Goodbye

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Goodbye

Post by Lacewing »

The time has come for me to say goodbye and move on to other things. It has been an entertaining and informative experience. Thanks... and best wishes to all of you.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Goodbye

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

That's a shame. I enjoy your posts immensely. I keep meaning to do the same, but members keep writing nonsense I have to put right. :wink:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote:The time has come for me to say goodbye and move on to other things. It has been an entertaining and informative experience. Thanks... and best wishes to all of you.
Naaw.. hope you're not leaving just because you've been outed as a theist and the cool kids (the atheists) don't want to hang out with you anymore!

Best wishes to you too.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Thank you for your contributions; even some of us cool kids will miss them. All the best.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Lacewing wrote:The time has come for me to say goodbye and move on to other things. It has been an entertaining and informative experience. Thanks... and best wishes to all of you.
Oh my.... Lace, for all the headaches I've caused you, I am truly sorry. I will miss you, but will shortly follow suit. But then again, I keep coming back. I wish you all the best, and can only hope that you will grace us again. Your absence is our loss.

Please take this as sincere.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Why now, Lacewing? Moving on...to Where and What other things? How did this forum entertain you? What have you found most informative?

Perhaps you have grown weary and need a break. I've done this quite a few times. Hope your goodbye is as temporary. Take care.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Skip

Post by Skip »

Every forum grows tiresome and repetitious sometimes.
I go away for a few months or even years, looking once in a while, to see if anything's changed.
Out of five or six sites, one is usually interesting enough to visit daily.
Good luck!
duszek

Post by duszek »

The question is whether one has something better to do instead.

We need real experience in the real world in order to contribute quality stuff on a forum.

I never say never.
Quant à moi je ne dis jamais jamais.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

.......at damn fucking last!!
Skip

Post by Skip »

duszek wrote: Quant à moi je ne dis jamais jamais.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFtGfyruroU
Greta

Post by Greta »

It's a good idea to take a break - maybe do a few healthy things instead. I should dial back forum use too.

LW, if you are reading this thread ... stop immediately and go back to real life! :)
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

I was just gettin gto like your posts too!
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Skip wrote:
duszek wrote: Quant à moi je ne dis jamais jamais.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFtGfyruroU
Ah, merveilleix - the little sparrow sings. So strong. In the storm. Such a life.
Not regretting anything; not the good things...nor the bad things...it's all the same...

Reminds me that to have la vie en rose - a passionate life, there needs to be a little shit, somewhere, sometime...
But not too much -

So, yes, step out for a while; breathe the fresh air. Return refreshed, just whenever...
Bonne chance, Lacewing 8)

PS if you haven't already - the film 'La vie En Rose - with Marion Cotillard as Piaf - worth a watch...
Skip

Post by Skip »

I just received a refresher course in why Lacewing left.
SYLA - AAWC