cum laude

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: cum laude

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: And that is the problem, treating a thread with the respect it deserves, is often the mark of a Troll. (Some threads don't deserve any respect at all.)
You have to understand, Doc, I'm still finding my feet. Rome wasn't built in a day, and they didn't even have anything like bobevenson to impede their progress.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote: And that is the problem, treating a thread with the respect it deserves, is often the mark of a Troll. (Some threads don't deserve any respect at all.)
You have to understand, Doc, I'm still finding my feet. Rome wasn't built in a day, and they didn't even have anything like bobevenson to impede their progress.
I understand that Bob is a serious impediment, but I'm sure you will overcome it in the end. (Hint, to find your feet, try looking inside your shoes, before you take them off.)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobevenson wrote: Well put, since the book of Revelation is about the evil of the queen city of Babylon and the seven hills of ancient Rome, but it could have been about the Queen City of Cincinnati and its own seven hills, that I pointed out regarding the earliest known reference to Cincinnati as the Queen City, which I discovered through divine guidance and was acknowledged by the Public Library of Cincinnati.
My first impulse was to say "Cincinnati wasn't built in a day" but on looking it up, I discovered it actually was built in a day so I was left with no other choice than reverting to Rome.
thedoc wrote:before you take them off.)
You pulled the rug out from under me there, Doc, Well preempted.