Dementia now the biggest cause of death over taking Heart Disease

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: Dementia now the biggest cause of death over taking Heart Disease

Post by Lacewing »

TSBU wrote:But c'mon, looking at flags is a flag.
You seem to be taking this whole flag thing out of context... and simplifying it down in a way that completely misses the point. The discussion about flags (and countries) is about what they represent and people's loyalty to them. Flags represent ownership and identity. When entire nations are taught from early childhood to stand and pledge allegiance to a flag (and a country), that's not a small thing. It's not about the piece of cloth, it's about the attitude.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Lacewing wrote:
You seem to be taking this whole flag thing out of context... and simplifying it down in a way that completely misses the point. The discussion about flags (and countries) is about what they represent and people's loyalty to them. Flags represent ownership and identity. When entire nations are taught from early childhood to stand and pledge allegiance to a flag (and a country), that's not a small thing. It's not about the piece of cloth, it's about the attitude.
Go huging a tree flowapowa.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

TSBU wrote:Go huging a tree flowapowa.
I have an idea for what you could do with a flag.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Lacewing wrote:
The attitude is wrong, divisive and unnatural as the flag is no more than cloth and an illusion.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

I like to be an alien.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

TSBU wrote:I like to be an alien.
When are you lot going to invade so that humans can unite against you.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
TSBU wrote:I like to be an alien.
When are you lot going to invade so that humans can unite against you.
Oh, you humans are so anthtropocentric... when you think about aliens you always think in invasions, or people puting instruments in your anus, but we are not like you, we have other interests you know? I'm not going to "invade" you.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: The attitude is wrong, divisive and unnatural as the flag is no more than cloth and an illusion.
When I was a little boy we often went on holiday to Blackpool. My mummy used to buy me a bucket, spade and some little paper flags on wooden sticks, which I would plant on top of the sand castles I made with the bucket and spade. I used to love those little flags but if you had your way there would be countless children deprived of yet another innocent pleasure you and your kind are set on banning. Suffer the little children to play, Hobbes.

[Edited by iMod]
Last edited by iMod on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal invective
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Harbal wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: The attitude is wrong, divisive and unnatural as the flag is no more than cloth and an illusion.
When I was a little boy we often went on holiday to Blackpool. My mummy used to buy me a bucket, spade and some little paper flags on wooden sticks, which I would plant on top of the sand castles I made with the bucket and spade. I used to love those little flags but if you had your way there would be countless children deprived of yet another innocent pleasure you and your kind are set on banning. Suffer the little children to play, Hobbes, you heartless fucker.
Does that mean you won't be joining my Flag Burners International, an organization that will burn every country's flag, one by one, and then start over again?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote:
Harbal wrote:
When I was a little boy we often went on holiday to Blackpool. My mummy used to buy me a bucket, spade and some little paper flags on wooden sticks, which I would plant on top of the sand castles I made with the bucket and spade. I used to love those little flags but if you had your way there would be countless children deprived of yet another innocent pleasure you and your kind are set on banning. Suffer the little children to play, Hobbes, you heartless fucker.
Does that mean you won't be joining my Flag Burners International, an organization that will burn every country's flag, one by one, and then start over again?
Start over again with what? Does the AEP have a design for a flag? What does it look like and what does it symbolize?

PhilX
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bobevenson wrote: Does that mean you won't be joining my Flag Burners International, an organization that will burn every country's flag, one by one, and then start over again?
It doesn't sound very environmentally friendly, don't you care about your carbon footprint?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:Does the AEP have a design for a flag? What does it look like?
Is it time for Americans
To cut through the haze
Of a dreary national government
Gloomier than the weather?
Can one State among our fifty
Rekindle the spirit that set us free?
Will we salute a bold new flag,
A great white star on a field of red?
Or will the yellow star of Vietnam
Confuse us on a cloudy day.

The AEP flag has an abstract white star on a field of red in the upper left quadrant with shards of light streaming from the points to the border of the flag.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

bobevenson wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:Does the AEP have a design for a flag? What does it look like?
Is it time for Americans
To cut through the haze
Of a dreary national government
Gloomier than the weather?
Can one State among our fifty
Rekindle the spirit that set us free?
Will we salute a bold new flag,
A great white star on a field of red?
Or will the yellow star of Vietnam
Confuse us on a cloudy day.

The AEP flag has an abstract white star on a field of red in the upper left quadrant with shards of light streaming from the points to the border of the flag.
don't forget shards of bat shit.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Harbal wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Does that mean you won't be joining my Flag Burners International, an organization that will burn every country's flag, one by one, and then start over again?
It doesn't sound very environmentally friendly, don't you care about your carbon footprint?
How about cutting up the flags and sewing them up into patchwork quilts? Or give them to the homeless to keep them warm.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Dementia now the biggest cause of death over taking Heart Disease