What does the US solar eclipse mean to you?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

What does the US solar eclipse mean to you?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

It happens on Monday.

For me I'll just watch it on TV. And you?

PhilX 🇺🇸
Arising_uk

Re: What does the US solar eclipse mean to you?

Post by Arising_uk »

Why would you watch it on TV if you can watch it in the US? If you do then you'll be missing out on the actual experience as it's amazing to feel the temperature drop.
Philosophy Explorer

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:22 pm Why would you watch it on TV if you can watch it in the US? If you do then you'll be missing out on the actual experience as it's amazing to feel the temperature drop.
Let's say I feel safer.

Btw I know Foghorn Leghorn is based on a US senator which I take to mean you're supportive of the US to a certain extent. It's your superior attitude against members I take issue with.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Last edited by Philosophy Explorer on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

I didn't even realise it was the US solar eclipse. I just thought it sort of happened out there in space of it's own accord, I should have realised the US was responsible, as usual.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

For me, the eclipse is an awesome natural sight to behold as celestial bodies revolve around each other. I live very close to the eclipse totality zone, and I'm going to stay home and have an outdoor party with 10 of my neighbors... drumming and dancing as the day goes DARK! Woohoo!

The U.S. needs more pagan celebrations to help counter-balance the archaic gyrations of twisted Christianity. 8)
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

It won't be a full solar eclipse for my state. And we just got a partial eclipse last year. So nothing for me.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Wait for all the looting and end-of-world doomsdayers :roll:
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:23 pm Wait for all the looting and end-of-world doomsdayers :roll:
I don't think you'll have to wait longer than when the eclipse hits Oregon.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Let's say I feel safer. ...
Eh!?
Btw I know Foghorn Leghorn is based on a US senator which I take to mean you're supportive of the US to a certain extent. It's your superior attitude against members I take issue with.
I'm not surprised at this sentiment from a member of a nation who votes an idiot into charge and whose police think they are allowed to strip and body cavity search a women in public. Heaven forfend that someone acts in a way that smacks of being intellectually or educationally superior about something tho'. But I do understand this tho' as in your nation a good education essentially means having wealth.
Philosophy Explorer

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:03 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote:Let's say I feel safer. ...
Eh!?
I'm not surprised at this sentiment from a member of a nation who votes an idiot into charge and whose police think they are allowed to strip and body cavity search a women in public. Heaven forfend that someone acts in a way that smacks of being intellectually or educationally superior about something tho'. But I do understand this tho' as in your nation a good education essentially means having wealth.
I'm not surprised at the babble and nonsense you just uttered.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Really? You think your nation hasn't voted an idiot into the highest office you have, your police haven't just stripped a women in public and cavity searched her and yet your ire is towards someone who you think behaves in a superior manner upon a philosophy forum.

Still, how about just answering why you'd feel unsafe watching an eclipse?
Philosophy Explorer

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:08 am Really? You think your nation hasn't voted an idiot into the highest office you have, your police haven't just stripped a women in public and cavity searched her and yet your ire is towards someone who you think behaves in a superior manner upon a philosophy forum.

Still, how about just answering why you'd feel unsafe watching an eclipse?
Just stare at it for 20 seconds and you'll find out why (but I don't recommend it)

As far as my nation goes, it has over 300 million people, a small percentage of which is crazy. As far as your behavior goes, it speaks volumes as to who you are.

PhilX
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Just stare at it for 20 seconds and you'll find out why (but I don't recommend it) ...
I've stared at a partial with no problem but then I'm sane enough to wear the right gear. Personally I think you're mad not to experience this event and the dark and cold really reminds you what the sun does for us but there you go TV for a TV nation I suppose.
As far as my nation goes, it has over 300 million people, a small percentage of which is crazy. As far as your behavior goes, it speaks volumes as to who you are.
Well 65,000,000 is not such a small number and given your police forces behaviour a fair chunk of the crazies seem to be in uniform.
Philosophy Explorer

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:31 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote:Just stare at it for 20 seconds and you'll find out why (but I don't recommend it) ...
I've stared at a partial with no problem but then I'm sane enough to wear the right gear. Personally I think you're mad not to experience this event and the dark and cold really reminds you what the sun does for us but there you go TV for a TV nation I suppose.
Well 65,000,000 is not such a small number and given your police forces behaviour a fair chunk of the crazies seem to be in uniform.
So if you think it's so wonderful, why don't you emigrate to here and join the 65,000,000? It's still my right to decide whether to join the parade or not. As far as it seeming a fair chunk of the crazies being in uniform, I blame press coverage.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:So if you think it's so wonderful, why don't you emigrate to here and join the 65,000,000? ...
Well one, that you don't let people from the UK in that easy and two, that 65,000,000 morons voted a moron into charge.
It's still my right to decide whether to join the parade or not. ...
Get a nice brown shirt if you do.
As far as it seeming a fair chunk of the crazies being in uniform, I blame press coverage.
:lol: So no coverage will stop it happening eh! You know that in the first six months of 2017 your police killed 492 people and in the UK we killed 5 in the whole year with 4 of those in terrorist incidents. That in the first six months of three years in the US you killed 107 unarmed citizens whereas we've only killed around 55 people in 24 years with no more than 6 a year since records began and nearly all of them were armed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZC6Ot1MLP0