General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: How do you feel about basic income?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
You don't know what you're talking about. As I just said, it doesn't matter if humans got it started as the machines will pick up the ball. Robotics is in its early infancy as videos from Boston Dynamics will demonstrate. Then there are other areas where machines are more advanced such as those that have beaten chess and Go champions, e.g. In fact a machine can do better sculpting than you ever can.

PhilX
Hair dressing; Writing literature; Counselling; Lawyers and judges; deciding what jobs really need doing; writing music worth listening to; performing; child care.
You're stuck in a loop parroting yourself. :lol:

PhilX
And you have failed to address a single point.
Skip

Post by Skip »

So, basically, machines can do everything that's work, but are not good - not good enough to satisfy some people - at hobbies, self-expression and human relationships.
How be if machines were given the jobs and people got on with making up songs and stories, inventing and tinkering, bickering and arguing, playing games and dandling their DNA repositories?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

This is PhilX after having programmed a machine to cut his hair.
"IT"S A SUCCESS!!", says Phil
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Hair dressing; Writing literature; Counselling; Lawyers and judges; deciding what jobs really need doing; writing music worth listening to; performing; child care.
What do you mean by hair dressing? Is that the way you have your hair? that can be easily done by AI, very very easily.
Writing literature, well, of course they will can. Garbage novels, as garbage tv series, are always the same, they will can do garbage... and garbage is the most demanded product. Nowadays there are many no sense novels, I mean, not even plot, just pieces with no sense, a machine only has to put them together, change names, change structures to sentences, and combine the 100 types of garbage personalitys with the 100 garbage plots, making a new novel every time.
No kidding, very very easy, not as much as hair, but easy.
What is writing, and what is "done by the machine" and "doe by people" is a difficult argument, cause people are the first, cause they did the machine. (So, machine beat us in chess, but, in fact, we are the one who programed them, so you can say that their creators are the truly chess masters).

Lawyers and judges. We don't need them XD humans can't do that either anyway (not well).

Writing music. The same as novels, I already put an example, of course, what is worth to listen is up to you... but... well... garbage is most listened than no garbage, and, who knows?

Performing. What do you exactly mean by performing? if you give them the words and the emotions, hell, of course they can, you don't even need AI for that, cause that requires not thinking, the job is done. But a database with feelings and faces isn't difficult, of course, they can be bad, or good. But, well, it isn't difficult to be as good as humans. But, if you are talking about passing a turing test, it can be done, it just depends in who are the judges, and how long you can talk with that machine. That will require time, language is complex, and that's more difficult than writing a novel (cause you give new input every time you talk).

Child care.
What do you mean by that? Feeding? Easy. Health? Easy. Education? That's just puting videos, done by humans, yes. At the begining, then AI can choose the better videos with statistics, and make them better. give them love? Oh, hell, can we talk about something serious?

Aanyway guys, do you know what is a FOIL alforithm? Knn versions? Regresive trees?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

With respect to losing jobs to machines, this fear goes back to the 50's when Rod Serling did a Twilight Zone episode (starring Richard Deacon) where robots replaced everybody at a workplace.

PhilX
Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:This is PhilX after having programmed a machine to cut his hair.
"IT"S A SUCCESS!!", says Phil
I noticed that Hobbsy is afraid to put up his own picture.
Hmmmmm.

PhilX
Philosophy Explorer

Intel believes in AI:

http://www.alphr.com/the-future/1004845 ... ajor-focus

Ten years. If you want to see robots in action, pay a visit to Robot Hotel in Japan.

PhilX
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

TSBU wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Hair dressing; Writing literature; Counselling; Lawyers and judges; deciding what jobs really need doing; writing music worth listening to; performing; child care.
What do you mean by hair dressing? Is that the way you have your hair? that can be easily done by AI, very very easily.
Rubbish.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:With respect to losing jobs to machines, this fear goes back to the 50's when Rod Serling did a Twilight Zone episode (starring Richard Deacon) where robots replaced everybody at a workplace.

PhilX
This is the real world bitch.
We all know you live in the Twilight Zone, but others do not.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

TSBU wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Performing. What do you exactly mean by performing? if you give them the words and the emotions, hell, of course they can, you don't even need AI for that, cause that requires not thinking, the job is done.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1jL8A20H_k
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
TSBU wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Performing. What do you exactly mean by performing? if you give them the words and the emotions, hell, of course they can, you don't even need AI for that, cause that requires not thinking, the job is done.?

Your arguments are pictures and "I know more"

Ok, letss talk with facts. by the way, the song I posted, was done by an AI (nearly entire).
1. They can't do it now.
2. We don't know enough to know what exactly are they going to do.

I know some things about AI, enough to see that you (in general, people here, all of them) don't even have a clear thought about "what exactly is AI", and look, that's not an easy answer, even for peopke who work in the field. I don't work in it, I'm just curious, and I've read some books and programmed with "autolearn" algortithms (and you too are just curious). With the things I know, I'm nearly sure that they will can do all you say better than most of humans, but I can't prove it to you, and the fact is that, now, they can't (anyway, the hair one can be done now... hair isn't a dificult field, there are some kinds of hair, and some kinds of... what is the word? ways to have the hair. The simplest ones doesn't even need something as complex as AI... but I'm not going to build it anyway XD, and this is always a matter of "how much", I mean, being bold is a typical hair dress? and they certeanly can do that, almost every hair dress is easy to do)... but... ok, lets say that's my opinion.

It's evident that no one here can prove his thoughts to others. So maybe you should talk with "maybe"? don't you think?

Philosophy Explorer

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:With respect to losing jobs to machines, this fear goes back to the 50's when Rod Serling did a Twilight Zone episode (starring Richard Deacon) where robots replaced everybody at a workplace.

PhilX
This is the real world bitch.
We all know you live in the Twilight Zone, but others do not.
I'm not your bitch. In fact you do most of the bitching around here. Is that the "Royal We?" :lol:

Back to your dreamworld sculpting.

PhilX
Last edited by Philosophy Explorer on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

TSBU wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
TSBU wrote:

Ok, letss talk with facts. by the way, the song I posted, was done by an AI (nearly entire).
1. They can't do it now.

I know some things about AI, enough to see that you ]
"AI" is a misnomer.

I'm sure you and Philx will be happy together in the Twilight Zone.
Last edited by Hobbes' Choice on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Show me the machine that can compete with this.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
TSBU wrote:

1. They can't do it now.

I know some things about AI, enough to see that you ]
I'm sure you and Philx will be happy together in the Twilight Zone.
I'm sure you won't remember this (or won't be alive) when you can realize that you were completely wrong XD.