Gustav's farewell

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

uwot

Re: Gustav's farewell

Post by uwot »

Wanker wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:38 pm Since it’s your assumption, why should the fate of Paris frighten anyone?
I have no idea what you are talking about, we have that in common. I assume nothing about Paris; I know it well.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Walker wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:38 pm Since it’s your assumption, why should the fate of Paris frighten anyone?
it sure bothered Achilles...

-Imp
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Impenitent wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:37 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:38 pm Since it’s your assumption, why should the fate of Paris frighten anyone?
it sure bothered Achilles...

-Imp
Paris was aware of his impending doom and was afraid, Achilles wasn't aware of his own mortality and was not afraid.
Walker

Post by Walker »

No Go Zones for women in France
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y597ZkuhhsA
Walker

Post by Walker »

No-Go Zones: Lawless areas do exist and increasing in France - police
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmZRGjLZt_M

French police warn 'no-go zones' a reality despite PM’s denial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-01YeHnrAc
Walker

Post by Walker »

uwot wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:42 pm
I have no idea what you are talking about, we have that in common. I assume nothing about Paris; I know it well.
No doubt that despite your fears, you do well know your assumptions and wishes for the way the world should be.
uwot

Post by uwot »

youtube? Oh dear.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Shirley, you jest. Tom, Dick, or Harry may soon have the capacity to seamlessly alter video in ways other than attritubution of false time and place, but for now special interests must be content with slanting wikki, perhaps even from the sanctuary of wickiups. For instance, Shirley vous has already innuendoly attempted to make the definition of no-go zones contingent on the presence of Sharia Law, which could well be the case but is a bit of footnote when compared to the progressive policies that opened the floodgates for nature to take its course, what with all those helpless women and children influxing … err, make that healthy young men invading. Of course, looking for the better life to live the dream.

Face2Face: Real-time Face Capture and Reenactment of RGB Videos (CVPR 2016 Oral)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohmajJTcpNk
uwot

Post by uwot »

Walker wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:08 pm Shirley, you jest. Tom, Dick, or Harry may soon have the capacity to seamlessly alter video in ways other than attritubution of false time and place, but for now special interests must be content with slanting wikki, perhaps even from the sanctuary of wickiups. For instance, Shirley vous has already innuendoly attempted to make the definition of no-go zones contingent on the presence of Sharia Law, which could well be the case but is a bit of footnote when compared to the progressive policies that opened the floodgates for nature to take its course, what with all those helpless women and children influxing … err, make that healthy young men invading. Of course, looking for the better life to live the dream.

Face2Face: Real-time Face Capture and Reenactment of RGB Videos (CVPR 2016 Oral)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohmajJTcpNk
Tell you what; if you put that in English, I'll have a go at responding.
Walker

Post by Walker »

It exits as an unchangeable monolith to be comprehended in toto.
To change it is to make it other than what it is.
The listener disturbs the sound, not the other way around.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Walker wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:37 pm It exits as an unchangeable monolith to be comprehended in toto.
Well, given that in its current form it exists as an incomprehensible word salad, to make it other than what it is might be a good thing.
Walker wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:37 pmThe listener disturbs the sound, not the other way around.
You're doing it again. I suspect you fear being readable, as that would confirm the shallow gibberish of your thoughts, which everyone assumes.
Walker

Post by Walker »

uwot wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:35 am
Walker wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:37 pm It exits as an unchangeable monolith to be comprehended in toto.
Well, given that in its current form it exists as an incomprehensible word salad, to make it other than what it is might be a good thing.
Walker wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:37 pmThe listener disturbs the sound, not the other way around.
You're doing it again. I suspect you fear being readable, as that would confirm the shallow gibberish of your thoughts, which everyone assumes.
You’ll get over it even with all the clinging to your incomprehension.

In a totalitarian atmosphere of censorship, where one’s writings can arbitrarily vanish, I’ll write what I please, and you’ll just have to either keep bitching, start understanding, or stfu about it.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Walker wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:29 amYou’ll get over it even with all the clinging to your incomprehension.
I rather think it is you clinging to incomprehensibility.
Walker

Post by Walker »

uwot wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:34 am
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:29 amYou’ll get over it even with all the clinging to your incomprehension.
I rather think it is you clinging to incomprehensibility.
I think it's beneath you to continue with the **** act.

(Looks like the forum doesn't like that word. Use your imagination.)

I suppose what you ignore is what you understand.

So to repeat:

In a totalitarian atmosphere of censorship, where one’s writings can arbitrarily vanish, I’ll write what I please, and you’ll just have to either keep bitching, start understanding, or stfu about it.

You're good with the bitching. Try out the other two.

Savvy that?
uwot

Post by uwot »

Walker wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:36 amI think it's beneath you to continue with the **** act.
No it isn't.
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:36 amIn a totalitarian atmosphere of censorship, where one’s writings can arbitrarily vanish, I’ll write what I please, and you’ll just have to either keep bitching, start understanding, or stfu about it.

You're good with the bitching. Try out the other two.

Savvy that?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.