Should we get rid of football and other contact sports?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

uwot

Re: Should we get rid of football and other contact sports?

Post by uwot »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:38 pm
uwot wrote:Who has ever commenced a war without buying the resources to do so?
So what?

PhilX 🇺🇸
Well, if you want to fire a gun, you first have to buy one.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:42 pmThe current administration is an excellent example of not reacting to sentiment of all types. For example withdrawing from the Paris climate accords.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Really? What information do you have regarding the popular belief of Americans on that issue?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:51 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:38 pm
uwot wrote:Who has ever commenced a war without buying the resources to do so?
So what?

PhilX 🇺🇸
Well, if you want to fire a gun, you first have to buy one.
Does that mean the gun manufacturer tells the leaders who to go after and when to start a war?

PhilX 🇺🇸
uwot

Post by uwot »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:59 pmDoes that mean the gun manufacturer tells the leaders who to go after and when to start a war?

PhilX 🇺🇸
It depends on the relationship between the gun manufacturers and the leaders. Arms are big business, political leaders are not all without business interests.
Philosophy Explorer

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:56 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:42 pmThe current administration is an excellent example of not reacting to sentiment of all types. For example withdrawing from the Paris climate accords.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Really? What information do you have regarding the popular belief of Americans on that issue?
It's been all over the news.

PhilX 🇺🇸
uwot

Post by uwot »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:35 pm
uwot wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:56 pm Really? What information do you have regarding the popular belief of Americans on that issue?

PhilX 🇺🇸
It might help the conversation if you were to appreciate that I don't get the same news as you do. Could you refer me to some specific news?
Philosophy Explorer

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:45 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:35 pm
uwot wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:56 pm Really? What information do you have regarding the popular belief of Americans on that issue?

PhilX 🇺🇸
It might help the conversation if you were to appreciate that I don't get the same news as you do. Could you refer me to some specific news?
How do you know that you don't get the same news as I do? A quick check in the internet would bring it up.

PhilX 🇺🇸
uwot

Post by uwot »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:54 pm How do you know that you don't get the same news as I do? A quick check in the internet would bring it up.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Well, I'm not party to the information that you describe as "all over the news", by which you can apparently delineate politics and business. I'm happy to research; where, to draw the conclusions you have, do you recommend I start?
Philosophy Explorer

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:04 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:54 pm How do you know that you don't get the same news as I do? A quick check in the internet would bring it up.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Well, I'm not party to the information that you describe as "all over the news", by which you can apparently delineate politics and business. I'm happy to research; where, to draw the conclusions you have, do you recommend I start?
Start with Trump administration and the Paris climate Accord.

PhilX 🇺🇸
uwot

Post by uwot »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:06 pmStart with Trump administration and the Paris climate Accord.

PhilX 🇺🇸
OK. Where?
Philosophy Explorer

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:10 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:06 pmStart with Trump administration and the Paris climate Accord.

PhilX 🇺🇸
OK. Where?
Google search.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Philosophy Explorer

This article just came up on Flipboard:

https://futurism.com/al-gore-the-trump- ... efensible/

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

thedoc wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:35 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:27 am The 'freedom' I have comes from the successive Govts. we have chosen. A lot of it has been lost, of course, since your shit-head country wrecked all those ME countries and sucked the rest of the world into its pathetic paranoia.
You have the freedom to choose your government because soldiers from my Shit-head country fought to keep your country free from the Nazi's and the communists. But then I'm sure that you are very comfortable speaking Deutsch and Russian.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:50 pm
thedoc wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:35 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:27 am The 'freedom' I have comes from the successive Govts. we have chosen. A lot of it has been lost, of course, since your shit-head country wrecked all those ME countries and sucked the rest of the world into its pathetic paranoia.
You have the freedom to choose your government because soldiers from my Shit-head country fought to keep your country free from the Nazi's and the communists. But then I'm sure that you are very comfortable speaking Deutsch and Russian.
You are such a brainwashed dipshit drone. I don't recall this country being attacked by either Nazis OR Communists. Or asking for your 'help' for anything. But I DO recall Poland and co. being tossed under the bus and 'given' to Stalin (after Hitler freely used Poland as an extermination base).
I have always been curious too, how it is that sending your thugs to go and murder innocent people in their own countries, who have never done any harm to you, could somehow increase your 'freedom factor'. Could you explain how that works please?
It was Hitler's invasion of Poland that started WW2.

PhilX 🇺🇸
uwot

Post by uwot »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:42 pm This article just came up on Flipboard:

https://futurism.com/al-gore-the-trump- ... efensible/

PhilX 🇺🇸
So what point do you wish to defend? And what are you citing to that end? It's good to explore, but do you have no opinion?