Should we get rid of football and other contact sports?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Re: Should we get rid of football and other contact sports?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:00 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:42 pm This article just came up on Flipboard:

https://futurism.com/al-gore-the-trump- ... efensible/

PhilX 🇺🇸
So what point do you wish to defend? And what are you citing to that end? It's good to explore, but do you have no opinion?
You mean do I have an opinion? What's your specific question?

PhilX 🇺🇸
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:42 pm This article just came up on Flipboard:

PhilX 🇺🇸
I have stated numerous times that I agree that the climate is warming and that human activity is a contributing factor, I am not convinced that it will be the disaster that some are predicting. Usually when the climate gets warmer it also gets wetter in that there is more moisture which translates into more rain. The only question is where will the increased rain fall, that is a really important question and I think that most who predict disaster are just trying to get some political mileage out of it, as in "elect me and I'll fix it." when in fact they are just going to wait and see what happens. if it works out for the good, they are heroes, if it doesn't work out so good, the voting public has a very short memory.
Philosophy Explorer

thedoc wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:05 pm

PhilX 🇺🇸
I have stated numerous times that I agree that the climate is warming and that human activity is a contributing factor, I am not convinced that it will be the disaster that some are predicting. Usually when the climate gets warmer it also gets wetter in that there is more moisture which translates into more rain. The only question is where will the increased rain fall, that is a really important question and I think that most who predict disaster are just trying to get some political mileage out of it, as in "elect me and I'll fix it." when in fact they are just going to wait and see what happens. if it works out for the good, they are heroes, if it doesn't work out so good, the voting public has a very short memory.
For me doc, if the scientists can't get the local daily weather forecasts right (which is always over 90% of the time), then why should I trust what's said about climate which is much harder to predict?

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

PhilX 🇺🇸
If it doesn't 'work out so good' then all of our worries will be over, including those of the denying fuckwits.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:35 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:27 am The 'freedom' I have comes from the successive Govts. we have chosen. A lot of it has been lost, of course, since your shit-head country wrecked all those ME countries and sucked the rest of the world into its pathetic paranoia.
You have the freedom to choose your government because soldiers from my Shit-head country fought to keep your country free from the Nazi's and the communists. But then I'm sure that you are very comfortable speaking Deutsch and Russian.
You are such a brainwashed drone. I don't recall this country being attacked by either Nazis OR Communists. Or asking for your 'help' for anything. But I DO recall Poland and co. being tossed under the bus and 'gifted' to Stalin (after Hitler freely used Poland as an extermination base). Stalin had been murdering his own people for years. He was also a 'Communist', which you allegedly despise. And your 'secret services' have been murdering and deposing world leaders for yonks, when it suits you (i.e. when it involves oil), so I'm pretty sure it could have managed to do the same with a not terribly intelligent strutting buffoon who loved driving around in open cars and wandering amongst his worshippers--not a lot of security back then. The truth is that your country didn't give a flying fuck about Hitler, or his victims. Nor did GB.
I have always been curious too, how it is that sending your thugs to go and murder innocent people in their own countries, people who have never done any harm to you, could somehow increase your 'freedom factor'. Could you explain how that works please?
vegetariantaxidermy

@mostcertainlynotaDoc

So you can't explain it. It's just something you repeat, as a drone, without actually thinking about it. I get it. I knew that anyway.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:12 pm

PhilX 🇺🇸
For me doc, if the scientists can't get the local daily weather forecasts right (which is always over 90% of the time), then why should I trust what's said about climate which is much harder to predict?

PhilX 🇺🇸
Climatology is a corrupted model of science. The topic gives science a bad name.
- Given the known patterns of the ice ages, mankind's release of sun energy stored in the planet could well be acting as God’s unwitting agent in delaying the next cycle of life attrition on the planet.
- Although logic indicates that everyone on the Asian continent and subcontinents simultaneously leaping off the planet could theoretically tweak the orbit, science indicates that anything at the bottom of the atmosphere still counts on the scales.
- The effects of leaping exuberance upon continental drift is less predictable, and the horrors of rising seas pale in comparison to the puzzle pieces that have drifted through the hemispheres. If this sounds riddlesome, just take a gander at these headlines:

- Temperatures plunge after BoM orders fix
- The Australian
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nationa ... 1502178659

- Media’s silence of the climate scams
- The Australian
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion ... 917e6566b2
vegetariantaxidermy

An excellent argument for why religion (and especially religious American kkkristians) is an evil blight on humanity. ↑↑↑

The perennial ice is the ice that survives the summer melt. You can see how it's rapidly disappearing.

Not that the cup of slop you call a 'brain' could ever grasp the significance.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Philosophy Explorer

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:29 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:12 pm

PhilX 🇺🇸
Climatology is a corrupted model of science. The topic gives science a bad name.
- Given the known patterns of the ice ages, mankind's release of sun energy stored in the planet could well be acting as God’s unwitting agent in delaying the next cycle of life attrition on the planet.
- Although logic indicates that everyone on the Asian continent and subcontinents simultaneously leaping off the planet could theoretically tweak the orbit, science indicates that anything at the bottom of the atmosphere still counts on the scales.
- The effects of leaping exuberance upon continental drift is less predictable, and the horrors of rising seas pale in comparison to the puzzle pieces that have drifted through the hemispheres. If this sounds riddlesome, just take a gander at these headlines:

- Temperatures plunge after BoM orders fix
- The Australian
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nationa ... 1502178659

- Media’s silence of the climate scams
- The Australian
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion ... 917e6566b2
I just want to add that I studied chemistry in college and learned that unwarranted assumptions occur in science. Later, in the sales field, I learned that many unwarranted assumptions were made and I made my own discoveries that boosted my sales.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:28 am An excellent argument for why religion (and especially religious American kkkristians) is an evil blight on humanity. ↑↑↑

Just another fantasy of yours that you cooked up. Not that the cup of slop you call a 'brain' could ever grasp the significance.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:35 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:28 am An excellent argument for why religion (and especially religious American kkkristians) is an evil blight on humanity. ↑↑↑

Just another fantasy of yours that you cooked up. Not that the cup of slop you call a 'brain' could ever grasp the significance.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Drop dead you disgusting waste of resources.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:44 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:35 pm

PhilX 🇺🇸
Drop dead you disgusting waste of resources.
What's the matter blubberbrain? Another fantasy of yours?

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Well I heard you're as old as Methuselah so it probably won't be that long. :D
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:54 pm Well I heard you're as old as Methuselah so it probably won't be that long. :D
Plenty of experience and knowledge there (btw age only makes me more attractive to the females).

So your big fantasy is to see me die. :lol: :lol: :lol: Won't happen in your short lifetime. Is this your best philosophy?

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:04 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:54 pm Well I heard you're as old as Methuselah so it probably won't be that long. :D
Plenty of experience and knowledge there (btw age only makes me more attractive to the females).

So your big fantasy is to see me die. :lol: :lol: :lol: Won't happen in your short lifetime. Is this your best philosophy?

PhilX 🇺🇸
I don't make a habit of 'fantasising', unlike you with your fantasy that your blow-up Suzies are attracted to you.