Why Has The Everything Thread Been Deleted

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Why Has The Everything Thread Been Deleted

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:46 pm Must have touched a nerve, foot or brain.
The bottom of the barrel is what you've touched, Walker, as usual.
ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:03 pm

No one knows the truth, and that not knowing is the only truth.
dontaskme affirms that no one knows the truth while at the same time stipulating but dontaskme does know the truth.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:52 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:46 pm Must have touched a nerve, foot or brain.
The bottom of the barrel is what you've touched, Walker, as usual.
Great minds adapt.
Walker

Post by Walker »

ken wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:49 am

dontaskme affirms that no one knows the truth while at the same time stipulating but dontaskme does know the truth.
Supporting data?
ken

Post by ken »

PauloL wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:17 pm
ken wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Nothing important really is nothing again. Philosophically speaking, a thread on nothing should have the title empty. Once it didn't, negating it by deletion is a nice exercise of philosophical nihilism as I said, so that we can train both rationally and empirically.
I will repeat, the thread was NOT about 'nothing'. The thread WAS about 'nothing important really'. There is a difference. That thread like just about ALL the threads in this forum are in a way about the same unimportant things.

No thread has come to an unanimous decision about what is really important in Life, so ALL past threads could be seen to be in a way the same.
PauloL wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:17 pmWas there a thread at all?
Yes.
PauloL wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:17 pmOr are we yielding to false senses?
pauloL might be doing that.
PauloL wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:17 pmMaybe you can only justify your belief solipsistically with your memories, but memory is tricky and subject to the influence of evil geniuses. This is a good start.

This is supposedly a good start for what exactly?
ken

Post by ken »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:01 am

Supporting data?
The supporting data is directly in dontaskme's quote.

Stating, "No one knows the truth, " is affirming no one knows the truth. And stating, "and that not knowing is the only truth" is stipulating that 'that supposed only truth' is a truth, which dontaskme DOES know.

The obvious contradiction, I hope, can be seen and does not need to be further supported.
Walker

Post by Walker »

ken wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:20 am

Supporting data?

Stating, "No one knows the truth, " is affirming no one knows the truth. And stating, "and that not knowing is the only truth" is stipulating that 'that supposed only truth' is a truth, which dontaskme DOES know.

The obvious contradiction, I hope, can be seen and does not need to be further supported.
Love says 'I am everything.'

Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows.

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
ken

Post by ken »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:47 am
Supporting data?

Why did you put that here for?

Can you elaborate on that and explain in detail what that is actually meant to mean?
PauloL

Post by PauloL »

ken wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:05 am This is supposedly a good start for what exactly?
To train nihilism, Ken, as I said before. Moderators deleted thread because they want us to be better philosophers.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Well that does appear to be what AMod said although it's just being better at categorising one's posts and that he appears to be a lazy bugger.
ken

Post by ken »

PauloL wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:26 am
ken wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:05 am This is supposedly a good start for what exactly?
To train nihilism, Ken, as I said before. Moderators deleted thread because they want us to be better philosophers.
Deleting a thread is NOT going to make any person a better philosopher.

As arising_uk alluded to, a moderator deleted that thread because that moderator is a fickle tyrant or that moderator was encouraging the use of the correct subcategories and was fed up with moving posts. Only that moderator knows what the truth is.

That moderator could have kept the thread with a last post suggesting others start a new thread in more appropriate subcategory, and then just lock the thread. That way others would not have to be explaining what that topic was about to others, like you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme is the known. The known don't know anything.

I AM the knowing that cannot be known.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:13 am
PauloL wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:26 am
Deleting a thread is NOT going to make any person a better philosopher.

As arising_uk alluded to, a moderator deleted that thread because that moderator is a fickle tyrant or that moderator was encouraging the use of the correct subcategories and was fed up with moving posts. Only that moderator knows what the truth is.

That moderator could have kept the thread with a last post suggesting others start a new thread in more appropriate subcategory, and then just lock the thread. That way others would not have to be explaining what that topic was about to others, like you.
How to stay sane in an insane world.

How to stay perfect in an imperfect world.

Chuck it in the fuck it bucket and start all over again. :D

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&t ... dJVDDk7fPM:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:05 amWhy did you put that here for?

Can you elaborate on that and explain in detail what that is actually meant to mean?
It means life walks the razor edge between knowing and not-knowing.

If you don't agree, then obviously it means different things to different people, so it would be pointless to ask another.

ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:33 am

Dontaskme is the known. The known don't know anything.
If dontaskme is known, then can dontaskme explain who and/or what is dontaskme?

I have already on a few occasions explained who and what dontaskme is, which by the way is the exact same as what all people are. i, Ken, the known one, KNOWS this. Therefore the known can, and actually do, KNOW some things.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:33 amI AM the knowing that cannot be known.
But I have already on a few occasions explained what I, the knowing One, am. So, again, I can, and do, KNOW. Therefore, I AM already KNOWN, which unfortunately dontaskme is unable to even challenge.