How fast would you like a driverless car to go?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

On a 50-mph highway (human-driven), how fast should the car go?

1st choice: 45 mph
No votes
2nd choice: 50 mph
No votes
3rd choice: 55 mph
No votes
Another choice (write-in)
100%

Total votes: 4

thedoc

Re: How fast would you like a driverless car to go?

Post by thedoc »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Have you ever used GPS technology?

PhilX
My daughter had it on her cell phone and it was constantly telling me to turn off my intended course. I ignored it and proceed on the course I had already derided on. She eventually turned it of due to a low battery.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

thedoc wrote:

PhilX
My daughter had it on her cell phone and it was constantly telling me to turn off my intended course. I ignored it and proceed on the course I had already derided on. She eventually turned it of due to a low battery.
How about the car itself? How did it work out?

PhilX
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
thedoc wrote:

PhilX

PhilX
It worked out fine, I got where I wanted to go without problem or interference from the GPS system.
Philosophy Explorer

thedoc wrote:
thedoc wrote:

PhilX
It worked out fine, I got where I wanted to go without problem or interference from the GPS system.
You sure you're not Harbal? :lol:

PhilX
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

thedoc wrote:

PhilX
You sure you're not Harbal? :lol:

PhilX
Positive, I wouldn't dream of being Harbal.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Greta wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Cars will soon be a thing of the past with human express magnetic impulse travel tubes, which will be able to accelerate a human being up to a designed 700mph but leading eventually to speeds up to 2000mph (depending on the length of the journey) and safely decelerate them back to zero arriving comfortably to their destination.

Planes, and conventional vehicles will be a thing of the past with travel to the other side of the world in less than a day.
I can imagine this eventually happening in east Asia but I can't see how a democratic society could possibly create that kind of new infrastructure because numerous properties would need to be taken over, not to mention interference from powerful legacy energy players.
When the petrol runs out and the electric car is shown to be the vanity project that it in fact is, the road space will be available for the tubes. It is simply impractical to have each person in their own autonomous, self powered metal box, and battery technology, even with recycling makes rare metal very expensive.
Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Greta wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Cars will soon be a thing of the past with human express magnetic impulse travel tubes, which will be able to accelerate a human being up to a designed 700mph but leading eventually to speeds up to 2000mph (depending on the length of the journey) and safely decelerate them back to zero arriving comfortably to their destination.

Planes, and conventional vehicles will be a thing of the past with travel to the other side of the world in less than a day.
I can imagine this eventually happening in east Asia but I can't see how a democratic society could possibly create that kind of new infrastructure because numerous properties would need to be taken over, not to mention interference from powerful legacy energy players.
When the petrol runs out and the electric car is shown to be the vanity project that it in fact is, the road space will be available for the tubes. It is simply impractical to have each person in their own autonomous, self powered metal box, and battery technology, even with recycling makes rare metal very expensive.
Show me the articles that allegedly back you up on this as many contradict what you're saying and sculpting in a studio doesn't make you an expert.

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Greta wrote: I can imagine this eventually happening in east Asia but I can't see how a democratic society could possibly create that kind of new infrastructure because numerous properties would need to be taken over, not to mention interference from powerful legacy energy players.
Show me the articles that allegedly back you up on this as many contradict what you're saying and sculpting in a studio doesn't make you an expert.

PhilX
Run along little boy and let the adults enjoy their speculations.
Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

PhilX
Trying to provoke me isn't going to work for you. So where's your evidence or are you making up stories again?

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

PhilX
Trying to provoke me isn't going to work for you. So where's your evidence or are you making up stories again?

PhilX
Run along I was not talking to you.
Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

PhilX
Oh you were having a conversation with yourself then? You would do better if you run along and clear your mind.

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

PhilX
Oh you were having a conversation with yourself then? You would do better if you run along and clear your mind.

PhilX
~Run along I was talking to Greta. You know what you get like when you argue - you get banned.
Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

PhilX
~Run along I was talking to Greta. You know what you get like when you argue - you get banned.
You were talking to both me and Greta, but to me first on 3/7/2017.

Who says what I'm getting like? No name calling from me. No insults. And it is my right to have you prove to me what you're claiming on this thread for which you haven't provided a shred of evidence. I already know you can't back up what you claim on this thread. And by the way, I do know what you get like when you pretend to debate.

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

PhilX

Who says what I'm getting like? No name calling from me. No insults. And it is my right to have you prove to me what you're claiming on this thread for which you haven't provided a shred of evidence. I already know you can't back up what you claim on this thread. And by the way, I do know what you get like when you pretend to debate.

PhilX
You thread have had 290 views but only 4 votes. Think about it.
Otherwise...

Please refer to the answers I made to you earlier today.
Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

PhilX
Please refer to the answers I made to you earlier today.
I've already done that. Where is the evidence that backs up your claims?

PhilX