General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Jaffa cakes are evil

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:43 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:37 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:25 pm

More babble and nonsense. Let me spell it out for you so that even you can understand. You don't know squat about the US as you've never been to my great country. You would know about food based on the experience of your own country. And being that you know about bad food based on the experience of your own country tells me and others that your country does bad food and bad cooking.

PhilX
Is 'chocolate bacon' an American idea or not? There are certain standards of good taste and excellence that are universally accepted. That's why there is such a thing as great chefs. Great composers. Great ballet dancers. Great singers. Great pianists....Chickenwire McMansions do not fall into the category of great architecture. There is a reason for this. They are a pile of shit.
As far as McDonald's goes, they're one of the world's most successful retail businesses so who are you to say they're not?

With chocolate bacon, if it pleasures people that's what really matters, not your personal opinions.

PhilX
If humans only catered to morons with no taste then we would still be cave dwellers.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:49 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:37 pm
Is 'chocolate bacon' an American idea or not? There are certain standards of good taste and excellence that are universally accepted. That's why there is such a thing as great chefs. Great composers. Great ballet dancers. Great singers. Great pianists....Chickenwire McMansions do not fall into the category of great architecture. There is a reason for this. They are a pile of shit.
As far as McDonald's goes, they're one of the world's most successful retail businesses so who are you to say they're not?

With chocolate bacon, if it pleasures people that's what really matters, not your personal opinions.

PhilX
If humans only catered to morons with no taste then we would still be cave dwellers.
"Tastes" are just mere opinions.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:53 pm

PhilX

PhilX
What do you think people are doing when they study architecture, or fine culinary skills? I don't think even you would call McDonald's fine dining. That's not a matter of taste, it's just a fact. It caters to the basic desire of humans to stuff their faces with fatty, sugary, unhealthy crap. Humans are always hungry, it's just that we have a lot more food at our disposal than we used to.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:59 pm

PhilX
What do you think people are doing when they study architecture, or fine culinary skills? I don't think even you would call McDonald's fine dining. That's not a matter of taste, it's just a fact. It caters to the basic desire of humans to stuff their faces with fatty, sugary, unhealthy crap. Humans are always hungry, it's just that we have a lot more food at our disposal than we used to.
I trust in the wisdom of the masses than I do with one who never has been to the US and is prejudiced toward my great country - I can't be prejudiced towards your country since you've never said what country you live in. I also trust in the health authorities who say McDonalds is safe and have never closed a single restaurant. Taste is just personal opinion - I go more by what my tongue says to me than the opinions of another. I don't care how famous a chef is - my tastes matter more. What matters most to me is my life and I know I have to eat to survive.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Pringles are delicious but they could do with a chicken flavour without embellishments.
All abominations! The only true Pringles come in a red-box.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 10:25 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Pringles are delicious but they could do with a chicken flavour without embellishments.
All abominations! The only true Pringles come in a red-box.
Truer words have never been spoken.
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 10:16 pm

PhilX
I trust in the wisdom of the masses than I do with one who never has been to the US and is prejudiced toward my great country - I can't be prejudiced towards your country since you've never said what country you live in. I also trust in the health authorities who say McDonalds is safe and have never closed a single restaurant. Taste is just personal opinion - I go more by what my tongue says to me than the opinions of another. I don't care how famous a chef is - my tastes matter more. What matters most to me is my life and I know I have to eat to survive.
Like talking to a brick wall. :roll: I didn't say anything about whether McDonald's tastes ok or not. But you have to admit, it's garbage. Just look at the adverts and then look at the real thing. Bullshit lying false advertising. And it's not difficult to make a hamburger look the way they do in the photos. I make hamburgers at home often, and they look better than the ones in McDonald's adverts. In fact, I don't know what the fuck they do to them to make them look so pathetic and unappetising.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 11:40 pm
Like talking to a brick wall. :roll: I didn't say anything about whether McDonald's tastes ok or not. But you have to admit, it's garbage. Just look at the adverts and then look at the real thing. Bullshit lying false advertising. And it's not difficult to make a hamburger look the way they do in the photos. I make hamburgers at home often, and they look better than the ones in McDonald's adverts. In fact, I don't know what the fuck they do to them to make them look so pathetic and unappetising.

Again your opinion. I've looked at the ads and I've eaten the real things which is far more appetizing than the ads.
False advertising. :lol: If that were so, the FDA and FCC would have taken McDonalds to court which never happened.

Whatever you do, don't put pictures of your hamburgers on here as that may cause me to throw up, Yuck.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:12 am

Again your opinion. I've looked at the ads and I've eaten the real things which is far more appetizing than the ads.
False advertising. :lol: If that were so, the FDA and FCC would have taken McDonalds to court which never happened.

Whatever you do, don't put pictures of your hamburgers on here as that may cause me to throw up, Yuck.

PhilX
Mentally retarded. All that McDonald's I suppose. :| Burger Kunt is even worse. No doubt you have a fierce loyalty to one or the other. :roll:

Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:34 am

PhilX
Mentally retarded. All that McDonald's I suppose. :| Burger Kunt is even worse. No doubt you have a fierce loyalty to one or the other. :roll:
I've eaten at Burger King too and that burger on the right isn't representative of what you get at the restaurant. This is to be expected from someone who isn't from the US and is prejudiced against my great country (I wonder which website you dug up that phony comparison from?)

With McDonalds those appear to be two entirely different burgers so which website did you dig that up from?

We both know pictures can be doctored up to make something look worse than it really is as well as look better than it really is (btw have you ever eaten at a McDonalds or Burger King?)

PhilX
Last edited by Philosophy Explorer on Mon May 29, 2017 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:46 am

PhilX
I've eaten at Burger King too and that burger on the right isn't representative of what you get at the restaurant. This is to be expected from someone who isn't from the US and is prejudiced against my great country (I wonder which website you dug up that phony comparison from?)

With McDonalds those appear to be two entirely different burgers so which website did you dig that up from?

PhilX
Do you think I haven't seen real McDonald's and Burger kunt 'food'? That's exactly what they look like. Why are you defending this blatant false advertising? You are such a simpleton.

And they are not restaurants. They are junk food assembly lines that happen to have seating. Restaurants have a chef. They prepare food and actually cook it on site. That's why you have to wait.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon May 29, 2017 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:52 am

PhilX
Do you think I haven't seen real McDonald's and Burger kunt 'food'? That's exactly what they look like. Why are you defending this blatant false advertising? You are such a simpleton.

Back to name calling, feeble minded? Is that the best you can do to make your points? Better take some philosophy classes and learn something.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:57 am

PhilX

Back to name calling, feeble minded? Is that the best you can do to make your points? Better take some philosophy classes and learn something.

PhilX
It's impossible not to with you. You are just so unbelievably clueless.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:00 am
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:57 am

PhilX
It's impossible not to with you. You are just so unbelievably clueless.
It's impossible is a false statement from you. Clueless about what? That you dredge up false comparisons from discredited websites that you're not naming (as well as not saying what country you're from). Like I said, my country is the greatest.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:16 am Like I said, my country is the greatest.

PhilX
The 'greatest' how? It's not even a complete statement. You never say in what way it's 'the greatest'.