Computer game addiction

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Above us only sky

Computer game addiction

Post by Above us only sky »

i like playing computer game, but i often found myself 'overplaying' it. for example, i plan to play the game on only on saturday but i will found myself playing it from saturday to sunday.

whenever i enter my own room and see my computer i will have the urge to play it. did you experience something similar, how did you overcome it?
Harbal

Re: Computer game addiction

Post by Harbal »

Above us only sky wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:38 am for example, i plan to play the game on only on saturday but i will found myself playing it from saturday to sunday.
Just plan to play the game on Sunday then.
whenever i enter my own room and see my computer i will have the urge to play it
Try putting your computer in someone else's room.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Is it affecting any other aspect of your life? If not then why worry about it.

If it is then think about the worries and whether you want them more.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

All computer games are just different ways of playing with yourself.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:39 pm All computer games are just different ways of playing with yourself.
You should know. You're the expert at this. :lol:

PhilX
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:39 pm All computer games are just different ways of playing with yourself.
Time to get with the times bob as computer games nowadays are very much about playing with others.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:24 pm
Time to get with the times bob as computer games nowadays are very much about playing with others.
They're still just basically playing with themselves; it's not like they're playing the ultimate game.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

bobevenson wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:41 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:24 pm
They're still just basically playing with themselves; it's not like they're playing the ultimate game.
So far that was only ever played by one man, with himself, right?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

You can't play Ouzo by yourself, you can only work out the rules.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:27 pm You can't play Ouzo by yourself, you can only work out the rules.
Bob reminds me of this joke:

One weekend there was a family gathering. Come nighttime everybody went to their rooms to go to sleep.
A little boy though was curious about the house so he went wandering around. He comes to this room down the hallway and looks in and sees his dad. He asks "What's going on?" and his dad responds "I'm playing poker" and the boy asks "Who's that?" and his dad says
"That's my partner" and the boy said "all right" and closes the door. Further down the hall, the little boy comes to another room, looks in and sees his brother with a girl. So he asks "What's going on?" and his brother responds "I'm playing poker" so the boy asks "Who's that?" and his brother responds "That's my partner" and the boy closes the door and moves on.

So the little boy comes to more rooms, sees the same sort of things going on, asks the same questions and gets the same answers. Finally, all the way at the end of the hallway, the little boy comes to this room, opens the door and sees Grandpa in there all by himself. So the little boy asks "What's going on?" and his Grandpa says
"I'm playing poker" so the little boy asks "Where's your partner?" and Grandpa responds "When you have a good hand, who needs a partner?!!!"

PhilX
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:They're still just basically playing with themselves; it's not like they're playing the ultimate game.
No they're not bob, they're playing amongst themselves.

The ultimate game is life bob.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

You know darn well that Ouzo is the ultimate game, but first you have to understand it, which decidedly limits your appreciation of the game.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

There's sod all else to play with. :D
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Above us only sky wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:38 am i like playing computer game, but i often found myself 'overplaying' it. for example, i plan to play the game on only on saturday but i will found myself playing it from saturday to sunday.

whenever i enter my own room and see my computer i will have the urge to play it. did you experience something similar, how did you overcome it?
I never try to overcome what I like and want to do. If you want to train to become an astronaut do that too.

What ever you want to do, just do it, as long as your not hurting another person. Your life right now is an experience you are never going to have again. So do what you want, it's your party, and nothing wrong with how you choose to party, you are perfect just as you are, play with yourself, you are all you've got. Everyone else is playing with themselves too. We're all unique, live your life like everyday is your last, dare to be different, because nature doesn't make copies, always be yourself, everyone else is taken, be wary of those who try to squeeze you into a spacesuit that doesn't fit you.

Be wary of people wanting you to be their plaything, they will only use you, not give you anything. You are the only one who can entertain yourself, other people are not your friends, only you are your best friend, you stay in your life, other people do not. Like yourself, and like what you do. You do not need permission to be yourself, neither do you have to prove your worth, because nothing is here to define you, except you.

Have fun and play like an innocent child...you are a long time dead.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:25 am Your life right now is an experience you are never going to have again. So do what you want, it's your party, and nothing wrong with how you choose to party, you are perfect just as you are, play with yourself, you are all you've got. Everyone else is playing with themselves too. We're all unique, live your life like everyday is your last, dare to be different, because nature doesn't make copies, always be yourself, everyone else is taken, be wary of those who try to squeeze you into a spacesuit that doesn't fit you.

Be wary of people wanting you to be their plaything, they will only use you, not give you anything. You are the only one who can entertain yourself, other people are not your friends, only you are your best friend, you stay in your life, other people do not. Like yourself, and like what you do. You do not need permission to be yourself, neither do you have to prove your worth, because nothing is here to define you, except you.

Have fun and play like an innocent child...you are a long time dead.
Did someone give you a box of fortune cookies?
What ever you want to do, just do it, as long as your not hurting another person.
He wants to cut down on his game playing, you fool, the last thing he needs is some idiot encouraging him to do more of it.