Did you enjoy watching the Benny Hill Show?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Did you enjoy watching the Benny Hill Show?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Of course I'm aware that he's received abuse from religious individuals who can't stand him. That would be something he would expect to happen. What he didn't expect was a determined campaign to destroy him from those who claim to be liberal and supposedly value the same things he does. ...
What 'campaign' to destroy him? So far all I've seen from goggle is the twatterati, wastebookers and blaggers responding to something he decided to say in the social idiot sphere on someone else's blag. These people are no less individuals than the religious nuts you imply are harmless to him and the liberal left are always falling out. That an institution decided to cancel a talk is the fault of the institution for being weak but I note that when he had his stroke he'd just received news that they'd reinstated the talk and apologised to him.But all this is pretty much immaterial to my point and that is that you are talking bollocks about his heart-condition and the PC being responsible not least because it's the fourth biggest killer over here so it's pretty usual that 65 year-old men have strokes.
I'm not going over the same thing for the umpteenth time. Arguing about it is pointless, and I skip over your sliced-up responses anyway. They are unnecessarily irksome.
If you're going to write discontinuous sentences how should I respond?
Brilliant counter-argument by the way. The reason why Richard Dawkins had a stroke. Everything hinges on that. :|
You obviously don't have a clue what went on. It was hardly just a few individuals on Twitter. It was an organised campaign of harassment. It's worked too. There are a lot of people out there with no real opinions of their own who just believe whoever is shouting the loudest at any given time (and the PC are really good at shouting).
Take his comments about Down's Syndrome. Nearly all, if not all, women who discover they are having a Down's Syndrome baby have an abortion. Statistically that must include a lot of supposedly anti-abortion religiotards. The worst that could be said about Dawkins' comment on the subject is that he didn't need to say it, since women are doing that anyway, but it was said on being asked for advice from a woman who thought she might be carrying a Down's Syndrome. If she didn't want his opinion then why ask?
It was all about the PC finding yet another group that they could get 'offended' on behalf of. :roll:
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:The reason why Richard Dawkins had a stroke. Everything hinges on that. :|
You obviously don't have a clue what went on. It was hardly just a few individuals on Twitter. It was an organised campaign of harassment. It's worked too. There are a lot of people out there with no real opinions of their own who just believe whoever is shouting the loudest at any given time (and the PC are really good at shouting).
Take his comments about Down's Syndrome. Nearly all, if not all, women who discover they are having a Down's Syndrome baby have an abortion. Statistically that must include a lot of supposedly anti-abortion religiotards. The worst that could be said about Dawkins' comment on the subject is that he didn't need to say it, since women are doing that anyway, but it was said on being asked for advice from a woman who thought she might be carrying a Down's Syndrome. If she didn't want his opinion then why ask?
It was all about the PC finding yet another group that they could get 'offended' on behalf of. :roll:
Richard Dawkins does not strike me as the type to stress out over criticism. Consider his hate mail videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZuowNcuGsc. He knows that his critics tend to be ignorant and sprout madly emotional nonsense. He is simply too grounded to respond the way you claim.

More likely, a driven man with a sedentary lifestyle, 75 years old yet still touring the world and locking horns with ferocious opponents year after year has become run down and ill.

I see your issue - mobbing - just that you hate PC lefties more than PC righties, even though both will mob ideological opponents mercilessly. There's many times I have avoided threads because the aggression of right wing right political correctness makes it not worth the bother.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:The reason why Richard Dawkins had a stroke. Everything hinges on that. :|
Richard Dawkins does not strike me as the type to stress out over criticism. Consider his hate mail videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZuowNcuGsc. He knows that his critics tend to be ignorant and sprout madly emotional nonsense. He is simply too grounded to respond the way you claim.

More likely, a driven man with a sedentary lifestyle, 75 years old yet still touring the world and locking horns with ferocious opponents year after year has become run down and ill.

