Queen

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Queen

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:45 pm No it was a bad idea, that I regret now, can you ask Amod to delete the thread for me?
Of course I can.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:51 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:45 pm No it was a bad idea, that I regret now, can you ask Amod to delete the thread for me?
Of course I can.
Thanks Harbal.

There has been so much in the news mainly @ DM...about Charles and Diana and the two princes lately, that it got me wanting to vent some frustrations, but the forum was not the right place to vent them, I am a stupid idiot, you were right.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:56 pm I am a stupid idiot, you were right.
There, there, everything's going to be alright. I've PM'd Amod and I'm sure he'll be sympathetic to the situation.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:03 pm
There, there, everything's going to be alright. I've PM'd Amod and I'm sure he'll be sympathetic to the situation.
Thanks for being a kind one, it's all been getting a bit too much for me lately, what with all the nuke talk as well. I'm feeling better now you are here to reassure me everything is going to be alright, I feel so warm inside at hearing those words.

vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Ironic how Americans seem to be obsessed with the royals.
How bland and PC the Battenburgs have become. There hasn't been a decent scandal for ages.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:10 pm
Thanks for being a kind one, it's all been getting a bit too much for me lately, what with all the nuke talk as well. I'm feeling better now you are here to reassure me everything is going to be alright, I feel so warm inside at hearing those words.

Couldn't you have pm'd Amod yourself? (I know you don't like to be asked).
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Couldn't you have pm'd Amod yourself?
Why should I when I can just get my queen bitch to do it... (just kidding Harbal) :wink:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:17 pm
Why should I when I can just get my queen bitch to do it... (just kidding Harbal) :wink:
Don't push your luck, Dontask.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:17 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Couldn't you have pm'd Amod yourself?
That's pretty funny. (I'll ignore the cop-out ending).
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:I just think the whole Queen and Country thing has run it's evolutionary course. It's time to quit the farce. ...
It'll soon be King and Country and given it's a Charles you might well get your wish.
It's such a farce, and hardly anyone agrees with it anymore. ...
And yet they've never been more popular?
I don't believe people should get married when they clearly don't love their partners. It's so wrong, and then to being other lives into the farce is just plain wrong. ...
Around 60% of the worlds marriages are arranged.
I don't want to talk about it anymore, it upsets me a lot. ...
Boo Hoo comes to mind.
And I know it's only a dream dreamt by no one, but it still upsets me.
Which just goes to show what a load of old toss your metaphysic is.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:24 pmAround 60% of the worlds marriages are arranged.
This is humanised legalised slavery. Could even stretch as far as being classed as legalised pedophilia. Humans are screwed-up mentally, and need to realise their boundless freedom to be.

I just see too much hypocrisy going on everywhere...it's a kind of 'one rule for us' 'another rule for them' mentality.
People really need to wake-up else the world is going to hell in a handcart.

''And I know it's only a dream dreamt by no one, but it still upsets me.''

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:24 pmWhich just goes to show what a load of old toss your metaphysics is.
No, you misunderstand metaphysics here, it's not toss, it's the only absolute truth to reality, in that it takes a look at the first principles which are empty, but the world apparently does not seem to be interested in empty principles for what can they do with that?

The truth of the matter is very simple..the world is a dream dreamt by no one, but that doesn't take away the obviousness that emotion and feelings do still arise...of course they do, because it's all energetic...it's all energy at play with itself, no human or any other creature is making this energy happen, it's all surging through life freely and spontaneously....also, the imagination and thinking is very powerful, it's another form of energy...where do you think thoughts and feelings come from?...do you not realise it's all sourced from the same one energetic force surging through every living creature....no creature is making this happen, it's all happening by itself spontaneously. How do you explain an orgasm for example?....metaphysics does not deny existence, it points to the ''no thing'' that is being everything...and it's a very powerful force indeed...it's not taught to us like other subjects are, so we have to find this knowledge for ourselves. It's very exciting knowledge in my opinion, but you can believe what you want about reality, we all live in our own little reality bubbles...This world can take just about everything from you, but it can never take your mind.

