What do you like to watch on TV?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

What do you like to watch on TV?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

For me it's the Star Trek series (even if they are repeats) except for Star Trek Enterprise; I also like to watch Supernatural, Family Feud with Richard Dawson and Steve Harvey, the news and various other items. And you?

PhilX
thedoc

Re: What do you like to watch on TV?

Post by thedoc »

My wife and I don't watch a lot of TV but we do enjoy a few shows. Certain British comedies are fun and mysteries, a few of the talent shows when they are on, and most of the shows that we enjoy are very short run because it seems that no-one else likes them.

I must add that in the process of making some of the crime shows the actors playing the criminals do a really good job, because they make me really dislike them, till I stop and think that they are actors playing a part and probably aren't like that in real life. I have later found out that sometimes the actors playing the 'good guys' are not really very nice people.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: they are actors playing a part and probably aren't like that in real life. I have later found out that sometimes the actors playing the 'good guys' are not really very nice people.
Pretty much like here then.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:
thedoc wrote: they are actors playing a part and probably aren't like that in real life. I have later found out that sometimes the actors playing the 'good guys' are not really very nice people.
Pretty much like here then.
It's rather disingenuous when you talk about yourself like that.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

thedoc wrote: It's rather disingenuous when you talk about yourself like that.
Is it? Why?
duszek

Post by duszek »

Inspector Barnaby.

It´s like being in England without having to travel.

Also films about nature, animals and plants.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Million dollar listing LA.
Just love to see greedy money-obsessed yanks with grotesquely stretched faces. :)
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote:My wife and I don't watch a lot of TV but we do enjoy a few shows. Certain British comedies are fun and mysteries, a few of the talent shows when they are on, and most of the shows that we enjoy are very short run because it seems that no-one else likes them.

I must add that in the process of making some of the crime shows the actors playing the criminals do a really good job, because they make me really dislike them, till I stop and think that they are actors playing a part and probably aren't like that in real life. I have later found out that sometimes the actors playing the 'good guys' are not really very nice people.
Yes. I have notices how yanks have a great deal of difficulty separating TV and movie fiction from reality. It hasn't gone unnoticed the way yanks, when interviewed after some disaster or other will invariably say, 'ooh, it was just like a MOVIE'. Umm no. Reality came first. Movie second, Ke-mo sah-bees.
:roll:
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote:For me it's the Star Trek series (even if they are repeats) except for Star Trek Enterprise; I also like to watch Supernatural, Family Feud with Richard Dawson and Steve Harvey, the news and various other items. And you?

PhilX
I'm a Star Trek nerd too. :) It took a while to get into 'Voyager' after TNG, but enjoying it a lot now. I'm a late convert, watching the reruns on channel Zed.