I see your issue - mobbing - just that you hate PC lefties more than PC righties, even though both will mob ideological opponents mercilessly. There's many times I have avoided threads because the aggression of right wing right political correctness makes it not worth the bother.
He's the one who said it. Who are we to say what he can and can't cope with? Everyone has their limit. I've seen that email video too. It's not remotely the same thing.
You just don't get it. How is being part of a mob that wants to destroy free speech 'left'?
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

thedoc wrote:Could be worse, I used to watch them years ago.
Could've been better, in hindsight. :)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Brilliant counter-argument by the way. The reason why Richard Dawkins had a stroke. Everything hinges on that. :|
You obviously don't have a clue what went on. It was hardly just a few individuals on Twitter. It was an organised campaign of harassment. It's worked too. ...
No it didn't.
There are a lot of people out there with no real opinions of their own who just believe whoever is shouting the loudest at any given time (and the PC are really good at shouting). ...
What's a 'real opinion' when its at home?
Take his comments about Down's Syndrome. ...
Had to goggle this.
Nearly all, if not all, women who discover they are having a Down's Syndrome baby have an abortion. ... The worst that could be said about Dawkins' comment on the subject is that he didn't need to say it, since women are doing that anyway, but it was said on being asked for advice from a woman who thought she might be carrying a Down's Syndrome. If she didn't want his opinion then why ask?
Fair point but the worst is that he was stupid enough to respond to such a question in Twatter!(he admits this himself apparently). I'm amazed that he engages in such stuff and more fool him I think.
... Statistically that must include a lot of supposedly anti-abortion religiotards. ...
Er!? No, if they are anti-abortionist then they'll be having the baby.
Statistically some of them would have been parents of a Down's baby would they not? I do agree that there appears to be a lot of twattter storms but personally think them just in a tea-cup and think Dawkins should know better.
p.s.
Enjoyed Benny Hill but was 13 at the time and the times were a changing although it did reflect the general attitudes of many it had run its course by the late 80's as genteel smut was out-of-fashion. Ah! The 70's, the nonces, gropers and flashers paradise.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Brilliant counter-argument by the way. The reason why Richard Dawkins had a stroke. Everything hinges on that. :|
You obviously don't have a clue what went on. It was hardly just a few individuals on Twitter. It was an organised campaign of harassment. It's worked too. ...
No it didn't.
There are a lot of people out there with no real opinions of their own who just believe whoever is shouting the loudest at any given time (and the PC are really good at shouting). ...
What's a 'real opinion' when its at home?
Take his comments about Down's Syndrome. ...
Had to goggle this.
Nearly all, if not all, women who discover they are having a Down's Syndrome baby have an abortion. ... The worst that could be said about Dawkins' comment on the subject is that he didn't need to say it, since women are doing that anyway, but it was said on being asked for advice from a woman who thought she might be carrying a Down's Syndrome. If she didn't want his opinion then why ask?
Fair point but the worst is that he was stupid enough to respond to such a question in Twatter!(he admits this himself apparently). I'm amazed that he engages in such stuff and more fool him I think.
... Statistically that must include a lot of supposedly anti-abortion religiotards. ...
Er!? No, if they are anti-abortionist then they'll be having the baby.
Statistically some of them would have been parents of a Down's baby would they not? I do agree that there appears to be a lot of twattter storms but personally think them just in a tea-cup and think Dawkins should know better.
p.s.
Enjoyed Benny Hill but was 13 at the time and the times were a changing although it did reflect the general attitudes of many it had run its course by the late 80's as genteel smut was out-of-fashion. Ah! The 70's, the nonces, gropers and flashers paradise.
OMG. Go back and read SLOWLY!
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Only vege-brain could take a thread of Benny Hill and use it to blame feminists on Dawkins' stroke.

What a moron!
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Only vege-brain could take a thread of Benny Hill and use it to blame feminists on Dawkins' stroke.

