Jaffa cakes are evil

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

marjoram_blues

Jaffa cakes are evil

Post by marjoram_blues »

and should be banned.
Yeah, and so should Pringles.

Comfort eating is a sin against flesh. It is a sign of weakness leading to doom and destruction.
It is a mental illness.
Why do we do it; when we know it is unhealthy, shows a distinct lack of willpower and then feel annoyed at self.
What are the most addictive foods ?
And how to stop...

Did they make Jaffa cakes smaller by any chance...
Necromancer

Re: Jaffa cakes are evil

Post by Necromancer »

I believe comfort eating is an early symptom of depression. IMO.

If so, it's surely serious! Disturbing that so many...?
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Necromancer wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 3:15 pm I believe comfort eating is an early symptom of depression. IMO.

If so, it's surely serious! Disturbing that so many...?
Disturbing indeed. I want to know how many Jaffa cakes I can kill. And in what period of time before I am committed to an asylum?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Well at least you don't get taxed for the cakes like you would if they were biscuits instead MB.

PhilX
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 6:08 pm Well at least you don't get taxed for the cakes like you would if they were biscuits instead MB.

PhilX
Well, I didn't know that. All praise be :)
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Pringles are delicious but they could do with a chicken flavour without embellishments.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 7:30 pm Pringles are delicious but they could do with a chicken flavour without embellishments.
What embellishments?
And do you have control over them, or do they control you?
I've just discovered a new ( for me ) concept: Hedonistic Hunger.
So, a pack of Pringles purely for pleasure means never having to say sorry. Apparently.
Nothing to do with lack of willpower; nope.
vegetariantaxidermy

marjoram_blues wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 7:58 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 7:30 pm Pringles are delicious but they could do with a chicken flavour without embellishments.
What embellishments?
So, a pack of Pringles purely for pleasure means never having to say sorry. Apparently.
Just chicken. Not 'chicken and herbs' or 'chicken taco' or whatever.
' Cinnamon Sugar' flavour. OMG. Must have been the Americans who came up with something so revolting for a potato chip.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:05 pm
What embellishments?
' Cinnamon Sugar' flavour. OMG. Must have been the Americans who came up with something so revolting for a potato chip.
No basis for that.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:10 pm

What embellishments?
No basis for that.

PhilX
I bet it's true though. Who else could come up with a culinary abomination like 'chocolate bacon'?
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:12 pm
No basis for that.

PhilX
I bet it's true though. Who else could come up with a culinary abomination like 'chocolate bacon'?
If it's true, then it's more likely true for your country.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:15 pm

No basis for that.

PhilX

PhilX
You do seem to have a problem with the concept of 'truth'. If something is true, a fact, happened, is happening, didn't happen... then whatever you think makes diddly squat of a difference, no matter how 'butt-hurt' it makes you.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:18 pm

PhilX
You do seem to have a problem with the concept of 'truth'. If something is true, a fact, happened, is happening, didn't happen... then whatever you think makes diddly squat of a difference, no matter how 'butt-hurt' it makes you.
More babble and nonsense. Let me spell it out for you so that even you can understand. You don't know squat about the US as you've never been to my great country. You would know about food based on the experience of your own country. And being that you know about bad food based on the experience of your own country tells me and others that your country does bad food and bad cooking.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:25 pm

PhilX
More babble and nonsense. Let me spell it out for you so that even you can understand. You don't know squat about the US as you've never been to my great country. You would know about food based on the experience of your own country. And being that you know about bad food based on the experience of your own country tells me and others that your country does bad food and bad cooking.

PhilX
Is 'chocolate bacon' an American idea or not? There are certain standards of good taste and excellence that are universally accepted. That's why there is such a thing as great chefs. Great composers. Great ballet dancers. Great singers. Great pianists....Chickenwire McMansions do not fall into the category of great architecture. There is a reason for this. They are a pile of shit.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:37 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:25 pm

PhilX
Is 'chocolate bacon' an American idea or not? There are certain standards of good taste and excellence that are universally accepted. That's why there is such a thing as great chefs. Great composers. Great ballet dancers. Great singers. Great pianists....Chickenwire McMansions do not fall into the category of great architecture. There is a reason for this. They are a pile of shit.
As far as McDonald's goes, they're one of the world's most successful retail businesses so who are you to say they're not?

With chocolate bacon, if it pleasures people that's what really matters, not your personal opinions.

PhilX