Did you know that you don't need to register a gun in

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: Did you know that you don't need to register a gun in

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:the US if you make the gun yourself? Or if you like, you can get a gun-making kit and build yourself a gun and no law says you have to register it. Totally legal. So much for gun control.

PhilX
Who cares?
Obviously you foreigners don't care since you've lived under tyranny for so long, and have been brainwashed by your despotic government for so long that if you ever had a breath of freedom it would probably knock you out cold!
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:the US if you make the gun yourself? Or if you like, you can get a gun-making kit and build yourself a gun and no law says you have to register it. Totally legal. So much for gun control.

PhilX
Who cares?
Obviously you don't

PhilX
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
bobevenson wrote:It doesn't matter whether you make a gun or buy a gun, the government has no way of establishing ownership of the 300 million guns in America, thank God for the National Rifle Association and other gun advocates.
You're deliberately overlooking state law.
I'm telling you that the federal government does not have the ability to track gun ownership as mandated by congress, and if the federal government can't do it, I guarantee you that the states don't have a snowball's chance in hell of doing it!
I don't buy this in today's times and technology.

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Again, it's not that the Federal government can't computerize owner information, it's that Congress won't let them. All the government has are millions of boxes of forms that would choke a horse and are basically unusable unless you hired an army of clerks to look for something. Comprende? Viva la Second Amendment!

"A computerized system is strictly limited by federal law that prohibits the creation of a searchable database based on firearms' purchasers."
-USA Today
Philosophy Explorer

Re:

bobevenson wrote:Again, it's not that the Federal government can't computerize owner information, it's that Congress won't let them. All the government has are boxes of forms that would choke a horse and are basically unusable unless you hired an army of clerks to look for something. Comprende? Viva la Second Amendment!

"A computerized system is strictly limited by federal law that prohibits the creation of a searchable database based on firearms' purchasers."
-USA Today
Don't worry Bob. The feds will get you (as they already did).

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

If Procter & Gamble and the FBI, two of the most powerful institutions on Earth, couldn't get me, I'd like to know who in the hell could!
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote:If Procter & Gamble and the FBI, two of the most powerful institutions on Earth, couldn't get me, I'd like to know who in the hell could!
Yourself.

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Well, I do admit that when I came to the conclusion that Tor will be the name of the Second Coming of Christ, I flinched like I was going to be hit by a bolt of lightning!
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
It wasn't this particular article, but the information's the same. If you want to do a search, try gun-making kits laws:

https://www.google.com/amp/fusion.net/s ... -home/amp/

PhilX

PS I checked out this article further and it has more details so you're getting more in the bargain.
Why don't you EVER read what you link.
FROM YOUR OWN LINK:'
"Anyone can build their own gun at home, as long as they are legally able to own one."
You haven't read the article well. Here's the part that actually makes it legal for anyone:

"It all goes back to one very special part. The lower receiver is the part of the firearm that makes a gun a gun—the part that gets stamped with a serial number, and that requires a background check. It connects all the moving parts of the gun and makes it shoot. If you purchase what’s called an “unfinished lower receiver,” one that still requires a few extra holes to be drilled out, it’s not a gun yet, so you’re buying a hunk of metal like any other, according to federal gun laws. No background check necessary."

The kit lets you drill those holes yourself. This means you can make the gun for yourself without having to register it nor serialize it. And this is all legal.

PhilX

PhilX
Anyone can make a gun. That is not the issue. The issue is that even if you make it, if you are not legally allowed to have a gun you are still not allowed to OWN it.
Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Why don't you EVER read what you link.
FROM YOUR OWN LINK:'
"Anyone can build their own gun at home, as long as they are legally able to own one."
You haven't read the article well. Here's the part that actually makes it legal for anyone:

"It all goes back to one very special part. The lower receiver is the part of the firearm that makes a gun a gun—the part that gets stamped with a serial number, and that requires a background check. It connects all the moving parts of the gun and makes it shoot. If you purchase what’s called an “unfinished lower receiver,” one that still requires a few extra holes to be drilled out, it’s not a gun yet, so you’re buying a hunk of metal like any other, according to federal gun laws. No background check necessary."

The kit lets you drill those holes yourself. This means you can make the gun for yourself without having to register it nor serialize it. And this is all legal.

PhilX

PhilX
Anyone can make a gun. That is not the issue. The issue is that even if you make it, if you are not legally allowed to have a gun you are still not allowed to OWN it.
In the eyes of the law, what you make isn't even considered to be a gun, just a hunk of metal.

PhilX
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote:Well, I do admit that when I came to the conclusion that Tor will be the name of the Second Coming of Christ, I flinched like I was going to be hit by a bolt of lightning!
Do you blame yourself or P&G for having the FBI come after you?

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

bobevenson wrote:Well, I do admit that when I came to the divinely inspired and guided conclusion that Tor will be the name of the Second Coming of Christ, I flinched like I was going to be hit by a bolt of lightning since I thought it was the most blasphemous idea that had ever crossed my mind!
I believe P&G entered into an illegal conspiracy with the FBI based on my letters to P&G. I didn't do anything illegal, but I think P&G and the FBI did. The business reporter for the Cincinnati Enquirer who covered P&G for the paper asked me why P&G didn't sue me like it did so many other people, and when I told her, she wanted to write an investigative article, but couldn't get editorial approval http://church-of-ouzo.com/pdf/cincinnati-enquirer.pdf.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

bobevenson wrote:
Thank God for the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution!
Can you own a gun if you have been incarcerated in a mental institution?
Philosophy Explorer

bobevenson wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Well, I do admit that when I came to the divinely inspired and guided conclusion that Tor will be the name of the Second Coming of Christ, I flinched like I was going to be hit by a bolt of lightning since I thought it was the most blasphemous idea that had ever crossed my mind!
I believe P&G entered into an illegal conspiracy with the FBI based on my letters to P&G. I didn't do anything illegal, but I think P&G and the FBI did. The business reporter for the Cincinnati Enquirer who covered P&G for the paper asked me why P&G didn't sue me like it did so many other people, and when I told her, she wanted to write an investigative article, but couldn't get editorial approval http://church-of-ouzo.com/pdf/cincinnati-enquirer.pdf.
I looked up P&G's alleged connection to Satanism. I found this Wikipedia article that gives some details under logo myth:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procter_%26_Gamble

The article indicates that through imagination, the logo had Satanic symbolism so to end the controversy, the logo was changed. The article also added that P&G was accused of giving a portion of its profits to the Church of Satan or other occult organizations for which no evidence exists. The question now is what is Bob's connection to this that would cause an FBI investigation and what does Bob think about the moon and 13 stars logo? (Bob already said he wrote letters to P&G, but hasn't said what he wrote about).

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

The reason P&G abandoned its iconic moon-and-stars logo is the paper, "That Infamous Logo," http://church-of-ouzo.com/pdf/infamous-logo.pdf, the title taken from a Cincinnati church sermon I happened to attend. P&G's big mistake was in ever answering my letters, but its biggest mistake was in not answering them. If you want information on P&G's satanic rumor problem, don't waste your time on Wikipedia, go directly to the source, Robert Merlin Evenson.
Last edited by bobevenson on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.