Sorry for the rant...but I feel passionate about Nonduality, and I cannot revert back to normal mainstream thinking now my mind has been stretched to the point of no return to life as I once knew it.

If you are English A-UK...then you might have heard of Tony Parsons...I love this guy, he's the only Nondual speaker who hits the nail on the subject in my opinion.

I love the way he tells this guy in his meeting that he doesn't have any feelings when the guy asked him 'what about feelings'....Tony just looked at him and said ..''you don't have any'' ...there's an hilarious side to Nonduality, and is why the Buddha laughed so long and hard.

No one owns their feelings...if we did, we'd make ourselves happy all the time.

This is what I'm trying to show people....but when you say things like...''Which just goes to show what a load of old toss your metaphysic is.''

Your missing out on a lot of fun...

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:49 am I feel passionate about Nonduality, and I cannot revert back to normal mainstream thinking now my mind has been stretched to the point of no return to life as I once knew it.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... cef9b2.jpg

Sending much love to all Royal people today. We're all Royal, not just the few, but the many.

Never be a beggar in you're own Kingdom.

Embrace your dark side because the light will always reveal it for what it is and it will dissolve like a salamander in the sun, because only love is real... everything else is illusion. Forgive yourself and others. I forgive you.

I forgive you Charles.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:This is humanised legalised slavery. Could even stretch as far as being classed as legalised pedophilia. Humans are screwed-up mentally, and need to realise their boundless freedom to be.

I just see too much hypocrisy going on everywhere...it's a kind of 'one rule for us' 'another rule for them' mentality.
People really need to wake-up else the world is going to hell in a handcart. ...
And yet according to you there is nothing going on, there are no humans nor people and the world is just an illusion so what's the problem?
''And I know it's only a dream dreamt by no one, but it still upsets me.''
Then you're an idiot or don't actually know or believe this.
Arising_uk wrote:No, you misunderstand metaphysics here, it's not toss, ...
I understand metaphysics quite well which is why I said "metaphysic" and yours is toss as it is appears to be of no use to you when dealing with reality.
it's the only absolute truth to reality, in that it takes a look at the first principles which are empty, but the world apparently does not seem to be interested in empty principles for what can they do with that? ...
This is not metaphysics, as whilst it is the examination of first principles of things and may well come up with truths about reality it is mainly, at least in Philosophy, Ontology. You should read Kant, as he's about the only metaphysician who's stood the test of philosophical history, although Schopenhaur and a couple of others thought they had answered him, and Kant makes the distinction of the Noumena and Phenomema(although these terms had been used before in Philosophy he uses them differently), i.e. 'the thing-in-itself' and 'the thing as it appears to us', the former cannot be known and to my ears you appear to think you know something about it.
The truth of the matter is very simple..the world is a dream dreamt by no one, ...
You're just making this up.
but that doesn't take away the obviousness that emotion and feelings do still arise...of course they do, because it's all energetic...it's all energy at play with itself, no human or any other creature is making this energy happen, it's all surging through life freely and spontaneously....also, the imagination and thinking is very powerful, it's another form of energy... ...
Again this is all just make-believe. What is 'energy'?
where do you think thoughts and feelings come from?...
From being a body with senses(CNS) in an external world, specifically thoughts are the representations from the senses without the cause(I think you need some form of memory as well here) and feelings are pretty much the same but caused by the endocrine system along with the CNS.
do you not realise it's all sourced from the same one energetic force surging through every living creature.... ...
I think you are reifying "Life", there are only living things.
no creature is making this happen, it's all happening by itself spontaneously. ...
Each creature is making it happen for itself.
How do you explain an orgasm for example?....
Chemicals from the endocrine system and the nerve endings of the CNS.
metaphysics does not deny existence, ...
How could it? As it's the examination of it.
it points to the ''no thing'' that is being everything...and it's a very powerful force indeed...it's not taught to us like other subjects are, so we have to find this knowledge for ourselves. ...
It's taught in Philosophy and what you are saying is just one metaphysic amongst many and not a particularly original one.
It's very exciting knowledge in my opinion, but you can believe what you want about reality, we all live in our own little reality bubbles...This world can take just about everything from you, but it can never take your mind. ...
No idea what this is supposed to mean.
Sorry for the rant...but I feel passionate about Nonduality, and I cannot revert back to normal mainstream thinking now my mind has been stretched to the point of no return to life as I once knew it. ...
What is 'normal mainstream thinking' when it's at home? Your 'nonduality' is pretty much standard fare as such things go.
If you are English A-UK...then you might have heard of Tony Parsons...I love this guy, he's the only Nondual speaker who hits the nail on the subject in my opinion. ...
What is there to hit according to you? Still, I wondered where you were getting this stuff.
I love the way he tells this guy in his meeting that he doesn't have any feelings when the guy asked him 'what about feelings'....Tony just looked at him and said ..''you don't have any'' ...there's an hilarious side to Nonduality, and is why the Buddha laughed so long and hard. ...
No-one has a clue why the Buddha laughed.
No one owns their feelings...if we did, we'd make ourselves happy all the time. ...
You might but I prefer to have my feelings integrated into my thoughts as thoughts without feelings are lacking.
This is what I'm trying to show people....but when you say things like...''Which just goes to show what a load of old toss your metaphysic is.''

