Is the term "redneck" politically correct ?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Is the term "redneck" politically correct ?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

duszek wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 5:47 pm Could it be that we all start to learn to watch our words in the nursery school ?

Whenever we are scolded for expressing our ugly views, like for example: I don´t like him or her, we learn that it is socially expected that everybody is a hypocrite and an opportunist.
We are encouraged to hide our dislike for other people.
We are discouraged from speaking our minds.

In one of Oscar Wilde´s comedies a woman is being considered an outrage because she believes in speaking her mind.

Is there are difference between "well-mannered" and "politically correct" ?
I give up.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 5:40 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 1:08 pm Liberal has never changed meaning--people have just become stupider. PC is a fairly modern and insulting and ironic term used to express derision and contempt for a particular brand of political extremism. The Politically Correct take worthy causes that OTHERS have worked hard for eg. human rights, equal rights, homosexual law reform, fairness for all....and twisted them into one encompassing political ideology that is so extreme it has everyone running scared to open their mouths because every word will be scrutinised by the PC word police for hidden 'unsafe' thoughts and opinions. The PC suffer from a particularly violent allergic reaction when exposed to truthfulness.

Miss USA Walks Back Health Care Position after Leftist Outrage
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ ... alth-care/

Classic case of PC control.
- PC police must have got to her.
- Had a little chat.
- Got her mind right.
- Showed her two possible futures in the PC world.
Would you stop calling it 'Leftist' you annoying agenda-driven twit! Illiterate (and literal) Americans.

This woman isn't on 'coke'. I'm not sure what she's talking about, I might even agree with some of it--there's no way of knowing. And I don't like the loud-mouth youtuber either. The point here is to show one example of someone who has jumped on the bandwagon of a worthy cause (equal rights for women) and distorted and twisted it into something that is sick and frankly evil.
I would love you to explain to me how this woman is 'left' or 'liberal'. 'Well-mannered' wasn't exactly the first word that came to mind when I saw this cartoon caricature. It's all acting of course. The PC are notorious hypocrites. She's probably a coyly submissive minx around men she fancies. I'm guessing the guy she's screeching at isn't very attractive. :roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2KPeMcYsuc
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 7:35 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 1:08 pm Liberal has never changed meaning--people have just become stupider. PC is a fairly modern and insulting and ironic term used to express derision and contempt for a particular brand of political extremism. The Politically Correct take worthy causes that OTHERS have worked hard for eg. human rights, equal rights, homosexual law reform, fairness for all....and twisted them into one encompassing political ideology that is so extreme it has everyone running scared to open their mouths because every word will be scrutinised by the PC word police for hidden 'unsafe' thoughts and opinions. The PC suffer from a particularly violent allergic reaction when exposed to truthfulness.

- Had a little chat.
- Got her mind right.
Would you stop calling it 'Leftist' you annoying agenda-driven twit! Illiterate (and literal) Americans.

This woman isn't on 'coke'. I'm not sure what she's talking about, I might even agree with some of it--there's no way of knowing. And I don't like the loud-mouth youtuber either. The point here is to show one example of someone who has jumped on the bandwagon of a worthy cause (equal rights for women) and distorted and twisted it into something that is sick and frankly evil.
I would love you to explain to me how this woman is 'left' or 'liberal'. 'Well-mannered' wasn't exactly the first word that came to mind when I saw this cartoon caricature. It's all acting of course. The PC are notorious hypocrites. She's probably a coyly submissive minx around men she fancies. I'm guessing the guy she's screeching at isn't very attractive. :roll:
The Left, or political progressives, assert that the U.S. Constitution is a living, dynamic document subject to interpretation in light of current social mores.

The Right, or political conservatives, assert that the Constitution must be interpreted according to the original intent and language of the constitution.

The constitution does not enumerate paid health insurance to be a God-given, constitutional right.

In changing her opinion overnight, the beauty queen changed from right, to left.

Thus, whatever changed her mind was a Leftist influence.

Get with the reality program, twit.

The woman sounds like a crack-head.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 1:58 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 7:35 pm

- Had a little chat.
- Got her mind right.

The Left, or political progressives, assert that the U.S. Constitution is a living, dynamic document subject to interpretation in light of current social mores.

The Right, or political conservatives, assert that the Constitution must be interpreted according to the original intent and language of the constitution.

The constitution does not enumerate paid health insurance to be a God-given, constitutional right.

In changing her opinion overnight, the beauty queen changed from right, to left.

Thus, whatever changed her mind was a Leftist influence.

Get with the reality program, twit.

The woman sounds like a crack-head.
PC isn't a synonym for 'left wing' you simpleton. Can you even read? I didn't say she wasn't a crackhead. I was referring to the OTHER video!
I've come to the conclusion that wannabe 'philosophers' are about as intelligent as fundy kristians. I have a feeling everyone on a science site would be able to read, and to think rationally.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I watched a few seconds of the other video, some guy babbling in his basement and switched it off. Not my cup-o-tea, oh self-aware one.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 3:50 am I watched a few seconds of the other video, some guy babbling in his basement and switched it off. Not my cup-o-tea, oh self-aware one.
You could have fast forwarded the obnoxious youtuber. I did say that, but you only seem to read every tenth word or so.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I eventually did. Saw some screeching harpies. Which one are you interested in, and why?
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 4:21 am I eventually did. Saw some screeching harpies. Which one are you interested in, and why?
Never mind.