Dementia now the biggest cause of death over taking Heart Disease

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Re: Dementia now the biggest cause of death over taking Heart Disease

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote: If not, then how can you be an "American living in England?" Once again you're bringing up unjustified bullshit to try to spite me as it's well known that the US saved England's sorry hide in WW2.

You're about as good as Neville Chamberlin who sold out other countries to Nazi Germany.

The US government is drug importing from Mexico?!!!! Now that's a laugh. Wasn't Trump saying he'd build a wall to help stop it (which I already predicted won't happen as I already knew it wouldn't work.) You make a bunch of undocumented claims. You talk about the highest prison population. And how good are things in Merry Olde England that you're covering up on? So good you're turning your backs on the rest of Europe. The reason why the US has a high prison population is because criminals are put behind bars. It's as simple as that. DUH.

Now you're talking about US food bringing on dementia in England and Wales, you who are a nonscientist. What's the matter? Are you falsely claiming that US food is causing dementia where you live at? You haven't a shred of evidence for that, let alone proving that the food you eat originated in the US implying that British food is garbage. Furthermore why is the rate of dementia in England and Wales so high when compared with the US? You're off your rocker.

I'll let others deal with the rest of your nonsense posting. The garbage you've posted isn't even worth a response from me.

PhilX
FLAMING.
No, not flaming when you consider I'm being responsive to your very weak points plus I haven't used name calling that you're unprovocatively noted for.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Do you have dual citizenship? If not, then how can you be an "American living in England?" Once again you're bringing up unjustified bullshit to try to spite me as it's well known that the US saved England's sorry hide in WW2
with all sorts of help, otherwise you would see the Nazi flag hanging off your British buildings today. So are you and VT Nazi sympathizers? You're about as good as Neville Chamberlin who sold out other countries to Nazi Germany.

The US government is drug importing from Mexico?!!!! Now that's a laugh. Wasn't Trump saying he'd build a wall to help stop it (which I already predicted won't happen as I already knew it wouldn't work.) You make a bunch of undocumented claims. You talk about the highest prison population. And how good are things in Merry Olde England that you're covering up on? So good you're turning your backs on the rest of Europe. The reason why the US has a high prison population is because criminals are put behind bars. It's as simple as that. DUH.

Now you're talking about US food bringing on dementia in England and Wales, you who are a nonscientist. What's the matter? Are you falsely claiming that US food is causing dementia where you live at? You haven't a shred of evidence for that, let alone proving that the food you eat originated in the US implying that British food is garbage. Furthermore why is the rate of dementia in England and Wales so high when compared with the US? You're off your rocker.

I'll let others deal with the rest of your nonsense posting. The garbage you've posted isn't even worth a response from me.

PhilX
Actually it's you who is the Nazi. You voted for a Nazi Govt. and you defend your own Nazi-type imperialism. You are rabidly Nationalistic. You have a superiority complex. You are pro-war. You deny history. And you don't have a clue about science. All Nazi attributes. The methods might be different in some aspects, but dead is dead to dead people.
I don't vote fool. Show me where I said that. You're still the Nazi sympathizer based on statements you made. Just for the record I'm rabid anti-Nazi which many members are aware of. Since you don't say what country you're from, that can only mean you're hiding from Nazi hunters.

PhilX
From you, the global-warming denier who describes himself as a 'scientist'. :lol: Find anything from me that shows me as a 'Nazi sympathiser'.
Slandering little turd. You might as well say someone is a Nazi for hating Nazis. Retard.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Actually it's you who is the Nazi. You voted for a Nazi Govt. and you defend your own Nazi-type imperialism. You are rabidly Nationalistic. You have a superiority complex. You are pro-war. You deny history. And you don't have a clue about science. All Nazi attributes. The methods might be different in some aspects, but dead is dead to dead people.
I don't vote fool. Show me where I said that. You're still the Nazi sympathizer based on statements you made. Just for the record I'm rabid anti-Nazi which many members are aware of. Since you don't say what country you're from, that can only mean you're hiding from Nazi hunters.

PhilX
From you, the global-warming denier who describes himself as a 'scientist'. :lol: Find anything from me that shows me as a 'Nazi sympathiser'.
Slandering little turd. You might as well say someone is a Nazi for hating Nazis. Retard.
Copycatting me. Belittling US help to England can be read as Nazi sympathizing. Show me where you said you hate Nazis.

PhilX
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Lacewing wrote: I do not like country borders or flags. .
Me too; the source of most of our pain and conflict.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
You might not 'like' it but that is the way society is. I couldn't give a crap about pieces of cloth, but there are practical reasons for borders. There is infrastructure. Some countries don't have the deep and ancient infrastructure to cope with huge influxes of extra humans. What about jobs? Welfare? Crime? Lack of housing? People get stopped at our borders all the time trying to bring disease-carrying and illegal shit in. And as much as the PC thought-police try to stop people from saying it, there ARE vast cultural differences. eg. Mine is not a culture that condones skinning dogs alive for consumption.
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Copycatting me. Belittling US help to England can be read as Nazi sympathizing. Show me where you said you hate Nazis.

PhilX
I wasn't belittling help to England, I was pointing out historical facts AFTER you kept claiming incorrectly that the US won the war for everyone else. Personal opinion doesn't come into it. You really like to twist everything don't you? I don't know if that's deliberate or you are just unbelievably thick. I suspect the latter.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

TSBU wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Who?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
You might not 'like' it but that is the way society is. .
It's not always been the case, and it does not take much imagination to see how it could change.
vegetariantaxidermy

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
You might not 'like' it but that is the way society is. .
It's not always been the case, and it does not take much imagination to see how it could change.
Right, and what was happening 'before it was the case'? I suppose it will change when people stop caring about their children more than they do about strangers. Good luck with that. I assume you have an open-door policy on your home? You can't be territorial about it you know. :)
And you are talking to probably the least patriotic person around, but I also acknowledge that it's natural to like your home. I'm just realistic, and you and lacewing are not being realistic (or honest I suspect).
Philosophy Explorer

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Copycatting me. Belittling US help to England can be read as Nazi sympathizing. Show me where you said you hate Nazis.

