Moderators: AMod, iMod

marjoram_blues

Acid drops are evil

Post by marjoram_blues »

True or False ?
uwot

Re: Acid drops are evil

Post by uwot »

No, but hundreds and thousands are a bit naughty.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Depends on the trip as some are good and some are bad but you never know till you actually take one
Walker

Post by Walker »

Mix them up with eye drops and you'll go blind.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Could a lolly possibly have a more unappetising name? It's a wonder any have ever sold. So much for the American obsession with 'marketing' and all those trendy noddy non-degrees, People will buy what they want to buy.
There is a delicious English sweet called a lemon bon bon. Very delicate flavour. I worked with an English woman who introduced me to them. Very expensive here though.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

uwot wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:58 pm No, but hundreds and thousands are a bit naughty.
:)
Oh, I see what you did there, noughty uwot !
Don't you just hate the wee silvery balls...
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:11 pm
Depends on the trip as some are good and some are bad but you never know till you actually take one
So, you have had a subjective experience ?
What about the observers on the trip - can they tell - would a photograph help ?
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Walker wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:44 pm Mix them up with eye drops and you'll go blind.
I first read that as 'mix them up with eye balls' - ( another kind of sweet ! ) - and yes, always good to wear your specs and read the contents, instructions and potential side-effects. Too much sugar...can make you go blind...
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:44 pm Could a lolly possibly have a more unappetising name? It's a wonder any have ever sold. So much for the American obsession with 'marketing' and all those trendy noddy non-degrees, People will buy what they want to buy.
There is a delicious English sweet called a lemon bon bon. Very delicate flavour. I worked with an English woman who introduced me to them. Very expensive here though.
I could tell you a story about that word 'lolly' and the confusion it generated in a Dundee sweet shop.
Bon bons are doubly good 8)
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

marjoram_blues wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:38 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:44 pm Could a lolly possibly have a more unappetising name? It's a wonder any have ever sold. So much for the American obsession with 'marketing' and all those trendy noddy non-degrees, People will buy what they want to buy.
I could tell you a story about that word 'lolly' and the confusion it generated in a Dundee sweet shop.
Bon bons are doubly good 8)
Come to think of it I think it ends with 'ie' and I think it might exist only in the plural. So what do you call one then? :?
uwot

Post by uwot »

marjoram_blues wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:26 am
uwot wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:58 pm No, but hundreds and thousands are a bit naughty.
:)
Oh, I see what you did there, noughty uwot !
Don't you just hate the wee silvery balls...
marjoram_blues!
Actually, why anyone should wish to eat something that looks like, tastes likes and is as apt to break your teeth as a ball bearing, has always been a mystery.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

uwot wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:06 pm apt to break your teeth
Not to mention rot them. Even so, I've eaten my fair share of them.