How do I stay Sugar free?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

How do I stay Sugar free?

Post by Harbal »

I've had an account on Facebook for a couple of years now and, so far, I've managed to keep it "friend" free. Today, however, I've received a notification that Alan Sugar wants to be my friend. I would welcome any advice on how I can decline his offer without getting fired.
There is, of course, the possibility that I've got this wrong, the workings of "Social Media" are not something I seem to have much intuitive understanding of.
Hobbes' Choice

Re: How do I stay Sugar free?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

It seems to me that having a FB account with no friends is like sitting in a restaurant and not eating. The only difference is that you won't get thrown off.
But from time to time a waiter will come along with a menu to offer you something.

I think Alan Sugar would make you a very good friend. He might even sell you a computer.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: I think Alan Sugar would make you a very good friend. He might even sell you a computer.
In order for me to accept Alan Sugar as a friend, he would have to give me a computer.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harbal wrote:I've had an account on Facebook for a couple of years now and, so far, I've managed to keep it "friend" free. Today, however, I've received a notification that Alan Sugar wants to be my friend. I would welcome any advice on how I can decline his offer without getting fired.
There is, of course, the possibility that I've got this wrong, the workings of "Social Media" are not something I seem to have much intuitive understanding of.
I came here thinking you were after dietary advice. :lol: Sugar must have somehow found your page and clicked 'invite friend' or whatever it is, unless there's some kind of bot that automatically sends invites to everyone. That wouldn't surprise me. As for FB, so you are using it for its actual purpose, to nosey around seeing what everyone else is up to? :wink: Notice how narcissistic people on there are? Constantly taking 'selfies' so all their 'friends' can tell them how 'georgeous and beautiful' they are (which they often are not).
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: As for FB. So you are using it for its actual purpose, to nosey around seeing what everyone else is up to? :wink:
I registered in error, under the mistaken impression that it was some kind of cosmetic surgery catalogue. I was considering getting my ears lifted at the time, in order to better support my glasses. :wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harbal wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: As for FB. So you are using it for its actual purpose, to nosey around seeing what everyone else is up to? :wink:
I registered in error, under the mistaken impression that it was some kind of cosmetic surgery catalogue. I was considering getting my ears lifted at the time, in order to better support my glasses. :wink:
lol. Well you are stuck with it now. It's like the Hotel California. Once you check in there you can never leave. :shock:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Well you are stuck with it now.
Yes, the notification emails are getting very tedious now. I would change my registered email address for one I don't use but I'm still living in hope that Kylie Minogue will befriend me, If I should be so lucky.