another pointless thread...existential grousing

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: another pointless thread...existential grousing

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 1:03 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Committing suicide means the person was insane? What are you basing that on? ...
On the idea that they weren't in a sane state of mind. I can think of a few situations where suicide might well be a viable option but in general if you live in the western world I think it a faintly ridiculous response to one's situation as you can just walk away or see a shrink.
And where did YOU go to find the 'information you wish'? ...
In the specific, books. In the general, BBC R4, Share Radio, the FT, the Times, the Grauniad, Bloomberg News, the BBC, the Evening Standard, RT News, Al Jazeera. There's a few others. And I trawl about some of the more unsavory sites far-left and far-right just to get a gist of the zeitgeist.
You seem to know a lot more about Facebook than I do.
Not through much use but through being in IT for much of my life.
I don't acknowledge corporate-speak. It's an indicator of low intelligence.
No idea what you are talking about here. Do you mean things like PCSJW?
You don't know very much do you. Have you had a very sheltered existence?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: You don't know very much do you. Have you had a very sheltered existence?
In what sense?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 2:25 am In what sense?
And that's where it all falls apart.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 4:34 am
Arising_uk wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 2:25 am In what sense?
And that's where it all falls apart.
From the poor, bullied poster who is so psychologically traumatised.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 2:25 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: You don't know very much do you. Have you had a very sheltered existence?
In what sense?
You dismiss clinical depression as something you can just 'walk away from' or get a quick cure of from a 'shrink'. What do you think shrinks do? They prescribe drugs and that's about it. PCSJW isn't corporate-speak. You use trendy jargon a lot. If you can give me a better or more succinct description of a PCSJW then feel free (with of course the same irony and insult value). Oh, and which 'books' told you that anyone who commits suicide is insane?
Walker

Post by Walker »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 3:15 pm
Walker wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:46 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:30 pm
So called bullying, of a verbal nature, is only ever bullying, when there is a threat of physical violence. Otherwise it's just heated debate!
I disagree.

Psychological bullying can be profoundly damaging. It warps perception of reality.
Only so because of the threat of violence. If no threat of violence, then one can easily stand their own ground. But I'm speaking of all things being equal here except physical prowess. Surely if one caught up in such a scenario is mentally challenged you are correct! But only in that case! As in almost all cases of bullying, the bully believes he can beat the bullied in a physical fight! Which is why they verbally bully in the first place. Don't believe me? With no weapons, walk up to a iron pumper twice your size at a Golds Gym and psychologically abuse him until he looses his temper. Yeah, I thought not! Bullies only have power due to their threat of physical violence!

Edit: left out a word
Doesn’t wash.

Bullies are often little guys.
- It’s called short-man’s disease.
- Ever see a pissed-off little dog? They’re quite fearless and forget how little they are until they get reminded.

Regarding physical prowess:
- Big guys have broad shoulders, literally and figuratively.
- Unless addled, the powerful have a natural internal governor that comes with the territory.
- Why? Because they want to live and power is impartial. Without the control and awareness that naturally accompanies power, they will be put away in either the nervous hospital or the prison.
- Ever been around a big animal? A horse, big dog, a whale? They are conscious of their physical presence and usually unleash their strength only for survival, to eat or defend, and then it’s over quickly.
- House cats are little bullies. Let them out at night and they will slaughter everything in the neighborhood smaller than themselves, and sometimes bigger if they can sneak up on a rabbit but they usually go after the kits.

In the gym scenario, the little guy is the bully. The big guy is patient and tolerant of the mouthy little pusher.

In Asia, the little buddy (N.Korea)
of the big guy (China)
threatens a couple of close neighbors (S. Korea and Japan)
whose friend is another big guy (USofA)
who lives on the other side of town.

The big guys are displaying the natural restraint and responsibility that accompanies power.

The little bitch bully N. Korea keeps strutting around the gym throwing chalk at the other big guy’s friends because the other big guy is way over there somewhere. Maybe at the snackbar.

The little bully could also be getting a wink and reward from the patron.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 8:40 am
I disagree.

Psychological bullying can be profoundly damaging. It warps perception of reality.
Only so because of the threat of violence. If no threat of violence, then one can easily stand their own ground. But I'm speaking of all things being equal here except physical prowess. Surely if one caught up in such a scenario is mentally challenged you are correct! But only in that case! As in almost all cases of bullying, the bully believes he can beat the bullied in a physical fight! Which is why they verbally bully in the first place. Don't believe me? With no weapons, walk up to a iron pumper twice your size at a Golds Gym and psychologically abuse him until he looses his temper. Yeah, I thought not! Bullies only have power due to their threat of physical violence!

Doesn’t wash.

- Ever see a pissed-off little dog? They’re quite fearless and forget how little they are until they get reminded.

- Unless addled, the powerful have a natural internal governor that comes with the territory.
- Why? Because they want to live and power is impartial. Without the control and awareness that naturally accompanies power, they will be put away in either the nervous hospital or the prison.
- Ever been around a big animal? A horse, big dog, a whale? They are conscious of their physical presence and usually unleash their strength only for survival, to eat or defend, and then it’s over quickly.
- House cats are little bullies. Let them out at night and they will slaughter everything in the neighborhood smaller than themselves, and sometimes bigger if they can sneak up on a rabbit but they usually go after the kits.