What a moron!
Right. Because you don't like Dawkins then it isn't true. You are so fucking agenda-driven that nothing you say can be taken seriously. You have no integrity. I think there are drugs to slow the progress of Alzheimers. And those insane bitches aren't feminists' arseholes. That creature at the centre of it who claimed that asking a woman for a coffee is like rape, was on a video floating around the internet a while ago gyrating around half naked allowing men to put money in her bra. The PC = HYPOCRITES!
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Only vege-brain could take a thread of Benny Hill and use it to blame feminists on Dawkins' stroke.

What a moron!
Right. Because you don't like Dawkins then it isn't true. You are so fucking agenda-driven that nothing you say can be taken seriously. You have no integrity. I think there are drugs to slow the progress of Alzheimers.
Then you should be taking them.
Dawkins is an intelligent man, and would never be so stupid as to blame the twitterati for his stroke you fucking brain dead nit wit.
He's had a long busy life and has continued to lecture across the world mostly promoting atheism. He's always receive a lot of stick for that but age and and sedentism catches up with you in the end.
As for his stroke he is all but recovered, whilst taking an easier path, is still active.
I do not dislike Dawkins. You are still a moron and your post here simply confirms it.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

What a moron!
Right. Because you don't like Dawkins then it isn't true. You are so fucking agenda-driven that nothing you say can be taken seriously. You have no integrity. I think there are drugs to slow the progress of Alzheimers.
Dawkins is an intelligent man, and would never be so stupid as to blame the twitterati for his stroke you fucking brain dead nit wit.
He's had a long busy life and has continued to lecture across the world mostly promoting atheism. He's always receive a lot of stick for that but age and and sedentism catches up with you in the end.
As for his stroke he is all but recovered, whilst taking an easier path, is still active.
I do not dislike Dawkins. You are still a moron and your post here simply confirms it.
And you are a liar, as usual (or a hypocrite?) He 'offends' your pets. The Dawkins part makes no difference to my points anyway. What a stupid thing to argue about. How the hell would you know whether or not it pushed him over the edge at a time when his health might have been fragile? He's only human. He thought it himself. I didn't make it up. Whether it definitively caused his stroke makes no difference whatsoever to anything I've said.
And it wasn't just Twitter, you TWIT! I've never been near Twitter.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Right. Because you don't like Dawkins then it isn't true. You are so fucking agenda-driven that nothing you say can be taken seriously. You have no integrity. I think there are drugs to slow the progress of Alzheimers.
And you are a liar, as usual (or a hypocrite?) He 'offends' your pets. .
The girl is bonkers.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
And you are a liar, as usual (or a hypocrite?) He 'offends' your pets. .
The girl is bonkers.
You are as blinkered and stunted as any creationist. :cry:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:OMG. Go back and read SLOWLY!
Why? If you mean the "supposedly" I took that as you just creating a contradiction to allow your 'statistically' to be a tautology.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:... What a stupid thing to argue about. How the hell would you know whether or not it pushed him over the edge at a time when his health might have been fragile? ...
Er!? You're the one who asserted it, you also asserted the same thing about Benny Hill :roll:
He thought it himself. I didn't make it up. ...
No he didn't and he said that he'd just received good news at that time as was feeling up about it and was surprised he had a stroke when he did.
Whether it definitively caused his stroke makes no difference whatsoever to anything I've said. ...
Who was saying it did? I was just pointing-out that you were probably talking bollocks in your quest to blame all the ills of the world upon this 'PC' lot you're obsessed with.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:OMG. Go back and read SLOWLY!
Why? If you mean the "supposedly" I took that as you just creating a contradiction to allow your 'statistically' to be a tautology.
What tautology? And the Dawkins thing was just ONE EXAMPLE. It wasn't the BASIS of the argument. The argument would have been exactly the same if I hadn't mentioned the man! It's just the easiest thing for idiots like you and Hobbes to latch onto. Funny that he never offered any kind of argument until I mentioned Dawkins, and it's the only thing he referred to.
Ok then. Here's another bone for you. The GOOD news caused the stroke. It was too much to take after everything that had transpired. Now we can have a lengthy 'argument' over whether that's true beyond reasonable doubt or not.