Missing a few people

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Re: Missing a few people

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:17 am I think Hobbes threw a wobbly after being temporarily banned 'again' because of PE's immaturity.
Correction. Due to your immaturity (including OCD).

PhilX
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Walker wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:06 pm
marjoram_blues wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:46 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:21 pm Missing the absent?
Why the question mark ?
Obviously the thread topic requires clarification.
Another instance of spontaneous eejitry, you.
uwot

Post by uwot »

marjoram_blues wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:37 pmSo sorry to hear that, uwot. I hope you have plenty of support around you. Consider yourself mightily hugged. And yes, there is a bitter-sweetness to this dying thing. Missing. Losing. And yet, a new beginning...of sorts...
Stay strong.
It was how I was brought up. Actually, she left bit by bit, in a way. That made it easier, I suppose. The worst thing she suffered from was exasperation at still being here; she knew her time was up.
Thanks for the splendid hug, by the way.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

uwot wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:45 am
marjoram_blues wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:37 pmSo sorry to hear that, uwot. I hope you have plenty of support around you. Consider yourself mightily hugged. And yes, there is a bitter-sweetness to this dying thing. Missing. Losing. And yet, a new beginning...of sorts...
Stay strong.
It was how I was brought up. Actually, she left bit by bit, in a way. That made it easier, I suppose. The worst thing she suffered from was exasperation at still being here; she knew her time was up.
Thanks for the splendid hug, by the way.
I think 'exasperation' is probably an understatement. In some cases, the psychological/mental pain must be as severe as any physical. And yet, what support/relief is there. A lot would seem to depend on the way we are brought up; our philosophy of life, including death.
I remember Mum speaking to a doctor, telling him she was not afraid of death but concerned about the way she would die. This, in her final weeks - after a prolonged period of 'dying' bit by bit when she showed great strength of character.
Do we even realise when we are dying; is it a case of not wanting to focus on what we are losing, but continuing a life-long philosophy of being strong and positive. Or putting on a 'show' so as not to bring others down...or to teach dying skills...
I could go on. However, I know that it brings up all kinds of emotions - sorrow and anger; as well as relief and reflection/flashbacks.

Glad you enjoyed the hug.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

surreptitious57 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:11 am
I was wondering why he suddenly stopped posting given how prolific he has been

How's your health ?
And I think I found the other 'absentee' - not really so difficult if you follow the character traits...and level of passion regarding a certain subject.
And no, I won't be telling.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I was only guessing. I hope it's not a health thing too. Perhaps he's around here somewhere under a different name :)
Please he left in a high dudgeon once before but came back under another name and still it was obvious who he was. My take is that his cancer might have come back but lets hope not.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I was only guessing. I hope it's not a health thing too. Perhaps he's around here somewhere under a different name :)
Please he left in a high dudgeon once before but came back under another name and still it was obvious who he was. My take is that his cancer might have come back but lets hope not.
Yes indeed - let's hope not but I think it more or less a question of time - pretty much inevitable. I did wonder whether he would be out there campaigning for JC...
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

marjoram_blues wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:06 am
Arising_uk wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 am Please he left in a high dudgeon once before but came back under another name and still it was obvious who he was. My take is that his cancer might have come back but lets hope not.
Yes indeed - let's hope not but I think it more or less a question of time - pretty much inevitable. I did wonder whether he would be out there campaigning for JC...
Sometimes cancer doesn't come back if you can guess what caused it in the first place, and avoid that cause.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

What's with having him in his grave already? He's probably busy sculpting.