PhilX
I wasn't belittling help to England, I was pointing out historical facts AFTER you kept claiming incorrectly that the US won the war for everyone else. Personal opinion doesn't come into it. You really like to twist everything don't you? I don't know if that's deliberate or you are just unbelievably thick. I suspect the latter.
The US is entitled to get something in return for its help.

PhilX
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I'm just realistic, and you and lacewing are not being realistic (or honest I suspect).
I'm being totally honest VT... and I can imagine various circumstances in which relaxing boundaries is or could be realistic. Are we generally there now? Maybe not in most ways. Is it impossible to evolve? I don't think so. It takes a change of mindset. Not impossible. Don't you believe there are DEGREES to everything... or is it just black or white? Open door or closed door? I think you may be taking up extreme positions, and if something doesn't fully meet that position, then it's a failure or invalid. If we stop envisioning beyond where we are, how will we ever move beyond where we are? THIS IS NOT THE ONLY WAY TO BE. It is an intoxicating and fully entrenched way to be... but there are many things that could shake it all apart and give us the opportunity to evolve. In 200 years, we (and our beliefs, methods, and systems) may look as archaic as do the ways of 200 years ago right now.

The people of each century think that they have it all figured out... and that it can't ever possibly be more or different. THAT'S what is dishonest and unrealistic... isn't it?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Greta wrote:At least half the PhD candidates in the US these days are apparently born in other countries https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK0Y9j_CGgM
Is it possible that the defect in our educational system is happening from the bottom up, and we still provide the best education at the top levels. I don't know about everyone else but I am making sure that 2 of my grandchildren are learning what is accurate and true, even if I have to teach them myself.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Lacewing wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Do you consider your home to be your own, or do you have an open-door policy?
I can see both vantage points. I "pay" for it and take care of it and protect it as a way of playing within the rules of this game... but my ATTITUDE is flexible for change, because I don't think the game is an absolute/complete view. Would I kill people for this home... no. Would I keep someone out if they needed refuge from being killed... no. I feel like I'm a temporary guest here too! I walk around all the time feeling gratitude that I "get to be here". I don't have some sort of fierce idea of entitlement. This is where my path led based on choices I made, but I do not OWN it supremely! I actually DO want to share this space with others who will appreciate and protect it too. I'm open to non-ownership. And I feel the same way about the planet. Boundaries (and identity with them) may serve certain purposes, but they also destroy a great deal.
About 2 years ago I allowed a friend and his family to live in our home, they had been kicked out of their previous place to stay, and he was in the hospital with heart problems. And then after 8 months and an increased effort on his part to take over the house, and several inconsiderate actions, I told them they had to leave. I'm willing to share my home but I'm not willing to let someone else take it over and make me and my family feel unwelcome.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

thedoc wrote:About 2 years ago I allowed a friend and his family to live in our home, they had been kicked out of their previous place to stay, and he was in the hospital with heart problems. And then after 8 months and an increased effort on his part to take over the house, and several inconsiderate actions, I told them they had to leave. I'm willing to share my home but I'm not willing to let someone else take it over and make me and my family feel unwelcome.
I think it takes a certain kind of mindset, of all those involved, and we're not collectively there yet (because we're still thick in the ways we're used to)... but I think we COULD evolve our mindsets more collectively/broadly at some point. I, too, have had the experience of a couple trying to take over my home for their own purposes, while also being deceptive and needy, and I had to ask them to leave. Then they moved on to another neighbor, and did the same thing.

But I've seen changes in myself and those around me in the past several years, and I think we're gradually evolving in some new ways. We recognize value in regaining some of the "tribal" qualities we've lost in our culture: where it's less about "self" and individual control, and more about "collective good and understanding". It is a slow and courageous process for us. The encouraging thing is that we share the intent. I know this is happening all over the world to varying degrees... and some are much better at it than others.
vegetariantaxidermy

Lacewing wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I'm just realistic, and you and lacewing are not being realistic (or honest I suspect).
I'm being totally honest VT... and I can imagine various circumstances in which relaxing boundaries is or could be realistic. Are we generally there now? Maybe not in most ways. Is it impossible to evolve? I don't think so. It takes a change of mindset. Not impossible. Don't you believe there are DEGREES to everything... or is it just black or white? Open door or closed door? I think you may be taking up extreme positions, and if something doesn't fully meet that position, then it's a failure or invalid. If we stop envisioning beyond where we are, how will we ever move beyond where we are? THIS IS NOT THE ONLY WAY TO BE. It is an intoxicating and fully entrenched way to be... but there are many things that could shake it all apart and give us the opportunity to evolve. In 200 years, we (and our beliefs, methods, and systems) may look as archaic as do the ways of 200 years ago right now.

The people of each century think that they have it all figured out... and that it can't ever possibly be more or different. THAT'S what is dishonest and unrealistic... isn't it?
Very poetic, but not a heck of a lot of practical sense or logistics. My own country 'relaxed its borders' and the result is an infrastructure that can't cope, a housing crisis with masses of homeless when there used to be none, loss of green spaces and wildlife habitat, and immigrant crimes that were once unheard of here.