dented fender.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

dented fender.

Post by thedoc »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfAhJBQ5GdQ

Sounds all too familiar. Once when I lived at home someone needed to go to the neighbors to get a couple loaves of bread and I got elected. It was in the middle of winter with lots of snow on the road and a high snow bank on the one side. On the way to the neighbors One tire caught some snow on the road and it spun me around, so I just backed the rest of the way and picked up the bread. I didn't have to turn around so I just drove home, when I got back I noticed that the one front fender was pushed in, but I couldn't understand how I could have done it hitting a snow bank. But I told my father and he said if I dented the fender then I needed to fix it, I would have anyhow since I fixed all the dents my father got on the mail route. About a week after I had fixed the dent my father told me that he had dented the fender on the mail route but wanted to let me fix it anyhow. I thought it was pretty funny even when he told me.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: dented fender.

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Cute video. $4000 for groceries. :) Of course it wouldn't pass muster in today's PC world.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Yeah! Bring back the good old days - Women know your limits!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEEWWTV8Xbg
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:Yeah! Bring back the good old days - Women know your limits!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEEWWTV8Xbg
FFs. No one said anything about bringing anything back. It's a gently funny video. So what??
Ever watched 'The Big Bang Theory'? Hmm. You have the stupid 'hot' blonde 'chicks' and the brainy one who just happens to be depicted as 'ugly' (glasses, brown hair=ugly) and socially inept. Wow. Things really have 'changed' for the better :D Or the one with the ditsy, blonde, kind girl and her clever, mean, dark-haired (of course) slutty friend. Then there is the ever-escalating depravity of misogynistic American crime dramas that use any excuse to show the naked corpses of mutilated young women lying under the intense scrutiny of a pathologist (have to make it look scientific) or faux 'concerned look' of a detective, or hanging handcuffed from a hook in some dungeon or other. My, how picky and inconsistent the PC are.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Arising_uk wrote: Women know your limits!!
Yes everyone should know their limits, not the artificial ones imposed by others.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:...
Ever watched 'The Big Bang Theory'? ... My, how picky and inconsistent the PC are. ...
Fairs points but don't they show that PC doesn't rule as you claim then? I think the 'PC' will be complaining about such things bu they just don't have much power.

Given you hate America you appear to watch a lot of American TV?
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:...
Ever watched 'The Big Bang Theory'? ... My, how picky and inconsistent the PC are. ...
Fairs points but don't they show that PC doesn't rule as you claim then? I think the 'PC' will be complaining about such things bu they just don't have much power.

Given you hate America you appear to watch a lot of American TV?
Not really. You absorb stuff, flicking through channels, adverts for shows ...I don't live completely in a bubble. :) At the moment I'm addicted to house renovation/selling programmes.
And my point was that the PC are hypocrites. I won't elaborate because I've done that often enough. Don't have much power? Right.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

dented fender... and I thought no one remembered the Who...

-Imp
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:And my point was that the PC are hypocrites. ...
I'm at a loss as to what you actually want? Personally I doubt these 'PC' of yours don't complain about the examples you gave but I find your claim that these 'PC' are hypocritical because they can't address everything at once a strange position as do you or don't you want this 'PC' to operate?
You say you don't want to go back to the good old days where women, homosexuals, et al were put in their place but I'm puzzled as to why you keep chipping away at one of the foundations of why we're not back there.
I won't elaborate because I've done that often enough. Don't have much power? Right.
If they have this power they I doubt your examples would be in existence. To be honest you sound like one of the curmudgeonly old farts who pines for a non-existent time through rose-tinted glasses.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
I'm at a loss as to what you actually want? Personally I doubt these 'PC' of yours don't complain about the examples you gave but I find your claim that these 'PC' are hypocritical because they can't address everything at once a strange position as do you or don't you want this 'PC' to operate?
You say you don't want to go back to the good old days where women, homosexuals, et al were put in their place but I'm puzzled as to why you keep chipping away at one of the foundations of why we're not back there.
I won't elaborate because I've done that often enough. Don't have much power? Right.
If they have this power they I doubt your examples would be in existence. To be honest you sound like one of the curmudgeonly old farts who pines for a non-existent time through rose-tinted glasses.
Whatever. I wasn't even around in the 50s. Don't respond if you don't understand. Do I really have to spell everything out to you?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: And my point was that the PC are hypocrites. I won't elaborate because I've done that often enough. Don't have much power? Right.
Meaning you don't really have an answer, so you just bluff.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
Whatever. I wasn't even around in the 50s. Don't respond if you don't understand. Do I really have to spell everything out to you?
You still aren't around in any meaningful way.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:I'm at a loss as to what you actually want? Personally I doubt these 'PC' of yours don't complain about the examples you gave but I find your claim that these 'PC' are hypocritical because they can't address everything at once a strange position as do you or don't you want this 'PC' to operate?
You still aren't around in any meaningful way.
And you are a fucking moron. You don't even have a clue what the conversation is about. Is there anything specific you disagreed with? Just stay away from me you retarded yank piece of shit.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: And you are a fucking moron. You don't even have a clue what the conversation is about. Is there anything specific you disagreed with? Just stay away from me you retarded yank piece of shit.
Ah, abuse, how refreshing, a change from your usual abuse.
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
Is that what the PC think? That they are simply enlightened human beings? That they alone have sole responsibility for every positive advance in social evolution? Destroying free speech is not enlightenment. Censorship is not enlightenment. Controlling language and deciding which words are or are not politically acceptable to them is not enlightenment.
Ok. So that video wasn't politically correct. Being gently patronising to a woman is not politically acceptable, but hanging women from hooks is. Hmm.
Where were the 'Progressive' protests when the US and GB were bombing the shit out of the ME? When their vicious mercenaries were terrorising ordinary Iraqis? They were nowhere, because they are hypocrites who are only interested in whether someone from one of their pet causes is going to be 'offended'. Social justice warriors are wonderful people. PCSJWs are not.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.