General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: another pointless thread...existential grousing

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:51 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:45 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 pm

You don't have a country to speak of (quite literally) as you're ashamed of it.

Now name calling won't get you anywhere as that doesn't win arguments. Let's see, misspelled automatic. Your country sends over bullies such as you to tonguelash others on this site. Supports despotic regimes and ISIS. And outright makes up baldface lies without shame.

I would take my country over your hidden country anytime if you're their best representative.

PhilX
I didn't use the word 'automatic' anywhere in my comment. And it's 'misspelt' by the way. Tongue lash is two words.'Baldface' is 'baldfaced'. Find a post where I have ever supported ISIS or any 'despotic regimes'.
Then what word is this: "automatonic"? Misspelled is perfectly fine. Baldface is perfectly fine. Find a post where you ever supported the US.

PhilX
I don't have to find anything. You are the one making moronic assertions. And what exactly do you mean by 'supported the US' anyway? Am I obliged to?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:51 pm Then what word is this: "automatonic"?
I took it to mean behaving in the fashion of an automaton.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:53 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:45 pm

I didn't use the word 'automatic' anywhere in my comment. And it's 'misspelt' by the way. Tongue lash is two words.'Baldface' is 'baldfaced'. Find a post where I have ever supported ISIS or any 'despotic regimes'.
Then what word is this: "automatonic"? Misspelled is perfectly fine. Baldface is perfectly fine. Find a post where you ever supported the US.

PhilX
I don't have to find anything. You are the one making moronic assertions. And what exactly do you mean by 'supported the US' anyway? Am I obliged to?
I found all the good words in my dictionary except for your misspelled "automatonic." "... moronic assertions." :lol: Look who's talking. Yes you're obliged to if you don't want to give the appearance of being prejudiced.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:02 pm

PhilX
I found all the good words in my dictionary except for your misspelled "automatonic." "... moronic assertions." :lol: Look who's talking. Yes you're obliged to if you don't want to give the appearance of being prejudiced.

PhilX
Bless you. :(
Philosophy Explorer

Harbal wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:32 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:19 pm
Are you suggesting I'm 'psychologically bullying' poor helpless Doc and 'profoundly damaging' him? Actually what he does far more closely resembles bullying than anything I say. If you were not so biased you would see that.
"A man is known by the company he keeps. If you want to know what kind of person thedoc is, look at his friends."
Due to the six degrees of separation, I don't buy it.

PhilX
Greta

Post by Greta »

Bullying involves repeated behaviours and a power imbalance as perceived by the bullies and their marks. One-off behaviours or arguments between peers come under the heading of harassment, not bullying. The difference is similar to that between normal sadness and clinical depression - one is incidental and the other is chronic.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Walker wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:46 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:30 pm
So called bullying, of a verbal nature, is only ever bullying, when there is a threat of physical violence. Otherwise it's just heated debate!
I disagree.

Psychological bullying can be profoundly damaging. It warps perception of reality.
Are you suggesting I'm 'psychologically bullying' poor helpless Doc and 'profoundly damaging' him? Actually what he does far more closely resembles bullying than anything I say. If you were not so biased you would see that.
The thought literally never crossed my mind.

You couldn't psychologically bully your way out of a wet paper bag.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Walker wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:57 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:19 pm Are you suggesting I'm 'psychologically bullying' poor helpless Doc and 'profoundly damaging' him? Actually what he does far more closely resembles bullying than anything I say. If you were not so biased you would see that.

Would it make a difference if I cared what VT posted about me?

BTW, the only reason I don't have VT on ignore is that I find amusing the vitriol and venom she posts about america, It's amusing how wrong someone can be who doesn't know anything about America.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:46 pm
I disagree.

Psychological bullying can be profoundly damaging. It warps perception of reality.

Something we agree on. Thank you.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:33 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:19 pm Are you suggesting I'm 'psychologically bullying' poor helpless Doc and 'profoundly damaging' him? Actually what he does far more closely resembles bullying than anything I say. If you were not so biased you would see that.

Would it make a difference if I cared what VT posted about me?

