rather than tack it onto this one even if no one is bothered about this
That way everyone will see what the thread is about so can contribute should they so wish so you can post there from now on