Stephen Hawkins has outlived his usefulness.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Re: Stephen Hawkins has outlived his usefulness.

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:38 pm
Harbal wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:32 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:24 pm How lovely, to have the cream of American intelligentsia together in three consecutive posts.
It could be a sign of something, like when certain heavenly bodies align in astrology. Bob would probably know, what with him being a prophet.
You might be onto something. Bob hardly ever posts on others' threads. 'When the three fools of the evil empire gather....'
I can safely disregard the retarded words of the queen of bitch. :lol: 🇺🇸

PhilX
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:47 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:38 pm
Harbal wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:32 pm
It could be a sign of something, like when certain heavenly bodies align in astrology. Bob would probably know, what with him being a prophet.
You might be onto something. Bob hardly ever posts on others' threads. 'When the three fools of the evil empire gather....'
I can safely disregard the retarded words of the queen of bitch. :lol: 🇺🇸

PhilX
Did VT just call Harbal a fool, along with the other persona's of his split personality? I didn't know he was an emperor.
Greta

Post by Greta »

thedoc wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:53 am Stephen Hawkins has outlived his usefulness, it seems that his ALS is effecting his brain, he is no longer able to think clearly.
I see the public brainstorming that Stephen Hawking engages in as positive. When brainstorming, being right is less important than generating content. SH raises issues and then people think about it. Mission accomplished. He's simply encouraging big picture thought about issues of interest to him and others.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

thedoc wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:44 pm
bobevenson wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:08 pm An absolute pronouncement like that could only come from an ersatz sheriff with a tin badge.
Just curious do you know what "ersatz" means or are you just using words you don't understand again.
I know ersatz when I see it, and you're as phony as a Barnum & Bailey world!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

thedoc wrote: So you are a useless bleeding heart liberal, "We just gotta help those people," whether they want help or not.

As long as we can use someone else's money to help.
How very Christian of you.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

seeds wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:08 pm _______

I suggest that Hawking’s longevity is probably based on his own personal will to stay alive.

Think about it. He receives the unbridled respect and adulation of the world’s most brilliant scientists and physicists, and he no doubt feels that he is still able to contribute something important to the field of cosmology.

Now compare that to the utter despair that the average person with ALS must feel.

To have your fully functional mind trapped in a literal prison of flesh whose feeding, cleaning, and waste removal, must be tended to by others, must be unimaginably depressing.

Therefore, without some good reason to persevere (as in Hawking’s case), surely one would welcome the escape of death, not only for yourself, but to relieve your loved ones of the burden of dealing with your situation.

Just a guess.
_______
And a bad one really. He's an outlier of his disease that's all.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

thedoc wrote:That just demonstrates how wrong you are about this and just about everything else. I hope Stephen Hawkings lives for many more years, I'm just wondering how he does it.
Read the link I posted and it'll tell you.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

thedoc wrote:That just demonstrates how wrong you are about this and just about everything else. I hope Stephen Hawkings lives for many more years, I'm just wondering how he does it.
Who the fuck is Stephen Hawkings?