Your missing out on a lot of fun...
And yet it was you who were upset? Hence the toss.
Greta

Post by Greta »

The trouble with rationalising things down to their components (light, spirit, atoms and subatomic particles, etc) is that it ignores emergence.

Just as one cannot understand art by breaking down a painting to its component molecules to analyse, one cannot successfully break down any life forms in such a way. It's not about the stuff itself but the configuration of the stuff.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:53 amYou might but I prefer to have my feelings integrated into my thoughts as thoughts without feelings are lacking.
But I never said that, you did, it seems you are determined to twist everything I say back to it all being about yourself and your own beleifs and ideas, completely missing the whole point of what I am talking about, but I don't care, say what you want, that's all I'm doing. Everybody does same. And yes, I make-it all up, where else am I going to get knowledge from?? ...someone else?....and if someone else, then where did they get it from, and why would I believe their knowledge over my own understanding about reality? my reality is here right now, not in some dead or living persons idea about reality...what am I supposed to check in with the list of people you gave me before I am allowed to say anything myself, wow, who made them authority on what is the right way to think?...people can think for them self you know, they don't have to check in with others just to see if they are matching up with an ideal or something or other...yeah, great, lets not be creative and think for ourselves, lets just hang on to dead ideas and not think of any thing different.
Arising_uk wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:53 amAnd yet it was you who were upset? Hence the toss.
Like I've already explained, which you seem to have ignored or just not understood, sometimes upset feelings arise, sometimes feelings of having fun arise. There is nothing tossy about that. But it seems that because I said I was upset... you then apparently think it throws out all my theory about nonduality...but by thinking that, all that means is that you have no understanding of what nonduality is pointing to.
All you seem to be interested in is twisting everything I write about to make me look like I am the one not understanding reality ....

Just so you know, if you are going to be like that, then your opinions are worthless to me, because I've heard your type all before, and the truth is the world is not ready to hear nonduality, but it has to start somewhere and it's only going to get more popular.And I'm never going to give up talking about it. If you don't understand what's being said...then go away....go to a thread where you do understand the subject. I myself have never gone into a thread where I do not know what's being discussed, take the Mathematics threads for example...I do not go in there twisting all the posters ideas about and making their ideas look stupid...I stay well clear of what I don't grasp, and that's what you need to do, stay away if you don't understand. If you want to learn something different then I can help you see, but don't come around with ridicule, it's pathetic, and I've been there so many times with people like you.

Understanding nondual literature does not turn us into robots...feelings still arise, and there is no problem either, what ever happens happens, your the one who seems to have a problem with it not me. For me there is no problem but for you, you seem to want it to be a problem.