Hey Bob

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Hey Bob

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Are you getting bored with PN? I notice you're posting about once a week.

PhilX 🇺🇸
bobevenson

Re: Hey Bob

Post by bobevenson »

No, but Amod keeps deleting my threads because he hates my guts.
AMod

Post by AMod »

bobevenson,

Not so, it's because we have enough posts here concerning your monomania to last a life time.

AMod.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Philosophers and intellectuals tend to be teatotalers.
When they hear "Ouzo" or "whiskey" they run for cover and so do I.

What happened to Barbara Brooks ?
Mr. Arising used to be irritated by her inspired and inspiring posts. I still remember her.
It was nice to read a post or two once in a while.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

duszek wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:19 pm Philosophers and intellectuals tend to be teatotalers. When they hear "Ouzo" or "whiskey" they run for cover and so do I.
I think you meant "teetotalers" rather than people who drink tea, but regardless, whiskey is a drink, and Ouzo is a game (you may have been thinking of the ouzo drink).
duszek

Post by duszek »

bobevenson wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:15 pm
duszek wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:19 pm Philosophers and intellectuals tend to be teatotalers. When they hear "Ouzo" or "whiskey" they run for cover and so do I.
I think you meant "teetotalers" rather than people who drink tea, but regardless, whiskey is a drink, and Ouzo is a game (you may have been thinking of the ouzo drink).
When you go to a Greek restaurant sometimes the host serves you the Ouzo liquor after the meal as a special treat.
I thought that those who refuse alcoholic beverages stick to tea. It is logical to me.
We foreigners ofter amuse native speakers by our logical thinking.

I thought you were trying to promote an Ouzo prophecy.
A little piece of advice if I may:
If you wish to promote a serious prophecy in a serious way perhaps it would help to think of an awe inspiring name for it.
Ouzo sounds hilarious, so does ketchup or cheeseburger or pea nut or pepper corn.

Would you pay attention to someone trying to explain to you a complicated pea nut prophecy ?

Ouzo prophecy is even worse: it suggests that it was invented by a bar fly in a severe state of intoxication.
Tequila prophecy or Jack Daniels prophecy would have a more immediate effect on an American.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Well, to give you a brief insight into the game, a travel book on Greece said not to be surprised if the waiter at a Greek café carefully goes over your bill many times since the Greeks love numbers. Since the game is nothing but numbers, the name Ouzo was born, based on the Amerian bar game of liar's poker, played with the serial number on a dollar bill. Actually, liar's poker is a watered-down version of Ouzo, like an attenuated virus that Satan inoculates people with to keep them from catching the real thing, as explained in "The Ouzo Prophecy."
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bobevenson wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:23 pm Well, to give you a brief insight into the game, a travel book on Greece said not to be surprised if the waiter at a Greek café carefully goes over your bill many times since the Greeks love numbers. Since the game is nothing but numbers, the name Ouzo was born, based on the Amerian bar game of liar's poker, played with the serial number on a dollar bill. Actually, liar's poker is a watered-down version of Ouzo, like an attenuated virus that Satan inoculates people with to keep them from catching the real thing, as explained in "The Ouzo Prophecy."
I'm impressed Bob ...you used 'bill' instead of 'cheque' great inroads towards something more comprehensible...(unless you are calling cash a bill like a twat)

In fact, funny story. When i was in Miami - I had almost completed a dinner when a darker fellow - i think you call them 'niggers' had an argument with the waiter and unfortunately for him he approached my table in quite a state stating something to the affect of 'hey when you get the cheque bla bla bla' and he had quite a quizzed disposition..and I am 'like' 'mate, i don't pay by cheque, normally i GET the bill, and pay by CASH or CARD.'

And he is 'like' all confused ya know like a fuse has just blown inside of his head and he's asking me dumb questions about when you RECEIVE the cheque and i'm still a virgin in American dumb shit - so i'm 'like' "No mate, i am not paying by cheque...i get the bill and pay by cash usually"

He stormed off with the waiter and I continued to get PISSED.
duszek

Post by duszek »

So:

In Maimi the slang word for an invoice or bill is cheque ?

So when a waiter asks me "when will you pay your cheque ?" it is time to cough up some bucks.
Easy.

Don´t tell us, Atto, that there is no slang in Australia. If you don´t want to tell us about it we can ask Crocodile Dundee.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The Ouzo prophecy has a PR problem as far as I am concerned but nobody needs to listen to me.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

duszek wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:50 am The Ouzo prophecy has a PR problem as far as I am concerned...
As a divinely inspired prophet, I have no need to curry favor.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

duszek wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:50 am Nobody needs to listen to me.
Thankyou for that.