How would you cheer up Harbal?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

uwot

Re:

Post by uwot »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:46 pmKeep in mind what I posted...tease out the very obvious meaning...then hand me my petard.
The thing with guns, spears, knifes and fists, is that, on a one to one level, you have to be prepared for the consequences of using them. On a grander scale, you have to be certain that the people you give them to (not fists, so much) will point them in the direction you wish. Most people need a very good reason to use violence, and there are plenty of examples of combatants turning on the people who armed them in the first place, because the given reason for violence wasn't very good. Sometimes the pen really is mightier than the sword.
Harbal

Re:

Post by Harbal »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:28 pm I think -- instead of hikin' twelve miles -- you mebbe walked twelve feet (to the fridge).
Whatever can you mean, henwy kwirk?
Dubious

Re: Re:

Post by Dubious »

Harbal wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:26 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:28 pm I think -- instead of hikin' twelve miles -- you mebbe walked twelve feet (to the fridge).
Whatever can you mean, henwy kwirk?
You clearly have no appreciation for Ozark English!
Harbal

Re: Re:

Post by Harbal »

Dubious wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:45 pm You clearly have no appreciation for Ozark English!
It doesn't look like it. :?
Dalek Prime

Re: How would you cheer up Harbal?

Post by Dalek Prime »

How's about a nice puppet show? That's always good for a giggle....

(What do you mean you hate puppets, Harbal!? See if I try to cheer you up again...)
Walker

Post by Walker »

Funny instant karma.

This is what can happen outside the campus safe zone.
https://youtu.be/w8uyGJzwo58

To pass licensed inspection, ethics analysis:
Life, which is the measure of all things, made the action in the video appropriate to the circumstance. Other circumstances would make the same action inappropriate and thus, punishable by justice in whatever karmic form that may take. By the same measure, evil can be found in stupidity.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:21 pm Funny instant karma.

This is what can happen outside the campus safe zone.
https://youtu.be/w8uyGJzwo58

To pass licensed inspection, ethics analysis:
Life, which is the measure of all things, made the action in the video appropriate to the circumstance. Other circumstances would make the same action inappropriate and thus, punishable by justice in whatever karmic form that may take. By the same measure, evil can be found in stupidity.
Obviously not the US because the people are too civilised and the attendant would be dead.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:42 pm Obviously not the US because the people are too civilised and the attendant would be dead.
You may be right about the location. That generation of Americans has been conditioned from the cradle to believe that smoking is evil, thus the stupid action of smoking at gas stations is less likely to appear. Those youngsters who were fire-extinguished could have been Dreamers in sanctuary, receiving the intended compassion of preferential government perks at the expense of citizens, oblivious to local customs and childhood conditioning such as non-littering and smoking laws, but that’s not likely. The license plates don’t look to be from the US of A.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

Harbal needs to go on a road trip to Trondheim, cooking steaks over his engine as he goes, eating on the roadside, and once he gets there, he can look at the ice in the sea, and the Northern Lights above.

Shhhhhhhh..... no telling.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

At least harbal had a wife...which is more than I ever had...
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:38 pm Men with guns tend to be stupid.
But women with guns are just geniuses right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D2QrT7yYYE
I think people who make blanket statements are stupid.

I think a more true statement is, lots of men and women tend to be stupid. Period. And if you were smart you'd buy a gun, because smart people desire power, and its stupid to intentionally throw away power, also because only someone who is stupid would accidentally shoot themselves with a gun, or be so stupid as to let their child have access to the gun. Also its stupid to irrationally fear a tube that shoots metal objects, like some primitive cave dweller would declare it a magical god item. It's a tube that pushes metal objects at a high speed, get over it.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

Just like my penis
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Put Harbal in a round room and tell him there is a nickel in the corner, that will keep him busy for a few hours.
henry quirk

HA!

Post by henry quirk »

:lol:
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Harbal, why do you need cheering up?