Announcement.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Announcement.

Post by Harbal »

I'm not a troll.
It's just that when I come across stupidity I don't seem to be able to prevent myself from bringing it to the attention of the perpetrator. Which I only do, of course, in an environment where there is no danger of me getting punched in the face. I would also like to point out that there are many who seem equally as eager to bring my own stupidity to my attention.
Skip

Re: Announcement.

Post by Skip »

duly noted
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:I'm not a troll.
It's just that when I come across stupidity I don't seem to be able to prevent myself from bringing it to the attention of the perpetrator. Which I only do, of course, in an environment where there is no danger of me getting punched in the face. I would also like to point out that there are many who seem equally as eager to bring my own stupidity to my attention.
Pointing out other peoples stupidity can only be a projection of a repressed part of our own inner psyche we don't like. We have no way of knowing if other people are stupid...what we tend not to like about our self we project onto other instead of embracing it as a fiction of our own making and allowing it to be there. Knowing full well it's not what we are essentially. Think about it this way...can a living tree or a cat be stupid? the correct thinking would be no of course not, and yet we seem to think it's okay to say a living human life is stupid...that's the stupidity of an assumed separate self-aware self...no self-aware being is not guilty of this stupidity as you so rightly pointed out.

It's worth remembering that every single one of us is a unique mutation of nature never to be repeated, and so we are never going to be alike in our thinking or agree with each other all the time, and that's great, it means life is rich and abundantly diverse, nature never makes copies, we should celebrate our uniqueness not seek to find fault in it.

Every one is a work in progress and none of us are perfect, give people a break for goodness sake, we're all on a journey of self discovery and philosophy is an integral part of that discovery. No one has all the answers, no one knows anything that is not based on the knowledge that they already have, that they hold to themselves that they have self invented including the invention of the separate self itself. That knowledge is taken to be literal and real. . . it's all they've got to go on.

So we need to practice careful mindful discernment when choosing our words as not to inflict emotional pain on others, because lets face it words can cut far more deeply right into the human psyche and can sometimes cause irreversible permanent hurt and damage much more than a physical punch to the face could ever do.

It is wise to worry more about the words you choose to use on others especially when words according to the human mind seem to have real existential value where they are taken very seriously as if they are actual literal things that exist for real. And that's the whole problem of human knowledge, it's not actually real at all, it's just the play of God...see here..http://www.becomingme.com/cosmic.html

There is nothing stupid in having the belief in God, no more than there is having the belief in a human individual self...what's the difference? :roll:
Is one idea more stupid than the other? who makes that assumption? who believes that assumption? Who's in charge here? and on who's authority?

.There can be no perpetrator without a victim, and vice versa, they go hand in hand, from self to self.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:Think about it this way...can a living tree or a cat be stupid?
I've thought about it that way, as you ask, but try as I might, can think of no logical reason why you said it.
There is nothing stupid in having the belief in God,
I agree, it is not stupid to believe in God, but I would go even further than that and say it is even less stupid to not believe in God.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Harbal wrote:I'm not a troll.
:) where did all this come from ?
and damn you, harbal, for I now have an Armatrading earworm in my head.

I am not a troll
But I'm open to persuasion
East or West
Where's the best
For romancing...

And another thing... was Joan guilty of directionism ?
East, West. North is best !
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote:I agree, it is not stupid to believe in God, but I would go even further than that and say it is even less stupid to not believe in God.
I do hope you are intelligent enough to understand that you have just stated there is NO stupidity in believing in God, thus there is nothing less.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

marjoram_blues wrote: :) where did all this come from ?
Let's just say it was prompted by something somebody said to me yesterday, to say more than that may attract accusations of trying to perpetuate a diplomatically sensitive incident. Anyway, where did you pop up from? You've not been around for a while.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote:
I do hope you are intelligent enough to understand that you have just stated there is NO stupidity in believing in God, thus there is nothing less.
I've studied the above and concluded that I am not intelligent enough to understand. Sorry to dash your hopes.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: I agree, it is not stupid to believe in God, but I would go even further than that and say it is even less stupid to not believe in God.
Does Harbal exist?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Does Harbal exist?
Yes he does but he's decided it might be wise to exist a little less conspicuously for a while.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Harbal wrote:
marjoram_blues wrote: :) where did all this come from ?
Let's just say it was prompted by something somebody said to me yesterday, to say more than that may attract accusations of trying to perpetuate a diplomatically sensitive incident. Anyway, where did you pop up from? You've not been around for a while.
Just another sob story, harbal.
A time for dying; this time my Dad.
So, now it's time for dancing.
What better place.
Than the PN joint.
Yeah I know
I'm sad...
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

marjoram_blues wrote: A time for dying; this time my Dad.
I'm sorry to hear that.
So, now it's time for dancing.
Yes, that sounds like a good idea.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote: Does Harbal exist?
Yes he does
So then Harbal exists...So who made Harbal from scratch? ... did Harbal make Harbal?

Was Harbal there at the beginning of his conception witnessing the birth of Harbal..or is Harbal just an idea of the Witness that has to be as evidence of something witnessed? :roll:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote:Nothing of any significance.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote:
Dontaskme wrote:Nothing of any significance.
Then stop idolising yourself.

You cannot answer the hard question of who or what made me...so you make an image of yourself even though you have no image of yourself. Hmm.... :roll: