Why Has The Everything Thread Been Deleted

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Why Has The Everything Thread Been Deleted

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:38 pm Do you think all dances are equal in importance and meaning? (I do.)
Yes I do.

Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:38 pm Do you think it's okay to make fun of dances? (I do. :) )
You're own dance yes.
Some other persons dance no.

Because each dance is uniquely special to the dancer. It's their party and no other persons business.

We can show others our dance, and if the other likes the groove then they can join in. Or if it's not their groove they can reject it and go on with their own groove.

But to make fun of another persons dance, is not my kind of dance, because we're all just trying to perfect our own dance moves without wanting to step on other peoples toes.

Everyone is exactly where they are supposed to be when it comes to perfecting their own dance.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:43 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:24 pm
Would you say that to your 3 year old child when she shows you the sandcastle she built on the beach
I suppose you would say: "who is this who who built the sandcastle"?
Yes, but we're talking within the dream story Harbal. ...not literally.

Geez, how many more times.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:57 pm Geez, how many more times.
None, preferably.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:03 pm We can show people the door, but ultimately only they can walk through it.
What door?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:03 pm that's the problem with you
Oh really? :lol:
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:03 pm you always jump to the conclusion someone knows
People DO THINK THEY KNOW... and they demonstrate it with their words at one time or another. What is wrong with me questioning that?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:03 pm Truth is an idea only. And you like the idea over truth.
I do? How did you come up with that? Please explain this that you supposedly know about me.
the difference between you and me is you are rather blasé about life
Oh really? Again... how did you come up with this?
Would you say that to your 3 year old child when she shows you the sandcastle she built on the beach...would you just look at it and say SO!
I would say "That's beautiful... are you having fun?" She wouldn't be making any more out of it than that. Why SHOULD anything more be made out of it than that?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:56 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:38 pm Do you think it's okay to make fun of dances? (I do. :) )
You're own dance yes.
Some other persons dance no.
Who is the other?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:56 pm But to make fun of another persons dance, is not my kind of dance
Are you unable to have a sense of humor about it? Do you prefer making projections?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:56 pm Because each dance is uniquely special to the dancer. It's their party and no other persons business.
Fair enough but if you step onto the floor where everyone is dancing the waltz and you start to tango, don't be surprised if you get a few funny looks.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:48 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:56 pm Because each dance is uniquely special to the dancer. It's their party and no other persons business.
Fair enough but if you step onto the floor where everyone is dancing the waltz and you start to tango, don't be surprised if you get a few funny looks.

But I wouldn't do that, so there's no problem there.

The problem with your ideas and Lacewing is guilty of also, is that you like to look for problems in discussion. And if you can't find any, you'll make some up.

I simply discuss, and it's never a problem to me....but Lacewings only intent is to argue with me and others, I've seen it from day one and it's still happening.

I refuse to get into arguments with other posters.

So as per usual, I'll just await another one of your witty replies to my response because I like them.

But not interested in playing silly mind games that Lw likes to play. Have fun.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:45 am The problem with your ideas and Lacewing is guilty of also, is that you like to look for problems in discussion. And if you can't find any, you'll make some up.

I simply discuss, and it's never a problem to me....but Lacewings only intent is to argue with me and others, I've seen it from day one and it's still happening.

But not interested in playing silly mind games that Lw likes to play.
You're being dishonest.

You've made statements that contradict your claims, as well as bizarre personal projections, and when questioned about that (which is totally reasonable on this forum), this is your response above. You clearly have no idea what I'm about. :D

Notice that your first sentence claims that THE PROBLEM is that Harbal and I look for problems! (Earlier, you claimed there was another problem with me.) You don't even seem to recognize the irony/ownership of your own behavior. Likewise, you are continually making stuff up (which you've admitted), and yet you claim that we are making stuff up when we question you about it. If you are willing to be truthful and responsible about the things you say, why don't you answer the questions I genuinely posed in RESPONSE to your claims? There are no mind games coming from me -- it's straight-up, truthful responses to your crazy-ass claims. :lol:
Last edited by Lacewing on Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:10 am There are no mind games coming from me -- it's straight-up responses to your crazy-ass claims.
No claim, no blame.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:10 amDon't you own them?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:45 am But I wouldn't do that, so there's no problem there.
But you are doing it, all the time.
The problem with your ideas and Lacewing is guilty of also, is that you like to look for problems in discussion.
Isn't the purpose of any discussion identifying problems and removing them?
And if you can't find any, you'll make some up.

It's very unusual not to be able to find any.
I simply discuss, and it's never a problem to me....
It isn't a discussion when you speak in a language no one can understand.
but Lacewings only intent is to argue with me and others,
Maybe she got the idea from somewhere that that's what philosophy is about. I think she's made several attempts to engage with you on a sensible level, but, quite understandably, become frustrated at your refusal to communicate in a straightforward, coherent way.
.I refuse to get into arguments with other posters.
In that case, why publicise your ideas in a place where that is what people do.
not interested in playing silly mind games that Lw likes to play.
I think you have totally misunderstood her. She's very open minded, whereas your posts give the impression that there is no alternate view.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:48 pm
Allow me to give you an example why I wouldn't do that.

Would I start a discussion in the Maths Forum?

No, because I don't know that dance.

But I did find your reply rather witty and amusing, but as the barking dogs we are, barking up the wrong tree sometimes happens.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:43 am No claim, no blame.
Ah... another one of your little quickie childish retorts to avoid responsibility because you CAN'T answer the questions put to you. :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:47 am...

woof! woof! ...
You are entitled to your opinion of me.

The simply fact is...I don't get her or you. You support her, good for you, not my cup of tea...thanks but no thanks.

I don't see how there is going to be any reconciliation any time soon.

Birds of a feather, different strokes for different folks...and all that jazz...I can talk to who ever I choose to talk to, and no one is forcing any one to reply to me.

Simple as that.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:57 am I can talk to who ever I choose to talk to, and no one is forcing any one to reply to me.
It's a forum, when you make a post you are tacitly inviting replies.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:57 am I can talk to who ever I choose to talk to
Of course! You can say whatever you'd like, and take no responsibility for it, and ignore any questions that reveal how funky and inaccurate it is. Maybe if you weren't hiding/resisting(?), you wouldn't mind my questions at all -- you could see them as the playful challenges that they are to explore. But nope, "not your cup of tea" -- your identity is (apparently) too serious for that. Lots of people like to stay intoxicated with their beloved brew.