In the gym scenario, the little guy is the bully. The big guy is patient and tolerant of the mouthy little pusher.

of the big guy (China)

The big guys are displaying the natural restraint and responsibility that accompanies power.

The little bitch bully N. Korea keeps strutting around the gym throwing chalk at the other big guy’s friends because the other big guy is way over there somewhere. Maybe at the snackbar.

Flawed logic. The US is pretty big and it's a bully. China bullied Tibet. Trump is huge (although apparently with tiny hands) and he's a bully. People aren't dogs. Most cats would rather sit by the fire at night.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Some scientists put cameras on normal housecats and let them out at night.
They were horrified at the footage.

Tibet didn't have any big friends.
China said, you're our little buddy now.
And then proceeded to treat Tibet like dirty dogs.

Tibet was polite to China but they didn't suck up like N. Korea,
or like the yapping bully in the gym sucks up when not antagonizing.

The US is a bully? That's rich.

The US is powerful.
If the US ever unleashed, the world would be laid to waste.

If a yapper unleashes it starts biting and infecting everyone in the gym.
Last edited by Walker on Sat May 20, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 9:42 am Some scientists put cameras on normal housecats and let them out at night.
They were horrified at the footage.

Tibet didn't have any big friends.
China said, you're our little buddy now.
And then proceeded to treat Tibet like dirty dogs.

Tibet was polite to China but they didn't suck up like N. Korea,
or like the yapping bully in the gym sucks up when not antagonizing.
I'm sure they didn't bother to show the cats that didn't. Cats are lazy. They probably starved them for a few days beforehand. I think I know the documentary you are talking about.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Cats are amazing stalkers. They tune into the object's attention and move only when that attention is elsewhere. Quite aware of the moment.

We have a marauding neighborhood cat. Orange and white. Female.
She's well-fed. She's fat.

One morning I found the headless bodies of six kits. The bodies were laid out on the sidewalk beside the house. Evenly spaced, about two feet apart, in a somewhat straight line. The heads had been chewed off, not severed.

I figure it was the cat queen since a bitch dog wouldn’t do that. She’s still around but she doesn’t come into the yard anymore since the trees were trimmed back.

There was another one, though. Dark gray, no markings, as elusive as a shadow and bigger. Don’t know what that one was but haven’t seen it for a long time.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 10:00 am Cats are amazing stalkers. They tune into the object's attention and move only when that attention is elsewhere. Quite aware of the moment.

We have a marauding neighborhood cat. Orange and white. Female.
She's well-fed. She's fat.

One morning I found the headless bodies of six kits. The bodies were laid out on the sidewalk beside the house. Evenly spaced, about two feet apart, in a somewhat straight line. The heads had been chewed off, not severed.

I figure it was the cat queen since a bitch dog wouldn’t do that. She’s still around but she doesn’t come into the yard anymore since the trees were trimmed back.

There was another one, though. Dark gray, no markings, as elusive as a shadow and bigger. Don’t know what that one was but haven’t seen it for a long time.
So it's a psychopathic cat. I've always had cats and not one a killer. One used to catch mice but never killed them, just brought them into the house alive to show me, leaving me to catch it and put it outside.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Typical cat. I’ve had cats too. Leave the cat alone with the mouse and it will play with it until the mouse is dead. Practice. When I was kid I watched a cat do it. Very casual and relaxed. It would let the mouse get away for a few feet then grab it. Knock it around. Pick up and squeeze the neck until it held still, then drop it. The mouse would recover while the cat lazily blinked and waited. At the next break for the freedom the cat repeats. The cycle continued until the mouse was dead, then the cat chewed off its head.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 11:17 am Typical cat. I’ve had cats too. Leave the cat alone with the mouse and it will play with it until the mouse is dead. Practice. When I was kid I watched a cat do it. Very casual and relaxed. It would let the mouse get away for a few feet then grab it. Knock it around. Pick up and squeeze the neck until it held still, then drop it. The mouse would recover while the cat lazily blinked and waited. At the next break for the freedom the cat repeats. The cycle continued until the mouse was dead, then the cat chewed off its head.
They aren't all the same. If you've had cats then you would know that. They can also be taught not to hunt.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 11:44 am
Walker wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 11:17 am Typical cat. I’ve had cats too. Leave the cat alone with the mouse and it will play with it until the mouse is dead. Practice. When I was kid I watched a cat do it. Very casual and relaxed. It would let the mouse get away for a few feet then grab it. Knock it around. Pick up and squeeze the neck until it held still, then drop it. The mouse would recover while the cat lazily blinked and waited. At the next break for the freedom the cat repeats. The cycle continued until the mouse was dead, then the cat chewed off its head.
They aren't all the same. If you've had cats then you would know that. They can also be taught not to hunt.
Like I said, I know cats. I've even herded them. Hint: food.
At the same time, call, "Kitty kitty kitty!"
Before long, just the words will bring them on the run.

Folks aren't meant to be herded, though. They're not cats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ0ur5GKC0w
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Walker wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 8:40 am
I disagree.

Doesn’t wash.

of the big guy (China)

A lot of typing, saying not much of anything, as usual. Your hypotheticals and analogies are laughable. My experience says otherwise! Every bully I've ever encountered, believed himself capable of physically winning over the bullied. In all cases the bullied were relatively 90lb weaklings. And the bullies always escalated it to physical violence, and they always won! Sorry but empirical evidence trumps fiction, especially that of your minds eye, which has been shown to be slightly eschew!