rhetorical

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: rhetorical

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

henry quirk wrote:Am I a wacko extremist cuz I believe elected folk should viewed as, treated as, employees instead of nobility?

Am I a wacko extremist cuz I'm dissatisfied with the glorified popularity contests we call elections?

Am I a wacko extremist cuz I wanna hire the best proxies, employees, and public servants instead of electing the least crappy of a crappy bunch of mercenary parasites?

Am I a wacko extremist for wanting the formal option to say 'no' to appear on every ballot, of every election, from the federal down to the municipal?

Am I a wacko extremist for living as though I'm responsible for me?

Am I a wacko extremist for resisting being used by folks who think I should I be responsible for, or to, them?

Am I a wacko extremist for wanting the taxes I pay to be spent responsibly, minimally, and productively?

I could go on and on and on... :|
And what are you actually doing to achieve this shift in the democratic process?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
henry quirk wrote:Am I a wacko extremist cuz I believe elected folk should viewed as, treated as, employees instead of nobility?

Am I a wacko extremist cuz I'm dissatisfied with the glorified popularity contests we call elections?

Am I a wacko extremist cuz I wanna hire the best proxies, employees, and public servants instead of electing the least crappy of a crappy bunch of mercenary parasites?

Am I a wacko extremist for wanting the formal option to say 'no' to appear on every ballot, of every election, from the federal down to the municipal?

Am I a wacko extremist for resisting being used by folks who think I should I be responsible for, or to, them?

Am I a wacko extremist for wanting the taxes I pay to be spent responsibly, minimally, and productively?

And what are you actually doing to achieve this shift in the democratic process?
I've found that those who complain constantly about taxes and their loss of 'freedom', without fail are only concerned about the welfare aspect and the fact that 'lesser' human beings might be in need and benefit from their self-proclaimed 'hard work'. They never complain about the amount spent on the military, for example. They are the kind of people who get great satisfaction from seeing homeless beggars on the streets (apparently that makes them feel more 'free').
They just can't see that the overall well-being of the population is beneficial to everyone (or don't give a shit). I don't want to see homeless beggars. Now that we have a 'neo-liberal' fascist Govt. beloved by the right-wing, the homeless population has increased ten thousand fold (no reduction in taxes either). Right-wing Govts. make life shitty for everyone except perhaps a handful of corrupt greedmongers who can eek profit out of them.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

I've found that those who complain constantly about taxes and their loss of 'freedom', without fail are only concerned about the welfare aspect and the fact that 'lesser' human beings might be in need and benefit from their self-proclaimed 'hard work'. They never complain about the amount spent on the military, for example. They are the kind of people who get great satisfaction from seeing homeless beggars on the streets (apparently that makes them feel more 'free').
They just can't see that the overall well-being of the population is beneficial to everyone (or don't give a shit). I don't want to see homeless beggars. Now that we have a 'neo-liberal' fascist Govt. beloved by the right-wing, the homeless population has increased ten thousand fold (no reduction in taxes either). Right-wing Govts. make life shitty for everyone except perhaps a handful of corrupt greedmongers who can eek profit out of them.
I've always found it weird that low rent people like to follow and support Tories, conservatives and fascists. I call it the Alf Garnet effect. For some people it is enough that they feel superior to some people and can aspire the the horrors of the ruling class.
it does not stop them moaning about the poor and the suffering and keen to blame them all, whilst saluting the queen or Trump !
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"you're just wacko in general"

Takes one to know one.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

thedoc wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:thedoc, are you of the opinion that the people who have run for office and been elected have generally been more reasonable, intelligent, etc.?
Read my post up-thread from this one.
I don't see anything that I'd count as a response to the question I'm asking there.
Harbal

Re:

Post by Harbal »

henry quirk wrote:"you're just wacko in general"

Takes one to know one.
That isn't true. You don't have to be wacko to be able spot someone who is. The fact that it just happens to be true in this particular case is purely coincidental.
Last edited by Harbal on Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

HA!
thedoc

Re: Re:

Post by thedoc »

Harbal wrote:

Takes one to know one.
That isn't true. You don't have to be wacko to be able spot someone who is. The fact that it just happens to be true in this particular case is purely coincidental.
Welcome to the club. Someone sent me this in an e-mail, "I was normal once, the worst 2 minutes of my life".
MatejValuch

Post by MatejValuch »

You should move to Switzerland, and become a Swiss citizen (not difficult if you have a lot of money and can buy a property). Then most of your problems will cease to exist...
Hobbes' Choice

Re:

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Takes one to know one.
I note that you neglected to answer the question ;"And what are you actually doing to achieve this shift in the democratic process?"

I'll take that answer as "FUCK ALL".

In which case I suggest you shut the fuck up until you, put your money where your mouth is. Because it is morons like you that deserve all the shit they get.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Didn't 'neglect' to answer, just ignored the question...not feelin' particularly obligated to explain, defend, or justify myself to anyone about anything.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Because it is morons like you that deserve all the shit they get.
Just like those who choose to live in England deserve what they get.

It's funny that some who post on an internet forum believe that everyone else is obliged to respond to that post to their satisfaction. As if the world owes them something.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Because it is morons like you that deserve all the shit they get.
Indeed, enjoying the result of actually making a decision about what to do with my life, rather than stay put and moan about your shit country but not try to do anything about it.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Indeed, enjoying the result of actually making a decision about what to do with my life, rather than stay put and moan about your shit country but not try to do anything about it.
I see that you neglected to respond to the other part of my post, so you can't be bothered to do, what you accuse others of not doing?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"not try to do anything about it"

But that's the thing: you don't know jack about what I do or don't, all you got is your tired, old, anti-americanism to guide you.

Pretty sure any answer I would have posted to your question would have been the 'wrong' answer, so why should I bother? And, as Doc pointed out, you got this misbegotten notion that just cuz you ask, you're owed an answer...lots of folks here and elsewhere feel similarly entitled...you all perhaps should come to grips with (1) not a soul owes you diddly, and (2) you got no power to compel diddly.