Is it true in the UK that you need a license to own a...

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Is it true in the UK that you need a license to own a...

Post by Harbal »

bobevenson wrote: What, do you mean your government masters made a mistake by not having an additional fee for listening to the radio???
No, it is I who made the mistake by participating in this thread. You are a bone head, bob, and that is one of your better qualities.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Why don't you and your idiot friends just take a hike!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:... Ms. Novak, ...
:lol: :lol: :lol: You do know that most will have no clue who you are talking about, time to leave the 50's boob it's the C21th in case you missed it. Oh! Wait!! No need as your country is about to return there. :lol:
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:... Ms. Novak, ...

You do know that most will have no clue what you are talking about...
What, Kim or twat? You can elucidate!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

I can! My name is Kim and you are a twat still living in the 1950's. :lol:
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:My name is Kim and you are a twat.
My name is Bob and you have a twat.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

I know I do bobby and you're it!! :lol:
ForCruxSake

Post by ForCruxSake »

bobevenson wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:
bobevenson wrote:England's fee for watching TV violates the very foundation of free speech. The power to tax or charge a fee for watching TV is the power to destroy free speech no matter how you try to sanitize it!

I know I shouldn't encourage you, as I have been warned... but what's your logic?

Please, U.K. or England, it's just a shell game of smoke and mirrors to keep you guessing. Who the hell do you think you're kidding? And your reference to a government TV payment to safeguard the public, what kind of doublespeak crap is that!

Ok, so I ask for logic and I get gibberish nonsense. When people get this stupid it's because they are being defensive but I have no idea what you are defending... as you have abandoned logic! I like a good argument every now and again, but it has to make sense, and it shouldn't involve wading through a stream of someone's bile.

I was warned you were a village idiot and I defended the position of village idiot, as every idiot has his place in the village... But you're very much less than an idiot...You are the attempt of two brain cells trying to make contact and failing miserably. You're transmission in remission. There's very little being communicated.

I think people indulge you, even when they insult you, when their time would be better spent ignoring you.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ForCruxSake wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote: I stand corrected, it is a "fee" but it is not voluntary.
It's voluntary in the sense that if you have no equipment you don't pay. I know people that 'live off the grid'.
Does that make it voluntary? It just means it doesn't apply to you, if you have no equipment, making you exempt from the charge.

It's amazing that your friends can live off the grid. How do they do that without a phone?
I think you have to definition of voluntary; does not apply to you. People make choices, a small number choose to not have a TV.

There was a time, not so long ago that no one had a phone.
My family did not even have a land line until 1968. And I did not bother with a mobile until 1998, when I lived in a house with no landline at all.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:I know I have a twat bobby!!
Well, Ms. Kim Novak wannabe, I welcome your coming out of the closet!
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

ForCruxSake wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
ForCruxSake wrote:
I know I shouldn't encourage you, as I have been warned... but what's your logic?

Please, U.K. or England, it's just a shell game of smoke and mirrors to keep you guessing. Who the hell do you think you're kidding? And your reference to a government TV payment to safeguard the public, what kind of doublespeak crap is that!

Ok, so I ask for logic and I get gibberish nonsense. When people get this stupid it's because they are being defensive but I have no idea what you are defending... as you have abandoned logic! I like a good argument every now and again, but it has to make sense, and it shouldn't involve wading through a stream of someone's bile.

I was warned you were a village idiot and I defended the position of village idiot, as every idiot has his place in the village... But you're very much less than an idiot...You are the attempt of two brain cells trying to make contact and failing miserably. You're transmission in remission. There's very little being communicated.

I think people indulge you, even when they insult you, when their time would be better spent ignoring you.
Hey, ForCruxSake, you've got a stupid monicker, and I think I'll just let it go at that!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Well, Ms. Kim Novak wannabe, I welcome your coming out of the closet!
:lol: You appear to be getting your sexuality confused but no surprise there.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Well, Ms. Kim Novak wannabe, I welcome your coming out of the closet!

You appear to be getting your sexuality confused.
More British double-speak.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Only to a bear with very little brain. :lol:

And really, misquoting me all the time - how sad.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:And really, misquoting me all the time - how sad.
That's an expression Donald Trump uses all the time.