Yesterday's shopping experience.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Yesterday's shopping experience.

Post by Harbal »

Most supermarkets have a centre of gravity -known as the reduced section- and it’s always the first place I go when I walk in the store. I know I’m not going to get the bargain of a lifetime there but I can’t stop myself from behaving as if I might. It seems to attract old people like buddleia attracts butterflies. I’m sure when people reach a certain age they develop an extra sense that enables them to be aware of exactly what’s going on behind them because the little old woman riffling through the shelves knows exactly when to move to the left or right in perfect unison with me as I try to get round her, thus very efficiently blocking my access to the marked down objects of my desire that taunt me from just beyond my reach. And why the hell is she picking up and inspecting a moussaka for pity’s sake? There’s no way she’s going to eat a moussaka, she wouldn’t know what an aubergine was if one hit her between the eyes (oh, if only one would). I know from experience that it’s a waiting game; until she has picked up every item and disdainfully tossed it back again, she’s not going anywhere. She could at least turn round for a moment to take receipt of the filthy look I’m trying to give her. In the end, after what seems like an eternity, she walks away empty handed, just like we both knew she would.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Yesterday's shopping experience.

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harbal wrote:Most supermarkets have a centre of gravity -known as the reduced section- and it’s always the first place I go when I walk in the store. I know I’m not going to get the bargain of a lifetime there but I can’t stop myself from behaving as if I might. It seems to attract old people like buddleia attracts butterflies. I’m sure when people reach a certain age they develop an extra sense that enables them to be aware of exactly what’s going on behind them because the little old woman riffling through the shelves knows exactly when to move to the left or right in perfect unison with me as I try to get round her, thus very efficiently blocking my access to the marked down objects of my desire that taunt me from just beyond my reach. And why the hell is she picking up and inspecting a moussaka for pity’s sake? There’s no way she’s going to eat a moussaka, she wouldn’t know what an aubergine was if one hit her between the eyes (oh, if only one would). I know from experience that it’s a waiting game; until she has picked up every item and disdainfully tossed it back again, she’s not going anywhere. She could at least turn round for a moment to take receipt of the filthy look I’m trying to give her. In the end, after what seems like an eternity, she walks away empty handed, just like we both knew she would.
We don't have anything like that. Sounds like a good idea. I like bananas that are actually ripe, not green, but as soon as they show any sign of ripening they disappear, probably into a skip somewhere. Same with avocados. What can you do with a rock hard avocado? Such a waste.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Same with avocados. What can you do with a rock hard avocado? Such a waste.
What can you do with an avocado anyway? I always want to buy one but I wouldn't know what to do with it.

So don't they reduce the price of stuff when it reaches its sell by date where you live?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harbal wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Same with avocados. What can you do with a rock hard avocado? Such a waste.
What can you do with an avocado anyway? I always want to buy one but I wouldn't know what to do with it.

So don't they reduce the price of stuff when it reaches its sell by date where you live?
No. They just throw it away. It's a disgrace really. Avocados are delicious. Nice on toast with butter too. Very good for you.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Avocados are delicious. Nice on toast with butter too. Very good for you.
Thank you, I'll look into this.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

You can use your speciall card, do something, I don't know, start singing happy birthday to the woman till she leaves, then when someone ask you to stop singing:
"I can't hear you young man, my ears are not what they were, oh, I was acting strange, but, you know, you should show some respect, it won't happen again, I forgot my medication, you look just like my grandson". And they'll let you go 8)
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Harbal wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Avocados are delicious. Nice on toast with butter too. Very good for you.
Thank you, I'll look into this.
Goes great with smoked salmon.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: And why the hell is she picking up and inspecting a moussaka for pity’s sake? There’s no way she’s going to eat a moussaka, she wouldn’t know what an aubergine was.
Eggplant i fink.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote:
I keep thinking of turning one or two (if a more voluptuous woman is in mind) into vaginas.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Goomy on a New Year´s Eve ?

Avocados have so much fat that you can eat them with rolls or bread.
The taste is not spicy though. So good strong English tea would balance the taste very well, I think.

Some people are a little bit bored and try to attract our attention. On a forum or in a supertmarket or anywhere else. On a forum you can skip such a troll, in a supermarket you can go away and look at other marchandise and then come back when the troll is gone.

If it is not possible to avoid a nuisance one can calm one´s nerves with repeating a nice text in one´s mind, like for example "Pour faire partie du petit noyau, du petit groupe ..." or "Shall I compare thee to a summer´s day ... "

I never thought that Atto could be THAT vulgar. :roll:

Peace.