BTW, the only reason I don't have VT on ignore is that I find amusing the vitriol and venom she posts about america, It's amusing how wrong someone can be who doesn't know anything about America.
Yet you have never disagreed with anything I have said about your country or posted anything to show that I am wrong. Very peculiar.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:06 pm

PhilX
But I didn't sneeze.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:25 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:06 pm

PhilX
But I didn't sneeze.

PhilX
I thought you did.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I've said this before. You obviously don't understand a word I write, you misconstrue everything, so there is no point in you interacting with me. Strange, because my writing has always been considered to be very clear. And being emotionally fragile is hardly the same thing as being 'disturbed'. She was a perfectly sane woman. ...
Who committed suicide?
Events can cause someone to become emotionally fragile. That doesn't make them insane. ...
True, committing suicide does.
Her career began long before cunts acquired the internet to play with. ...
So? She appears to have been one of the cunts playing on the interweeb.

I really don't think empathy rather than sympathy should be the emotional response to such a person. As why would one wish to take on-board such feelings?
Did I say I get all my information from social media? I absorb it from all kinds of places. Are you suggesting that because something happens on FB or Twitter or any other social media then it's not real?
No, I'm suggesting that SM effectively allows people to only hear the information they wish to. This is especially true with FB as since they implemented their targeted/tailored advertising algorithm upon peoples walls they effectively only hears views that the algorithm thinks they will like. It was different before as the wall just sequentially posted whatever one's friends or FofF(depending upon your settings) posted so you would hear views you may not agree with but now that is pretty much not the case.
Bah. I'm sick of repeating myself to you. You argue for the sake of arguing and that's tiresome.
Sorry it comes across that way as I try to discuss for the sake of clarity for myself and that I disagree with what the other may be saying.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 10:40 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I've said this before. You obviously don't understand a word I write, you misconstrue everything, so there is no point in you interacting with me. Strange, because my writing has always been considered to be very clear. And being emotionally fragile is hardly the same thing as being 'disturbed'. She was a perfectly sane woman. ...
Who committed suicide?
Events can cause someone to become emotionally fragile. That doesn't make them insane. ...
True, committing suicide does.
Her career began long before cunts acquired the internet to play with. ...
So? She appears to have been one of the cunts playing on the interweeb.

I really don't think empathy rather than sympathy should be the emotional response to such a person. As why would one wish to take on-board such feelings?
Did I say I get all my information from social media? I absorb it from all kinds of places. Are you suggesting that because something happens on FB or Twitter or any other social media then it's not real?
No, I'm suggesting that SM effectively allows people to only hear the information they wish to. This is especially true with FB as since they implemented their targeted/tailored advertising algorithm upon peoples walls they effectively only hears views that the algorithm thinks they will like. It was different before as the wall just sequentially posted whatever one's friends or FofF(depending upon your settings) posted so you would hear views you may not agree with but now that is pretty much not the case.
Bah. I'm sick of repeating myself to you. You argue for the sake of arguing and that's tiresome.
Sorry it comes across that way as I try to discuss for the sake of clarity for myself and that I disagree with what the other may be saying.
Committing suicide means the person was insane? What are you basing that on? And where did YOU go to find the 'information you wish'? You seem to know a lot more about Facebook than I do.
I don't acknowledge corporate-speak. It's an indicator of low intelligence.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Committing suicide means the person was insane? What are you basing that on? ...
On the idea that they weren't in a sane state of mind. I can think of a few situations where suicide might well be a viable option but in general if you live in the western world I think it a faintly ridiculous response to one's situation as you can just walk away or see a shrink.
And where did YOU go to find the 'information you wish'? ...
In the specific, books. In the general, BBC R4, Share Radio, the FT, the Times, the Grauniad, Bloomberg News, the BBC, the Evening Standard, RT News, Al Jazeera. There's a few others. And I trawl about some of the more unsavory sites far-left and far-right just to get a gist of the zeitgeist.
You seem to know a lot more about Facebook than I do.
Not through much use but through being in IT for much of my life.
I don't acknowledge corporate-speak. It's an indicator of low intelligence.
No idea what you are talking about here. Do you mean things like PCSJW?