What does the US solar eclipse mean to you?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: What does the US solar eclipse mean to you?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:20 am
Arising_uk wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:08 am Really? You think your nation hasn't voted an idiot into the highest office you have, your police haven't just stripped a women in public and cavity searched her and yet your ire is towards someone who you think behaves in a superior manner upon a philosophy forum.

Still, how about just answering why you'd feel unsafe watching an eclipse?
Just stare at it for 20 seconds and you'll find out why (but I don't recommend it)

As far as my nation goes, it has over 300 million people, a small percentage of which is crazy. As far as your behavior goes, it speaks volumes as to who you are.

PhilX
Actually it's not a small percentage. For a country to come across as collectively insane as yours does there would have to be a hell of a lot more than a 'small percentage' of crazy idiots. It's the personality as a collective whole that the rest of the world sees. You clearly must have an abundance of insane morons for that image to be projected out to the rest of the world. That's hardly anyone's fault but your own. Btw, you don't exactly come across as 'of normal intelligence and demeanour' either-- the opposite of how you imagine yourself to be...
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:25 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote:So if you think it's so wonderful, why don't you emigrate to here and join the 65,000,000? ...
Well one, that you don't let people from the UK in that easy and two, that 65,000,000 morons voted a moron into charge.
It's still my right to decide whether to join the parade or not. ...
Get a nice brown shirt if you do.
As far as it seeming a fair chunk of the crazies being in uniform, I blame press coverage.
:lol: So no coverage will stop it happening eh! You know that in the first six months of 2017 your police killed 492 people and in the UK we killed 5 in the whole year with 4 of those in terrorist incidents. That in the first six months of three years in the US you killed 107 unarmed citizens whereas we've only killed around 55 people in 24 years with no more than 6 a year since records began and nearly all of them were armed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZC6Ot1MLP0
You're going off-topic by trying to turn this thread into one about politics so you don't deserve a response from me moron. When you grow up, I'll be talking with you again. Go look for a political thread to wank yourself off on.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:31 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:20 am
Arising_uk wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:08 am Really? You think your nation hasn't voted an idiot into the highest office you have, your police haven't just stripped a women in public and cavity searched her and yet your ire is towards someone who you think behaves in a superior manner upon a philosophy forum.

Still, how about just answering why you'd feel unsafe watching an eclipse?
Just stare at it for 20 seconds and you'll find out why (but I don't recommend it)

As far as my nation goes, it has over 300 million people, a small percentage of which is crazy. As far as your behavior goes, it speaks volumes as to who you are.

PhilX
Actually it's not a small percentage. For a country to come across as collectively insane as yours does there would have to be a hell of a lot more than a 'small percentage' of crazy idiots. It's the personality as a collective whole that the rest of the world sees. You clearly must have an abundance of insane morons for that image to be projected out to the rest of the world. That's hardly anyone's fault but your own. Btw, you don't exactly come across as 'of normal intelligence and demeanour' either-- the opposite of how you imagine yourself to be...
See above.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: You're going off-topic by trying to turn this thread into one about politics so you don't deserve a response from me moron. When you grow up, I'll be talking with you again. Go look for a political thread to wank yourself off on.
:lol: This from the twat who posts the most trivial drivel in the wrong sections daily.

"What does the US solar eclipse mean to you?" :roll:
Philosophy Explorer

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:39 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: You're going off-topic by trying to turn this thread into one about politics so you don't deserve a response from me moron. When you grow up, I'll be talking with you again. Go look for a political thread to wank yourself off on.
:lol: This from the twat who posts the most trivial drivel in the wrong sections daily.

"What does the US solar eclipse mean to you?" :roll:
This from the moron who posted incoherently and apologized to me about it. You have monomania and if you don't like my drivel, put up your own drivel posts moron.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: This from the moron who posted incoherently and apologized to me about it. ...
Where?
You have monomania and if you don't like my drivel, put up your own drivel posts moron.
:lol: Oh the irony! Now what was that word for someone who feels the need to incessantly post their browsings upon a forum?
Philosophy Explorer

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:06 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: This from the moron who posted incoherently and apologized to me about it. ...
Where?
You have monomania and if you don't like my drivel, put up your own drivel posts moron.
:lol: Oh the irony! Now what was that word for someone who feels the need to incessantly post their browsings upon a forum?
Where? You forgot birdbrain? Go look it up yourself.

And what word should we apply to your babble and nonsense you keep posting on here? AMod already described you.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Where? You forgot birdbrain? Go look it up yourself. ...
So that's a never happened then.

Still, not sure what you would find so offensive about a person apologising if they made a mistake?
And what word should we apply to your babble and nonsense you keep posting on here? AMod already described you.
Where?
Philosophy Explorer

"So that's a never happened then."

Ofc you would try to deny. But it did happen. You are a sicko bird when you poured out incoherency in one of your posts. Since you made the mistake as your apology proves, then you can look it up to explain.

PhilX 🇺🇸
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"What does the US solar eclipse mean to you?"

Not a goddamned thing.

Whole whack of folks are makin' bucks on this nonsense.

Whole whack of folks are gonna be sorely disappointed (five minutes in, they're gonna be wonderin' why they got so invested in the [non]spectacular event).
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Ofc you would try to deny. But it did happen. You are a sicko bird when you poured out incoherency in one of your posts. Since you made the mistake as your apology proves, then you can look it up to explain.
If I did it why would I want to explain? This is a bit like your claim for your 'God', the burden of proof is upon you.
Philosophy Explorer

Re:

henry quirk wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:40 pm "What does the US solar eclipse mean to you?"

Not a goddamned thing.

Whole whack of folks are makin' bucks on this nonsense.

Whole whack of folks are gonna be sorely disappointed (five minutes in, they're gonna be wonderin' why they got so invested in the [non]spectacular event).
HQ, you're much more responsive than VT and Arising combined. Thank you for your response.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Arising_uk

Re:

Post by Arising_uk »

henry quirk wrote:Whole whack of folks are gonna be sorely disappointed (five minutes in, they're gonna be wonderin' why they got so invested in the [non]spectacular event).
I'm not sure it lasts that long HQ but come on! Even you can't be that curmudgeonly as it is a major phenomenon and a rare one at that, surely your nephew will be interested to experience such a thing? Make sure you get reputable eclipse glasses tho'.
p.s.
Although I'm not sure where you live so maybe you're not in the total path but a partial is still an interesting thing to watch.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Here, in Louisisna, we're expectin' 75% percent coverage of the sun by moon. Things get rollin' at 11:45, end about 2:45, with max coverage around 1:45.

The 11 year old and the rest of his school have all manner of viewing equipement and live feeds, so they'll all be watchin' (whether they want to or not).

As for me: I get a big kick watchin' the squirrels and jays go to war over what's in the backyard feeder, so I got some appreciation for the natural, but unless vampires show up to feast on the livin', I just ain't seein' the big deal with the eclipse.
Last edited by henry quirk on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

"Thank you for your response."

Post by henry quirk »

My pleasure.