Did you enjoy watching the Benny Hill Show?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Did you enjoy watching the Benny Hill Show?

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:... (and I'm not saying one way or another whether anyone should or shouldn't. It should be the decision of only the woman concerned, the same as any other abortion).
Well we kinda agree on something. Although I think the fathers wishes should be involved as if he wishes to take care of the child and the mother doesn't then maybe she could consider bearing it so as to give it away to him after they presumably split. After all she doesn't actually want the child but he might(rare I'd admit but not beyond the bounds of possibility).
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:... (and I'm not saying one way or another whether anyone should or shouldn't. It should be the decision of only the woman concerned, the same as any other abortion).
Well we kinda agree on something. Although I think the fathers wishes should be involved as if he wishes to take care of the child and the mother doesn't then maybe she could consider bearing it so as to give it away to him after they presumably split. After all she doesn't actually want the child but he might(rare I'd admit but not beyond the bounds of possibility).
Ridiculous.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I give up. You are obviously just trying to be annoying. No one could be as stupid as you appear to be.
''An estimated 92 percent of all women who receive a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome choose to terminate their pregnancies, according to research reviewed by Dr. Brian Skotko, a pediatric geneticist at Children's Hospital Boston.Nov 2, 2009'' (98 percent in Europe).
''CNN Poll: 58 Percent of Americans Oppose Abortion in All or Most Cases'' I will leave the maths to you.
See the "Most cases"? This would allow those who oppose abortion to have one in the case of a serious genetic disability and not be a hypocrite.

Also try to understand that 92% of of 0.15% easily allows 58% to oppose abortion in all cases and still not be in the class of those who have an abortion.
Take 300 women, all carrying Down's foetuses. Statistically 174 of them should be anti-abortion. Statistically 174 or more should opt to continue with the pregnancy. In reality between 276 and 294 choose to abort, possibly even 300.
Logically your mum should have been pro-abortion, but the world is not perfect.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:See the "Most cases"? This would allow those who oppose abortion to have one in the case of a serious genetic disability and not be a hypocrite.

Also try to understand that 92% of of 0.15% easily allows 58% to oppose abortion in all cases and still not be in the class of those who have an abortion.
Take 300 women, all carrying Down's foetuses. Statistically 174 of them should be anti-abortion. Statistically 174 or more should opt to continue with the pregnancy. In reality between 276 and 294 choose to abort, possibly even 300.
Sigh. Being pro-abortion doesn't mean you have abortions (or being anti-abortion doesn't mean you don't have abortions for that matter, just look at all the religious nuts who have them). It means that everyone has the right to choose whether or not they have one.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Take 300 women, all carrying Down's foetuses. Statistically 174 of them should be anti-abortion. Statistically 174 or more should opt to continue with the pregnancy. In reality between 276 and 294 choose to abort, possibly even 300.
Sigh. Being pro-abortion doesn't mean you have abortions. It means that everyone has the right to choose whether or not they have one.
You would have been better aborted to save us all the problem of your spite and malice.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Sigh. Being pro-abortion doesn't mean you have abortions. It means that everyone has the right to choose whether or not they have one.
You would have been better aborted to save us all the problem of your spite and malice.
:lol: So says the unspiteful and benevolent one.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sigh. Being pro-abortion doesn't mean you have abortions. It means that everyone has the right to choose whether or not they have one.
Of course. Not being born would have saved, not only everyone on the forum, but also would have saved you, from the pain of dealing without yourself everyday.
Totally benevolent.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: You would have been better aborted to save us all the problem of your spite and malice.
Of course. Not being born would have saved, not only everyone on the forum, but also would have saved you, from the pain of dealing without yourself everyday.
Totally benevolent.
How mature. :|
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Ridiculous.
Why?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: You would have been better aborted to save us all the problem of your spite and malice.
Sigh! the pot calling the kettle black.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Ridiculous.
Why?
You could just think about it for a while. It would not only be absurd on every level you can think of, it would also be unworkable. A woman could just say he's not the father. What are you suggesting? Forcing women to have prenatal paternity tests? And what if the man changes his mind, and decides he doesn't want to force an unwilling mother to be a surrogate for him? Men could do it out of spite, or jealousy, or any number of less than noble reasons. If a woman wants to do that then fine, but you can't force any woman to continue with a pregnancy she doesn't want. The genes might be split more or less evenly, but impregnating a woman is in no way remotely similar to carrying a baby for 9 months and giving birth. Men can have babies all over the place that they don't even know about. That can hardly be said of women.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Ah! Yes I see your points it would be unworkable. So I retract my thought and agree with your original statement. Thats nice for once.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Benny Hill was a milkman in Eastleigh Southampton...which means there is a slight chance he could be my dad.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

attofishpi wrote:Benny Hill was a milkman in Eastleigh Southampton...which means there is a slight chance he could be my dad.

They called him Ernie,
And he drives the fastest milk-cart in the West

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1xvyTdBZI
Last edited by Hobbes' Choice on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Only vege-brain could take a thread of Benny Hill and use it to blame feminists on Dawkins' stroke.

What a moron!
Right. Because you don't like Dawkins then it isn't true. You are so fucking agenda-driven that nothing you say can be taken seriously. You have no integrity. I think there are drugs to slow the progress of Alzheimers. And those insane bitches aren't feminists' arseholes. That creature at the centre of it who claimed that asking a woman for a coffee is like rape, was on a video floating around the internet a while ago gyrating around half naked allowing men to put money in her bra. The PC = HYPOCRITES!
I think I'm partly in agreement with the argument you have been making, but when you say it like this, I just want to stick my fingers in my ears. (That should be 'eyes', more appropriately, shouldn't it?)

Not that you care what anyone thinks of you, or so you continually profess, but you clearly care what people think of 'what you have to say', or why bother to respond? You do your argument, and ultimately yourself, a disservice by ranting in this way.

If you think someone is being a 'dickhead' there's no need to become one in order to reply to them. It's not a language, that requires you speak like that, in order to be understood by the 'dickhead' you are addressing.

Earlier you decried women who 'scream loudly' and you wrote:
"There are a lot of people out there with no real opinions of their own who just believe whoever is shouting the loudest at any given time (and the PC are really good at shouting)
It seems you are, too, but people here are more discerning than to "just believe whoever is shouting the loudest at any given time".

Pull it together, if only for the sake of your argument.
Last edited by ForCruxSake on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.