charlotte

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

charlotte

Post by henry quirk »

If you're American, you know about this, so no backstory is required.

If you're not American, then you probably don't give a flip about this, so no backstory is required.

The talkin' head industry is makin' a big to-do about how there is no 'moral equivalence' between the two groups.

As usual, when 'reporters' decide to do sumthin' other than 'report' (that is: when they vomit up their own politics and pretend they're reportin') they get it dead wrong.

Consider...

On one side: race haters...folks who don't merely notice racial differences, but who despise others solely because of the differences.

On the other side: communists (full-blown, sympathizers, and dupes)...advocates of one of the most anti-individual, anti-human notions ever to fall out the backside of a philosopher.

Absolutely, the two groups are 'morally' equivalent...only group worse than the race haters and communists are the child rapers.

So: the only thing Trump got wrong is when he said there were good people on both sides of the fence.

If you race-hate: you are not a good person.

If you're communist (in action or by way of sympathy): you're not a good person.

#

Not a soul there, on either side gave, or gives, a rat ass about the statue...the statue was just the excuse for two strains of jackasses to parade their stupid politics.

#

Charlotte fucked up royally here. The race-haters went got their permit to demonstrate and -- if Charlotte had down it's job -- then the race-haters woulda speechified and placard-waved, they woulda got their 30 seconds of airtime, and that woulda been the end of it. When the communists showed up, they did so without permit and shoulda been been sent packin'. They weren't. Fine. If they weren't gonna be dispersed then the two groups shoulda been kept separate. They weren't.

So, what happened is not surprising: violence leading up to one one jackass runnin' other jackasses down with his car (killin' one deader than dead).

So: the real culprit here is the jackass who told PD to 'stand down'.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Re: charlotte

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

I agree with you that both leftist group (ANTIFA) and the white nationalists who were there share the blame, it's not equivalent and I actually do have to say the alt-right make up the majority of it. But honestly, I actually thought the speech he gave after the charlottesville incident was cordial and handled pretty well, at least as well as trump can give a speech. He was absolutely right to say both sides are to blame.

I think there probably were people there only protesting the removal of the statue, and wanted nothing to do with the 'unite the right' rally, or just didn't realize it was an alt-right organization. I didn't when I first heard about it. I sure there were some leftwingers there who peacefully protested as well.

ANTIFA did in fact have a permit to be there by the way, trump was wrong on that.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1690648
Impenitent

Re: charlotte

Post by Impenitent »

the same crap planned in boston today

but the revolution that the leftists want will not be as glorious as they think

-Imp