General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Trappist-1

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

thedoc

Re: Trappist-1

Post by thedoc »

It will be interesting to see how this develops, considering how close they are.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

I don't look at YouTube videos, but I already know you posted a good one. Some people will claim NASA has made it up to get more money; if this were true, the media would've jumped on it. I think the basic question is whether the world is getting its money's worth? Let's say I hope so.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
I don't look at YouTube videos, but I already know you posted a good one. Some people will claim NASA has made it up to get more money; if this were true, the media would've jumped on it. I think the basic question is whether the world is getting its money's worth? Let's say I hope so.

PhilX
Why don't you look at youtube videos? I find that videos on websites other than youtube take ages to load. I thought you would have posted something about this so I did instead. NASA would be insane to do that. It would lose all credibility and I think it struggles for funding, especially considering the anti-science Govt. you have now.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:

PhilX
Why don't you look at youtube videos? I find that videos on websites other than youtube take ages to load. I thought you would have posted something about this so I did instead. NASA would be insane to do that. It would lose all credibility and I think it struggles for funding, especially considering the anti-science Govt. you have now.
My posts with links have a nasty habit of disappearing at this forum.

Like many people, I have my own YouTube app in my smartphone. What happens there is soon as I look up a suggested video, the related videos changes which can be hard to get back. Plus due to DarwinX, I grew to have a certain distaste for YouTube videos. So I try to avoid those videos.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

My posts with links have a nasty habit of disappearing at this forum.

Like many people, I have my own YouTube app in my smartphone. What happens there is soon as I look up a suggested video, the related videos changes which can be hard to get back. Plus due to DarwinX, I grew to have a certain distaste for YouTube videos. So I try to avoid those videos.

PhilX
I thought the video was beautifully made and quite moving, so I thought I would share it.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

I've been somewhat following this topic, but this system is news to me. Thanks veggie, that's great stuff.
vegetariantaxidermy

SpheresOfBalance wrote:I've been somewhat following this topic, but this system is news to me. Thanks veggie, that's great stuff.
Glad you enjoyed it. Good to see you back SOB.
SpheresOfBalance

SpheresOfBalance wrote:I've been somewhat following this topic, but this system is news to me. Thanks veggie, that's great stuff.
Yeah, my last visit was just prior to election day, and I've been sick to death ever since the election. I'm still feeling a bit woozie and expect to feel that way for approximately 3 years and 9 months. But I'm sure I'll be feeling better then. ;-) And thanks for the friendly acknowledgement. Of course it's back at you, except that it's good to see you're still here, no matter how we may eventually go at one another, depending on the topic at hand. ;-) :-* (<- that's a kiss, on the cheek of course!)
vegetariantaxidermy

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Yeah, my last visit was just prior to election day, and I've been sick to death ever since the election. I'm still feeling a bit woozie and expect to feel that way for approximately 3 years and 9 months. But I'm sure I'll be feeling better then. ;-) And thanks for the friendly acknowledgement. Of course it's back at you, except that it's good to see you're still here, no matter how we may eventually go at one another, depending on the topic at hand. ;-) :-* (<- that's a kiss, on the cheek of course!)
:)
SpheresOfBalance

Hey veggie, why the blackness of your avatar, has darkness descended upon your life somehow? I surely hope not! :(
vegetariantaxidermy

SpheresOfBalance wrote:Hey veggie, why the blackness of your avatar, has darkness descended upon your life somehow? I surely hope not! :(
Can't you see? It's a black cat at night with its eyes shut. :)
SpheresOfBalance

SpheresOfBalance wrote:Hey veggie, why the blackness of your avatar, has darkness descended upon your life somehow? I surely hope not! :(
Can't you see? It's a black cat at night with its eyes shut. :)
Oh yeah, now I see it! ;-) :lol:

So how many others fell for it? ;-)
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Oh yeah, now I see it! ;-) :lol:

Only those who actually cared that her avatar might mean something.
SpheresOfBalance

thedoc wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Oh yeah, now I see it! ;-) :lol:

Only those who actually cared that her avatar might mean something.
Smart ass! ;-)