How would you cheer up Harbal?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

EchoesOfTheHorizon

Re: How would you cheer up Harbal?

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

His wife left him, and made him do all the moving in order to sell the house. He now lives in a van overlooking the sea, doing oil paintings of birds flying.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:44 pm His wife left him, and made him do all the moving in order to sell the house. He now lives in a van overlooking the sea, doing oil paintings of birds flying.
Then why does he need cheering up?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

artisticsolution wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:54 pm
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:44 pm His wife left him, and made him do all the moving in order to sell the house. He now lives in a van overlooking the sea, doing oil paintings of birds flying.
Check the OP and comments to it.

PhilX 🇺🇸
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:08 pm

PhilX 🇺🇸
I did. Am I missing something? Is it too detailed to go into? Do you know how to explain it or is it too complicated ?
Philosophy Explorer

artisticsolution wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:18 pm

PhilX 🇺🇸
I did. Am I missing something? Is it too detailed to go into? Do you know how to explain it or is it too complicated ?
No. On a different thread, Harbal complained he wasn't getting enough response to his threads (whether you choose to believe him or not is another matter). It's as simple as that (note that he hasn't been around).

PhilX 🇺🇸
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

I agree, there isn't anything in that description that would make him sad.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:25 pm

PhilX 🇺🇸
No. On a different thread, Harbal complained he wasn't getting enough response to his threads (whether you choose to believe him or not is another matter). It's as simple as that (note that he hasn't been around).

PhilX 🇺🇸
If that is true, Harbal is taking this forum much too seriously, he should treat it as a mild diversion from his daily activity.
Philosophy Explorer

thedoc wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:29 pm

PhilX 🇺🇸
If that is true, Harbal is taking this forum much too seriously, he should treat it as a mild diversion from his daily activity.
He's probably a candidate for philosophical counseling.

PhilX 🇺🇸
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:38 pm
thedoc wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:29 pm

PhilX 🇺🇸
He's probably a candidate for philosophical counseling.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Do you know anyone who isn't?