How to make a good self_study plan?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Above us only sky

How to make a good self_study plan?

Post by Above us only sky »

hHow to make a good self_study plan?

Recently i am in a long vocation and i plan to use this holiday as a self study period, but i find it difficult to make a self study plan because first of all i don't know what book is important and what is not since there are so many books in a library, and randomly choose a book to read can be a waste of time if the book you have chosen may not be that important or it was poorly writen. secondly it can be very boring to stay in a library for a whole day even though i find a book to read.

Any advice? :)
Last edited by Above us only sky on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impenitent

Re: how to make a good self_study plan?

Post by Impenitent »

get a mirror...

-Imp
Above us only sky

Impenitent wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:11 am get a mirror...

-Imp
what do you mean?
Above us only sky

Re: How to make a good self_study plan?

well, i'm not that narcissistic as you think :shock:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Above us only sky wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:08 am well, i'm not that narcissistic as you think :shock:
I think he meant that if you want to study yourself a mirror would be a good piece of equipment with which to observe your subject.
Above us only sky

Harbal wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:39 am
Above us only sky wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:08 am well, i'm not that narcissistic as you think :shock:
I think he meant that if you want to study yourself a mirror would be a good piece of equipment with which to observe your subject.
:shock:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:39 am
Mirrors that would be of interest to someone who want to know themself would be mind mirrors. Really good novels and plays can be mind mirrors. Really good novels and plays are more engaging than psychology books.

Really good novels and plays don't lead to narcissism because when they are really good their themes are human nature. The individual understands others besides themselves.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-of- ... psychology
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Above us only sky wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:03 am hHow to make a good self_study plan?

Recently i am in a long vocation and i plan to use this holiday as a self study period, but i find it difficult to make a self study plan because first of all i don't know what book is important and what is not since there are so many books in a library, and randomly choose a book to read can be a waste of time if the book you have chosen may not be that important or it was poorly writen. secondly it can be very boring to stay in a library for a whole day even though i find a book to read.

Any advice? :)
Do you mean a self-directed learning plan?
If so, there is plenty of information online re How to create a plan which suits you and your interests.
Mostly, Imp is right, you need to look at yourself first; have a clear goal - achievable in whatever time limit you give yourself.
Self-motivation is key.

My own opinion, for what it is worth - enjoy your holiday. Relax. Reflect. Browse through any bookstore or charity shop in the categories which attract your attention. Make it fun, rather than a chore.
But then again, books are not just for holidays 8)
Walker

Post by Walker »

But then again, books are not just for holidays 8)
Books are used for lots of things, including book burning, which in addition to staying warm in winter emergency or summer hypothermia, is a symbolic act of censorship in the digital age, just as flag-burning is a symbolic act of disaffectation.

Books can also be used in lieu of leaves, in a pinch.

The ancient secrets were lost when Alexandria burned. One wonders if a gaggle of do-gooders was behind that particular bonfire of the vanities.

:lol:
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Above us only sky wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:45 am
Impenitent wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:11 am get a mirror...

-Imp
what do you mean?
Lol!