Thinking experiment for fun

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

NielsBohr

Thinking experiment for fun

Post by NielsBohr »

Hi,

Have you ever thought about a guy - except me (of course) - who were posting a question, about everyone begin to answer very serious and long text, and that - during this time - the asker just get a Lol of this situation?

Or, for those who are students, (I advice you not to do it too often), have you ever tried to ask any question (as "stupid" as possible, but not too, to remain credible) to see the serious manner with which the Professor answer you during 5 minutes ?

:)

Huh... little less fun, if the Pr think you are ironical although you ask sincerely.
Terrapin Station

Re: Thinking experiment for fun

Post by Terrapin Station »

aka "trolling."

Personally, I prefer avoiding long answers.

People who seem to only be able to write long posts are people I tend to want to avoid, especially getting into a conversation with them, because I know no matter how focused I try to make the discussion, even if I just ask a yes or no question, I'm going to get 1000 words or whatever in reply.
NielsBohr

Post by NielsBohr »

Hi!

Either I am discovering the life, or to reduce the so-called "thinking experiment" to troll is at least approximative... In the proposed situation, it is not about "How demonstrate mathematically that 1 > 0", nor constitute in writing S. M. S. language to mean insults as well as compliment in a single word, nor any other silly thing;
it is about subtle humour.

But, as written, it is not to do extensively.

Huh, maybe I'll write an auto-goal: I only hope the consideration is not recursive on my present ask here above... But no, as I am making it transparent with the "fun" precision in title, moreover in the lounge section.
Terrapin Station wrote:Personally, I prefer avoiding long answers.
Well, take it as compliment if you wish, but I shall recognize that your way in transmitting your ideas is rather... efficient.
Terrapin Station wrote:People who seem to only be able to write long posts are people I tend to want to avoid, especially getting into a conversation with them, because I know no matter how focused I try to make the discussion, even if I just ask a yes or no question, I'm going to get 1000 words or whatever in reply.
Only for this simple reason? (Then you should avoid me! Even if I hope no.)*
I expected that you would invoke a reason, as: "The more they extend, the less they are pertinent" - what indeed is the fact regarding the style, (but not always about the cognitive content).
*That written, I have to inform you that I faced 2 Titans of writing, with respect to whom I was not even normal but a gnome; their wrote so many each to the other, that even as being a spectator, I was not patient enough to read all! And the one who was the less faithful, and who seemed the less "educated", was the one who proposed the definitively most pertinent arguments. Sometime, you get high surprises of such situations!

One of the purpose of the guy, was this answer:
"-My argue may seem as being from the chicken and the egg (N.B.: a circular reasoning), that does not avoid the chicken to make eggs and to born from it".

Frankly speaking, this guy - who I distrusted in first saw - and knowing I had faith for his "opponent", became literally my hero.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Have you ever thought about a guy
Yes, in more ways than one.
get a Lol of this situation?
You can lol if you want. I'd like to think this is the Enlightened age.